• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Centigrade - Public Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
(Alright, so this topic used to be for a combined release of the contest versions of a few of my maps. If the replies below make little sense, that'd be why.)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u3s4ik

Now that it's summer, I've got a whole lot of free time on my hands and I figured I'd revisit FFZ2 again. Since FFZ2 has already run the gauntlet of OLDC, it's fair game to develop it in plain sight. Fortunately for you guys, I'm too lazy to separate FFZ2 from all of my other maps, so you guys have the privilege of testing all of my other maps too. However, that also means there's two (or three?) unreleased maps in here, so don't go past FFZ3 (MAP07) if you don't want to spoil it for yourself.

Granted, the main thing to keep in mind is that I want feedback on FFZ2 more than all of the other levels in the pack. It's perfectly fine if you want to yell at me and tell me that I made some bad changes to NSZ since you last saw it, but please focus your attention towards FFZ2.

Oh, and because this is beta testing, I am not to be help responsible if you can't finish a given level, I left in a testing spawn, or the end of NSZ2's switchhunt now crashes your game. For future reference, "centigrade.wad" is always a WIP version taken straight from the depths of my harddrive. "scr_centigrade.wad" is a more polished version that is intended as a standard version that should (but isn't) able to be played on netgames and all that.

If I left anything else out, feel free to yell at me about that too~

How come FFZ1 isn't in there? It seemed to skip that level when I played through the whole thing.

This level pack, is amazing!! The levels set an amazing mood, and gave me many ideas, for my own pack. I hope the second release, is even better.

These levels are good! I remember many of them, too. They are very challenging without being insanely hard. And the scenery is amazing, too.

Dear god, I have never realized how epic Nuclear Sunset Zone 2 was until I hunted for all of those buttons. I love how they changed up the level, though the final secret was a bit......unexpected. Still great anyway.

I was only able to play up to a certain point in act 2 NSZ, because it sigsev'd. Nice levels though. Even though it's one of SRB2's defualt music choice, the level makes the music feel special somehow. The gameplay is also great too.

Uh, I just took a screenshot.

srb20014-2.png

it hasn't sigsev'd again since the first time, though.

I wonder, what are your plans for future versions of Centigrade? Do you plan to just stop here?

• Finish FFZ2
  • Finish secret NSZ level
  • Make a zone that's reminiscent of Pillaris
  • (Maybe) make a space zone
  • Extra stuff like Bittersweet and Visual Noise
  • Custom bosses
Most likely in that order. Part of my plans for second release will be presentation, so I would prefer to release this as a whole.

Suh-weet levelpack! NSZ was great, except for one bit where it had the air-temple feel and you had to platform to reach an elevator to get to a teleport. I died too many times there, but the rest was great.

NSZ1: Great level, although I had to take the upper route. Floating boxes got on my nerves.
NSZ2: Also good.
FFZ1: I got lost once...Must be why it's called Forever Forest Zone...
FFZ2: Lost again! Still good, though.
FFZ3: Not bad, I suppose. A little too generic, but it prevents thokking at Eggman, because if you do, you'll go flying straight back at thokspeed and go into the death pit. Kinda like one of the bosses in the MR archives.

Great levels. I love your level design and the music fit the stages very well. There was no cheap enemy placement and I personally like wide-open stages, even though I generally get lost in Forever Forest Act I. All in all, great job and I hope you continue to make this a whole level pack.

Uhh, it was that way during the contest too?

I have no idea what's causing it, sorry. I'll try adding more player starts and use ZenNode instead of ZDBSP. I can't really test the co-op compatibility myself, though.

Maybe it's the header.

I discovered it when I tried to type MAP MAP02 in console and didn't work.

Code:
Player 1 is in the game (node 0)
Speeding off to level...
(...)
>map map01
Speeding off to level...
>map map02
That level doesn't support Coop mode!
(Use -force to override)
>map map02 -force
Speeding off to level...

EDIT:

Back about level header:

Code:
LEVEL 2
levelname = Nuclear Sunset
act = 2
typeoflevel = 4096

4096? Shouldn't it be 4099?

EDIT 2:

MAP02: My player get c-kick if I force MAP02 in my servers. Also, next map isn't the MAP03.

MAP05: Teleporter at SW part (secret room) is <strike>broken</strike> not finished (Sorry).

ESPECIAL EDIT

Amazing level pack. :D

I loved the secrets of NSZ2, you held me playing for 15 minutes (but I got scared with surprise at the end... >_>). The sunlight effects in chapel are incredible. :')

There's a difference between FFZ2 and a good level:

A good level: you reach the end level, you say "Nice! I got the end level, I'm winner"

FFZ2: you reach the end level, you say "What!? NOOOO!!!"

BlueZero4, I think you missed your topic. I posted some reports and seems you lost them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back