• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(CANCELED) Sonic: Gear One

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is arguable the best levelpack I've ever played. The only thing that buggs me is your level-headers for levels you haven't made yet.

on Edge said:
The only thing that bugs me is your level-headers for levels you haven't made yet.

Indeed, I think it was a bad idea too. So yes, for next release all nonessential map headers will be removed.
Also, I'm getting rid of Emerald Tokens and Special Stages altogether. Emeralds will be found in a different sort of way.

I have bumped this topic with a NEW BETA for you all to enjoy!
LINK

Features:
-Renamed pack and levels.
-Aligned textures. It may be a bit buggy in some places, though.
-Each level now takes you to the next finished level and restarts when you've played through them all.
-Completed Grassy Ridge Zone Act 1
-Completed Pine Canyon Zone Act 1
-NEW! Grand Airship/Crumbling Base Concept
-NEW! Grand Airship Zone Act 3, completed!
-NEW! Custom textures and graphics!

And since a picture is worth a thousand words...
srb20105bx1.png

Zanyhead said:
srb20019.png

BEHOLD! THE REDWALL! (There is another one in this level too.)

Ah, that would be because that level is one of the older ones and I never bothered to fix that. Besides, I'm going to scrap it eventually and replace it with a new boss arena and boss.
Also, a reminder that OPENGL IS UNSUPPORTED and any glitches you may find with OpenGL look just fine in Software. (Missing textures don't count, though. If there are missing textures, I will fix them.)

Metal Harbor is still imcomplete... I recommend that you finish it soon so we can enjoy it or at least add a goal post so when we do coop or race in it we can finish it...
Also I noticed a forest ruins zone that you don't enter during the game but appears on map select. I went to it and saw it was a small room that was very incomplete.

lolo 56k warning

Pretty, but it's somewhat worse than before. Glitches and stuff.

What is this?

OpenGL may be unsupported but this is easily fixed.

Not sure, but is that possible to fix?

That's not water...

The lack of unpegged grass isn't important, but there's a NiGHTS emblem here.

Not sure what this is, but I've seen it in Botanic Serenity too. You try and walk through it and it stops you for a sec, but you can run or thok through it. Left shot is in OpenGL where it's notisable, right is in Software where you can't see it well but you can still feel it.

Alignment.

Now this isn't exactly a big glitch, but I went and had a little fun here.

Jump into that hole and you stay there spinning unless you face the other way. But then after being hit a couple of times, and thokking, this happened.

I'm the turret now, dog.

Re: lolo 56k warning

I'll Begin said:
Pretty, but it's somewhat worse than before. Glitches and stuff.
The first picture is a vertical texture alignment problem that I forgot to fix but works now. The second is something I did to fix a colourmap problem, but it seems to have gone a different way than I intended. It's fixed now, in any case.
It's a good thing I have you unsupported-people lying around, or I might not find these oddities. All have been fixed, hopefully.
Looks like the waterfall didn't work out perfectly. This has been fixed.
It's water now.
NiGHTS Emblems are filler for when I finally implement a gamedata into the WAD. As it stands, there are too few levels for gamedata.
All three of the weird node glitches have been fixed.
Submerged Mine does have its texture alignment problems, yes. Problems that will be fixed when I finalize it.
As I've stated, the Crumbling Factory Zone 3 is only temporary and will be replaced eventually. It all rides on when I get a certain boss SOC in so I can design the arena around it.

Oops, The very first screenshot in that post was incorrect. I meant to make shots of the glitch in the second shot in both Software and OpenGL, instead of just Software.

Also, the slowdown around there hasn't been fixed by the looks of it.

Nobody pays attention to my posts...

metalsonicmk72 said:
Metal Harbor is still imcomplete... I recommend that you finish it soon so we can enjoy it or at least add a goal post so when we do coop or race in it we can finish it...
Also I noticed a forest ruins zone that you don't enter during the game but appears on map select. I went to it and saw it was a small room that was very incomplete.

metalsonicmk72 said:
Nobody pays attention to my posts...

metalsonicmk72 said:
Oh, yes. I did put an exit in Metal Harbour since your post, but the top priority right now is finishing the main stages. Metal Harbour will remain as it lies until I can finish them all.

I'll Begin said:
Also, the slowdown around there hasn't been fixed by the looks of it.
I'll Begin, the slowdown was fixed in that release. All of the possible areas to have one-sided linedefs have them. Possibly it's all the floating platforms in the water creating the slowdown on your machine?

Funny, I've kept ignoring this on account of I was too lazy to download it. Now that I see people saying stuff like, "Woah, amazing!" and "Best level pack ever. EVER.", it has sparked my interest.

Apparently I haven't given any of the much-wanted feedback on this, so here goes nothing....

Firstly, the I have a hard time remembering the filename when adding the wad in the first place.

Grassy Ridge Zone 1:
Mmm, great flow. And while it was a bit flat in some places, it wasn't a rather large issue. However, if you'd turn your attention to the waterfalls in the open area, there's a bit of work to be done. Starting off, the waterfalls themselves are opaque. While this wouldn't be so bad normally, there just so happens to be platforms in one of them, and I can't tell which. And once I do find the right one, landing a jump onto a platform inside the waterfall is near impossible. After that, there's no way to position your camera in such a way that you have a good idea of what you're doing. Even worse, downward current lags me. Badly. Additionally, I'll Begin's second screenshot show cases some horrendous glitch I care not to describe. So, yeah, transparent water without current plzthnx.

Also, getting out of the river was pain-filled. It took me a while to figure out I could jump back out of the water onto the bank, which ment I had to go downstream, find a spring, and completely lose my sense of direction.

Pine Canyon Zone 1:
Meh, I really liked the old beggining better. Still, the new beginning has more jumps, something I can say it has on the old version. Also, the fourth ring on the last bridge before you exit the cavern was stuck, being 32 units off the ground, not the bridge.

Grand Airship Zone 1:
Too short for any significant problems to arise. However, it didn't feel enough like an airship. If you could put some windows in like the one in Act 3, that should help lotz.

And Grand Airship Zone 3 was an inventive boss level that was decorative and challenging. Not really much to say here.

So, is there going to be a Sonic: Gear Two after this?

BTW, this was to get the topic back up to th top like you wanted, Boincel.

Dude_ said:
BTW, this was to get the topic back up to th top like you wanted, Boincel.
*sweatdrop* You don't say things like that. Not to mention that for anyone who isn't using the default forum skin (such as myself), it's actually MORE noticeable.

Sorry for this delayed bump post, but I'm really hoping to see this mod continued. You've gotton this far Boinciel, so I hope you don't give this up and can it. You may now thank me for bumping the topic...*shot*

Just because nothing is happening on the topic doesn't mean it is dead. Just look at SS64. The topic died when we moved most updates and all staff disscussion to the BZ4um/TCNCforum.

Canned.

Mod canceled. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't fix what needed to be fixed, and it was dragging the whole pack down. You might see Flooded Mine Zone as a standalone in a few months, but that's all I'm able to offer. See the first post for the final beta.
And no, I won't continue this, no matter how much any of you beg. Most of this just isn't up to the standards I try to hold myself to.

While this may not have been up to your standards, it still was a great pack. I look forward to what you plan to be doing next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back