Cannot change MAINCFG due to error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
How do I make a MAINCFG file?

Also whenever I edit the MAINCFG in my SRB2 Doom Builder this error comes up.

*Run-time error '339':
Component 'cmcs21.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly register:a file is missing or invalid*

Am I missing something?

I gave you a link to a level header page that doesn't need another program. Also, did you try looking for a way to point it to your src file?

Step one: Forget what those people are telling you, so you don't get it confused with this.

Step two: Read this cut from an MSN log.

Draykon : Look for a file named SRB2Src1094.exe or SRB2Src1094

Draykon : Double click it

Draykon : After a few seconds, several folders will appear

josh...........tu double oh seven : ok

Draykon : Then open SOCEdit, and in the box on the left, scroll down and click the folder named src

Draykon : Wait, don't just click it, double click it

Draykon : If you did it right, the folder should open in the box

Draykon : Then, SOCEdit should work perfectly

Draykon : Except for two little SOCEdit bugs, but there both mentioned on that page I linked you to

With the page I mention being http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/index.php?title=General_SOC_Information , but that's not really important.

I think some confusion may have arisen somewhere. SRB2DB doesn't use the game's source for its script editing facilities, and as far as I can see, SonicX8000 isn't using the SOC Editor.

Returning to your original problem, this is for the same reason you were getting an error during installation. You need Administrator privileges to install SRB2DB, so if you're using XP Home, a Limited User account doesn't cut the mustard. If you can't log in as an admin for whatever reason, you'll need to find some other tool to edit the header. It may be that XWE needs admin privileges too -- I don't know this, but it wouldn't surprise me. SLumpEd might work, or Lumpmod if you're happy using the command-line.

Note: I am useing SOCediter....but it won't let me put it into my WAD FILE.

I'll post a screenie just to show what I mean...

srb20005dk3.png
[/URL][/img]

WTF??? it worked??

Hmm... I think i found out the prombelm...

my old wad sonic_hardcore_X must of been cuz of the *X* being uppercase, which all letters have to be lowercase.

But for some reason if i quit,it resets, and the SOC won't stay in,how can I make the SOC stay in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back