• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Carbon Isles PK3

Seaside Coast Act 1 Is Officially Finished, Here Are Some Screenshots Of The Level.
srb20028.png

srb20024.png

srb20048.png

Since I am now helping MC on Carbon Isles, (As am so happy about being in this project.) Undersea falls is now being a CTF Stage!

Here is 2 gifs for any of the progress made for this!

srb20221.gif

srb20222.gif

Right now the level is currently going to change pass future versions.

There is no download link for it, it doesn't have the items in CTF. (Expect for the CTF Red/Blue Flags)

So it's a little in progress, so just wait for it to be finished.

Last edited:
After Seaside Coast Act 1 Was Put Into The OLDC, I Read The Comments On The Thread And Decided To Try And Fix Some Issues With The Stage. I Personally Dont Think That The Stage Is Too Compact, So I Only Opened Up Some Parts That I DO Think Were Compact, Along With That, I Fixed The issue Of The Stage Disarming Behind Invisible Walls, But The Old Rock Texture Looked Awful From A Distance So I Decided To Change All The Textures To Make It Not Look So Bright And Cartoony. And It Left Me With This Enhancement.
srb20109.png

After Seaside Coast Act 1 Was Put Into The OLDC, I Read The Comments On The Thread And Decided To Try And Fix Some Issues With The Stage. I Personally Dont Think That The Stage Is Too Compact, So I Only Opened Up Some Parts That I DO Think Were Compact, Along With That, I Fixed The issue Of The Stage Disarming Behind Invisible Walls, But The Old Rock Texture Looked Awful From A Distance So I Decided To Change All The Textures To Make It Not Look So Bright And Cartoony. And It Left Me With This Enhancement.View attachment 85875
It does look great when It's like this anyway, but It looks awesome!

After Seaside Coast Act 1 Was Put Into The OLDC, I Read The Comments On The Thread And Decided To Try And Fix Some Issues With The Stage. I Personally Dont Think That The Stage Is Too Compact, So I Only Opened Up Some Parts That I DO Think Were Compact, Along With That, I Fixed The issue Of The Stage Disarming Behind Invisible Walls, But The Old Rock Texture Looked Awful From A Distance So I Decided To Change All The Textures To Make It Not Look So Bright And Cartoony. And It Left Me With This Enhancement.View attachment 85875
Oh wow, this is a super huge improvement visually! It's a lot clearer what the stage actually is

Also, regarding the stage feeling too small or compact, I can describe in more understandable terms what makes the scale of this stage feel 'too small'.
With SRB2's movement physics, a lot of satisfying and fun maneuvers come from the flow of the stage. Are you able to traverse the obstacles in your way in such a way that you keep up a state of flow.
In Seaside Coast there are constant obstructions, and not much wiggle room to move. When you move at Sonic's regular run speed, you're being nudged around in very frustrating ways, and so is the camera!

Compare this to say, vanilla maps. There is always enough room for you to travel at your characters run speed without having to be touchy on the W key to move forward, and there is enough room for you to properly see the obstacles ahead of you, plan your course of action in a natural manner that keeps up the flow state.

I hope that helps you understand where that piece of criticism comes from!

Oh wow, this is a super huge improvement visually! It's a lot clearer what the stage actually is

Also, regarding the stage feeling too small or compact, I can describe in more understandable terms what makes the scale of this stage feel 'too small'.
With SRB2's movement physics, a lot of satisfying and fun maneuvers come from the flow of the stage. Are you able to traverse the obstacles in your way in such a way that you keep up a state of flow.
In Seaside Coast there are constant obstructions, and not much wiggle room to move. When you move at Sonic's regular run speed, you're being nudged around in very frustrating ways, and so is the camera!

Compare this to say, vanilla maps. There is always enough room for you to travel at your characters run speed without having to be touchy on the W key to move forward, and there is enough room for you to properly see the obstacles ahead of you, plan your course of action in a natural manner that keeps up the flow state.

I hope that helps you understand where that piece of criticism comes from!
So If Anything I Will Probably Take A Break From Re-Making SCZ1 Since Thats All I Really Have Been Doing, Since The Current One Is My 4th Redesign, So If Anything Im Gonna Start Working On The Other Stages For A Bit, While Also Taking Your Advice.
Post automatically merged:

"Emphasis On Probably", Yeah Im Remaking It Anyway, And This Time The Level Layout Is Also Being Altered, Along With Becoming More Open like Everybody Asked For It To Be, I Might Submit It For The Next OLDC If It Gets Done On Time.
srb20119.png

srb20118.png

Last edited:
So I Listened To The Original 10 Carbon Isles Songs Posted On My Main Channel And... They Arent The Best Quality. So I Re-Upload
d Them With Much Better Audio Quality On My Music Channel... With One Exception, Soda Facility Act 2 Has Changed From Techno Hill's Act 2 Theme, Into A Custom Chemical Plant Remix I Made! I Plan To Release Even More Songs On The Music Channel So Stay Updated On That!

srb20089.gif

im not sure what to really do with seaside coast, i just try but i dont get good results, this is like my 6th redesign of just act 1, and it still doesn't feel very vertical.
what do i do...

View attachment 85398
Carbon Isles Is Inspired By The Large Amount Of Content The Mystic Realm Mod Presented, However Its Quality Wont Be The Best Since There Is Absolutely 0% LUA Scripting, Its What You Might Call, A "Vanilla Mod"

Some Of The Levels You Can Be Expecting Are:
Seaside Coast, The Tropical Island Resort Resting On The Left Of The Carbon Island! It Starts Off Linear, But Soon Sprawls Into A Somewhat Open Playground!
View attachment 81340
Soda Facility, Eggman's Cramped, Acidic, And Trademarked "Techno Themed Base" Level. Beware Of The Acidic Mountain Dew!
View attachment 75037
Lunar Landslide, The Galactic Glacier-Like Mountain Sitting At The Base Of Another Place, Get Ready To Flip Gravity!
View attachment 75038
Perhaps Even Some Familiar Foes Might Re-Appear, And Maybe Some New Ones Too...
Due To Only Me Working On This, Do Expect Little Notifications Every Week, Especially Due To Me Having School On Weekdays.
Hey, wait a minute, isn't that first level from the OLDC? I recognize that statue part!
The progress you've made since last year is incredible, and I'm glad you found some people to help!
I'm just here for encouragement, I guess. I have no experience with anything mod-making-related with SRB2. Sorry.

Hey, wait a minute, isn't that first level from the OLDC? I recognize that statue part!
The progress you've made since last year is incredible, and I'm glad you found some people to help!
I'm just here for encouragement, I guess. I have no experience with anything mod-making-related with SRB2. Sorry.
Thanks Man, Even With A Dev Team, Development Is A Little Slow, And Im Still Not The Best At Srb2 Mapping, So Any Support Or Encouragement Is Gladly Appreciated!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back