• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Can someone help me jaz this level up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I meant kind of improve the level a bit. And I know how to do this and that so please don't bug me with the wiki I just need help with improving the level.

well you could add (i haven't played it yet downloading now) water and textures that fit the design of the level you can never go to obver board with a good design.

Keep in mind that SRB2 has a start and an end. Between the start and the end, the player must accomplish certain tasks to get to a finish. Basic tasks include jumping and locating how to procede in the level, although other times they might be a bit more complicated. Such examples would be killing all of the enemies in a room, or running through a corridor that has crushers in it.

Your level seems to really be lacking some intersting tasks between you and the finish. Raising a few sections of the land so that the player has to jump onto or over them could definately add some more interesting gameplay to your level. As you get better at level designing, you'll be able to make more interesting tasks that make a better final product.

Oh, and don't forget: Making levels pretty also makes them more interesting to play, even if it doesn't actually enrich the gameplay any. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back