CAS Track Pak- The Aero Moon Update!

CAS Track Pak- The Aero Moon Update! Aero Moon 9

This is what Woshee said.
"Yeah it was done mainly because the fault line visual would break if it is too long, so to compensate, I added a wall of springs that would send you to your doom."

So, the springs are invisible?
We were nowhere near the springs and got launched by them anyway and I don't know why it happened
 
We were nowhere near the springs and got launched by them anyway and I don't know why it happened
Hey so this made me register to the MB to say this, but this isn't map related at all, it's likely game related jank, I have checked the map, and the waypoints are nowhere near the springs.
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Laser Cup Launch! with a new update entry:

V7.6- Another Weekend Patch

V7.6- Another weekend patch

Well it's time I release another weekend patch, but these will come in handy for the current maps. Well anyway, lets see whats new:

-A new layout for Spiral Hill Circuit has arrived, with new turns in the village area while keeping the style from the previous layout.

-New visuals for PlayStation Carnival and Starmine Speedway are complete.

-Song changes for the following maps: Sky Harbor and Breezy Village

The following maps removed the zone title; I guess...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
The player starts in Sapphire Mountain are placed in specific spots that makes the game be unable to determine which waypoint players are on.
ringracers8365.png

Because of this, all CPU players won't start racing until 4 seconds after the "GO" signal.
ringracers0219.gif

In addition, it results in a bug where as long as a player remains on the starting area and never leaves the area at any one point, all other players will be one place lower than expected. This also causes the Item/Ring Box roulettes to malfunction since no one is in 1st place - roulette speed and item/ring payouts are as if the player was in 1st place.
ringracers8369.png

Also, found an issue with the filename prefix. DR is only to be used if there are only race maps, but there are also battle maps, Lua scripts and special stages in this pack, so the correct filename prefix should be DRBSL.
 
The player starts in Sapphire Mountain are placed in specific spots that makes the game be unable to determine which waypoint players are on.
View attachment 170383
Because of this, all CPU players won't start racing until 4 seconds after the "GO" signal.
View attachment 170385
In addition, it results in a bug where as long as a player remains on the starting area and never leaves the area at any one point, all other players will be one place lower than expected. This also causes the Item/Ring Box roulettes to malfunction since no one is in 1st place - roulette speed and item/ring payouts are as if the player was in 1st place.
View attachment 170384
Also, found an issue with the filename prefix. DR is only to be used if there are only race maps, but there are also battle maps, Lua scripts and special stages in this pack, so the correct filename prefix should be DRBSL.
If you're talking about the bug, yeah apparently I had to move the waypoint to where the finish line which also align with the other maps.
 
Last edited:
If you're talking about the bug, yeah apparently I had to move the waypoint to where the finish line which also align with the other maps.
Moving the waypoint actually causes the player to have no current waypoint ID if the player idles at the starting line. This prevents the finish line distance from being calculated which leads to the bug I'm actually talking about here which is the game giving 1st place items to all players regardless of how far behind one actually is and the game saying Player 1's finish line distance is 0 (and is lower than every other player) despite being on lap 0.
ringracers8372.png
 
Moving the waypoint actually causes the player to have no current waypoint ID if the player idles at the starting line. This prevents the finish line distance from being calculated which leads to the bug I'm actually talking about here which is the game giving 1st place items to all players regardless of how far behind one actually is and the game saying Player 1's finish line distance is 0 (and is lower than every other player) despite being on lap 0.
View attachment 170392
I went back to the map, and moved the waypoint away from the finish line, and yeah it works.

But what are your suggestions? Removing the platform and they start on the ground or something else?
 
I went back to the map, and moved the waypoint away from the finish line, and yeah it works.

But what are your suggestions? Removing the platform and they start on the ground or something else?
If you have moved the waypoint and said that doing so worked, I guess it should be fine then at that state.
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Laser Cup Launch! with a new update entry:

V7.6b- Time for another hotfix

Well the final week of July comes, so I think it's time I show off another update.

-From now on as of this update, the prefixes are now DRBLS due to having Battle, Special, and LUA content besides race maps.
-The bug in Sapphire Mountain has resolved in the starting area.
-Added some new FOFs for Specter Stadium, plus they scroll just like in Ape Escape.
-Brought back the PlayStation Carnival screens, I forgot to include those.

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Laser Cup Launch! with a new update entry:

V7.6c

Another patch arrived! So what's next?

-Added some more textures and visuals for Tetromino Palace, figured if I never leave behind Puyo Puyo Tetris representation.
-In Polar Paradise Zone, all Penguinators will slide on the ice areas and not on water. Also adjusted many of the ice areas to incorporate the penguins on the track.
-Changed a few song titles on the map pack.

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Laser Cup Launch! with a new update entry:

INCOMING TRACK TEASER!

Well it's almost close, however I do want to release it before CrossWorlds' open test. But anyway, it's time for another track teaser for the upcoming V8 update. Hope you're ready!

Let's see what you can describe these images below.
View attachment 172544
View attachment 172545
View attachment 172542View attachment 172546
View attachment 172543

See you later!

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Laser Cup Launch! with a new update entry:

V8- The Resistance Update

View attachment 172776

V8: The Resistance Update!

September is finally coming, and now I present to you, the next update, V8: the Resistance Update. As we are approaching the release of Sonic Racing CrossWorlds, I figured I release the map pack early. This new update features 4 brand new maps and a new battle variant of an existing map! Also, some changes to the existing maps. Let's take a look at the new stuff in V8.

New Maps: Puyo...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Resistance Update! with a new update entry:

V8.1- Weekend Patch time!

It's almost the weekend, so I figured I make some significant changes with a new patch. Even though i'm hard at work on the final Laser Cup map. Anyway, here are some new changes.

-Brightmap adjustments now improved on Starmine Speedway.
-Fixed an issue for the CPUs performing a trick in Battleship Harbor.
-Frutiger Aeropolis visual changes including one in the platform.
-An improved pool bowl in Sky Spire.
-A new song has been added to Sky Spire.

Well that's all from me, enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Resistance Update! with a new update entry:

V8.1b- Last patch for the weekend

Well I wanted to fix this, and I deserve it. Last one for the weekend's closure.
-Puyo Puyo Arena's lap count has been reduced to 2 laps. However, more changes will come at a later time involving the map's identity.
-Battleship Harbor's visuals has been changed involving the carriers, all in their respective gray color.
-Super FX Field's background has been changed, no more motion sickness.

That's enough from me, enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Resistance Update! with a new update entry:

V8.2- ALL TRACKS ARE NOW 2.4 READY!

V8.2- All tracks are now V2.4 compatible!

Woshee and I have been working on updates on all the maps as the RC versions of Ring Racers V2.4 is out. So here's everything you need to know about the V8.2 update.

ALL TRACKS ARE NOW V2.4 COMPATIBLE! Every track from the three Paks now include checkpoints.
However, almost all tracks contain major changes.

Breezy Village:
-The removal of the pond before the diamond section, now replaced by a round wall.

Donburi Skyway:
-Due to the removal of old...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
RedDasherCAS updated CAS Track Pak- The Resistance Update! with a new update entry:

V8.3 update patch

It's been awhile since I made updates to the maps, but it's about time I update some maps.

Delfino Coast:
-A new FOF for the ocean has been included.
-Fixes on some parts of the map like the starting banner and the graffiti.

Starmine Speedway:
-Now reduced to 2 laps instead of 3, going back to the old days when it was originally 4 since the checkpoint feature was added.
-Deathpits have been added on some parts, mostly in the off-course sides.
-Arranged the pattern of the course.

Puyo Puyo...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Back
Top