Chaos Knuckles

Chaos Knuckles v4.2(minor update)

Kirb

Kirb The Korb
Kirb submitted a new resource:

Chaos Knuckles - or emerald knucles, if you prefer

Chaos Knuckles, original knuckles transfrormation made by Ken Penders is very fast in this mod, yet easy to use. When running knuckles can straight up run into the enemies ands destroy them
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Abilities
"
aimed spamdash" your usual spamdash but a trail appears as a reticule
View attachment 57488

"armageddon power-up"
gives you an armageddon shield...

Read more about this resource...

Y'know, i feel like he should have vanilla knuckles' running animation for his dashmode run instead of the glide. On top of that, maybe give him the ability to descend and ascend while swimming?

In relation to my review, I gave this character a try and... have a few ideas of how he could play better.

Starting with the elephant in the room, vanilla dash mode is doing him no favors. Perhaps letting him keep it in the air regardless of speed or while he's climbing walls (or both) would help it flow a bit better (aerial preservation would also allow him to keep it a bit more reasonably while gliding.) The fact that he also can't break spikes with it (while he can certainly damage enemies and bosses) feels odd.
srb20336.gif

Second thing: his spindash. Again, the aimed spindash idea is rather interesting, but the spindash itself is too strong and has little to no variance in it's strength (which makes it feel like a thok bound to the ground.) I would try letting the spindash be a little stronger than average while it's uncharged, but have the aiming stuff show up after you charge it a bit and let it get really strong. I also think making it operate like a normal spamdash (press the button to spindash again) is overall not the best idea, but I don't doubt it could be tweaked to work with his kit a bit better.
srb20330.gif

Then there's some small stuff that I think could help, starting with tweaking his recurl. Letting him recurl from stuff like pain, spring, and falling states isn't too bad of an idea, but specifically recurling from glide feels a bit... off. I think letting the player glide again after hitting something would make it really fun to utilize and flow a bit better with how he plays.
srb20327.gif

After that, I'd recommend maybe giving him a passive of some sort stemming from him being a powered up version of Knuckles (for example breaking spikes upon contact as if they're bustable walls) along with changing the effects for some actions (spindash, dash mode, and having a nuke shield all using the exact same rainbow effect makes it super hard to tell when I have dash mode sometimes.)

Lastly, the ability to just... have an armageddon shield from pressing custom 3 really feels haphazardly attached and I'd say it has no real reason to be here. If you really wanted to give him a ring based ability though, maybe make it so you get a different shield depending on how many rings you have when you press custom 3?

Overall I'd say CK here has quite a bit of potential to be really fun and quite interesting to play, but in his current state I'd say he could definitely do with some changes.

So I'm having trouble with this mod and it's honestly probably not even something worth reporting since I'm playing on Android and 95% of other players probably won't encounter the same thing but here goes: the mod is amazing and plays incredibly but when I assign a 3D model to Knuckles the spam dash trail causes insane lag. I tried it with a couple of different models, high and low poly, but it had basically the same effect each time. I'd play with the sprites on but on my small screen only high-resolution sprites like Junio Sonic's look appealing. Again, probably not a problem for most players since their hardware isn't likely to be a phone but I thought it might be worth pointing out.

I bet when he is finished he may end up a stronger version of the vanilla character and get to brag at sonic, Amy, tails and metal sonic about how he has a more powerful version of himself.

So I'm having trouble with this mod and it's honestly probably not even something worth reporting since I'm playing on Android and 95% of other players probably won't encounter the same thing but here goes: the mod is amazing and plays incredibly but when I assign a 3D model to Knuckles the spam dash trail causes insane lag. I tried it with a couple of different models, high and low poly, but it had basically the same effect each time. I'd play with the sprites on but on my small screen only high-resolution sprites like Junio Sonic's look appealing. Again, probably not a problem for most players since their hardware isn't likely to be a phone but I thought it might be worth pointing out.
it's probably because it basically duplicates the model a lot of times to do a ghost effect, i haven't tested it in 3d since my pc doesn't support opengl.
I will give an optimized version, it should also optimize general gameplay by deleting chaosknux's fancy effect

Attachments

• ChaosKnuxOptimized.pk3
    558 KB · Views: 117
Maybe it's to late. And I maybe in no position to say anything. But. What I would like to see with chaos knuckles design, and I get it's staying true to the comic but leaving knuckles shoes the way it is in base form and his mouth his regular color. Maybe revamp the eyes. But overall I'm just excited to see someone doing something with knuckles and bringing back chaos knuckles. Definitely needs to be his original transformation personally! Great job mate ☺️👍🏾!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back