Character appears green instead of Sky (color 50 i think)

legolloyd

Formerly LloydLuigi123 and Nookels
So I made a custom character and made his color "sky" in "S_SKIN" but in-game he's still green.
srb20002.gif

opsonic?i dunno chief even if you fix that you may not be able to get him release
but if you use slade you may have just chosen the wrong color that can be changed
Post automatically merged:

also nice drawing

opsonic?i dunno chief even if you fix that you may not be able to get him release
but if you use slade you may have just chosen the wrong color that can be changed

also nice drawing
i know it got rejected, but i'm gonna edit the sonic sprites. so can u please tell me how to fix it!
BTW i'll DM you the pk3

i know it got rejected, but i'm gonna edit the sonic sprites. so can u please tell me how to fix it!
BTW i'll DM you the pk3
i got nothing professional about modding got a wip for a YEAR all i can say is that if you prot sprites randomly it just wont work

BTW i'll DM you the pk3
Most likely you set startcolor to something other than 96. Someone should probably put this in the Custom Character tutorial, because newcomers to modding CONSTANTLY confuse that for prefcolor.

Most likely you set startcolor to something other than 96. Someone should probably put this in the Custom Character tutorial, because newcomers to modding CONSTANTLY confuse that for prefcolor.
so for prefcolor and startcolor what do i put?

so for prefcolor and startcolor what do i put?
You can just not set startcolor - by default it is set to the green range in question (96-111 - the default value is 96). prefcolor should be set to the skincolor name you chose - "Sky" in your case. (Without the quotes obv.)

prefcolor is already Sky:
name = OPSonic
ability = CA_JUMPTHOK
ability2 = CA2_SPINDASH
normalspeed =99
thrustfactor = 5
accelstart = 50
acceleration = 88.5
startcolor = 50
prefcolor = Sky
supercolor = Yellow
prefoppositecolor = Peridot
jumpfactor = 3.25
actionspd = 500

do i make startcolor = 96?

i looked into ur fuckin pk3 tried to convert it to the srb2 palete n all couldnt find any shit
pretty sure its with the file itself going crazy not knowing tf u did in it as you did not even make lumps for like when character becomes super go these sprites or these sprites so im pretty sure the shit in there try putting some lump at the right positions

prefcolor is already Sky:
name = OPSonic
ability = CA_JUMPTHOK
ability2 = CA2_SPINDASH
normalspeed =99
thrustfactor = 5
accelstart = 50
acceleration = 88.5
startcolor = 50
prefcolor = Sky
supercolor = Yellow
prefoppositecolor = Peridot
jumpfactor = 3.25
actionspd = 500

do i make startcolor = 96?
Make startcolor = 96. startcolor defines the start of the range of colors used on the sprites for swap-out between different skin colors. As it stands, the green isn't being changed at all, rather it starts on the 2nd brightest shade of orange. prefcolor defines the Skincolor of the character.

Also, for the record, this is in the S_SKIN portion of the Custom character tutorial, so it's on the wiki. It's however buried in the explanations of all the other settings.

In order to enable Super, you must have flags = SF_SUPER in there. IF you do not have Super frames, it will not care and go ahead anways with Super.

Last edited:
ok thx

Make startcolor = 96. startcolor defines the start of the range of colors used on the sprites for swap-out between different skin colors. As it stands, the green isn't being changed at all, rather it starts on the 2nd brightest shade of orange. prefcolor defines the Skincolor of the character.

Also, for the record, this is in the S_SKIN portion of the Custom character tutorial, so it's on the wiki. It's however buried in the explanations of all the other settings.

In order to enable Super, you must have flags = SF_SUPER in there. IF you do not have Super frames, it will not care and go ahead anways with Super.
when i started making the character, it had super sprites - but in-game he used them even though he was not super. and he kept switching between super and normal sprites. so i removed the super sprites

Also i need a homing attack lua and dash mode lua because i also want him to have the spindash

Last edited:
ok thx

when i started making the character, it had super sprites - but in-game he used them even though he was not super. and he kept switching between super and normal sprites. so i removed the super sprites

Also i need a homing attack lua and dash mode lua because i also want him to have the spindash
its fucking default charability can give you dash soc lump but the homing thok i forgot what it is but theres a tutorial about those

me who also came up with opsonic BEFORE looking at this
why didnt i look for opsonic before making an opsonic? now theres 2 unreleased opsonics, one is mine and one is nookels.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back