Brak Eggman (last boss)

aaahhhh, the original brak from the ova.... i just watched the ova for the first time like 2 days ago and the original brak and the srb2 brak are very, very different.... just realised how ugly srb2 brak is omegalul
but considering the new 2.2 spritework is PHENOMENAL im sure the art team will make brak look amazing. and also make him actually red lol
(the goofy feet makes him look less threatening though)

Since new sprites are being created for Black Eggman, I wonder if Dr. Eggman himself will be inside of it controlling it like in the Sonic OVA?

I mean, I assume that's the case regardless. You just can't see inside the machine, much like the Death Egg Robot. It's a mech, not an Eggmobile attachment

Pfft, chill out, chill out! ERZ hasn't been changed any since 2.1 [well aside from a re-render], but I expect things to be altered a huge amount in the next version. You should try fighting 2.0 brak if you think this version is bad, ehhheheheheh

Spriting something as massive as brak takes serious time, though, and the focus for 2.2 wasn't even meant to extend to RVZ so I'm not surprised his sprites were left the as renders. I agree that brak is pretty cursed, but juuuust wait and see, alright!?
Excuse me, but how dare you say Legacy Brak is bad!
I'm offended and am now cancelling you on Twitter

Brak Eggman (last boss) is ugly and looks like a cheap sprite rip from some other game. It doesn't fit at all with the rest of the sprite work in the game, he doesn't have enough walking sprites for a decent animation, and overall the whole fight feels like a placeholder when compared to the quality of the rest of the game.

So is a better boss and stage in the works or is this massive disapointment gonna really be the end of the game?
First, The "Sprite Rip" Is Rather Just Pre Rendered Sprites That Derived From The 3D Model, Second, It is A Placeholder Final Boss Until DCZ (Dark City Zone) Is Fully Made, And Third, Due To Him Being Just A Placeholder, I Do Have Hope For A TRUE Final Boss

BONUS: In The Somewhat Recent 2.2.7 Patch, His Sprites Were Updated To Not Look So Muddy And Odd
Some Examples Are:
BRAKA03.png

BRAKL03.png

BRAKN03.png

I found a SRB2 rumor that Brak Eggman was gonna have moves based on OVA + with a cape.Of course it was false,since no one said that true.

I found a SRB2 rumor that Brak Eggman was gonna have moves based on OVA + with a cape.Of course it was false,since no one said that true.
That Rumor Is True, Albiet Missing The Cape.
There Is An Unused Boss Called Brak Eggman (Old), It Uses Cannonballs From Castle Eggman, Grabbable Rockets Like In Dark City, And Glue Just Like The OVA.

Old Brak was originally used in Egg Rock 3 before metal sonic existed. But his OVA connection was once suppose to be even closer with him being in Dark City act one where he could chase you around. A dev version of this level exists too.

Old Brak was originally used in Egg Rock 3 before metal sonic existed. But his OVA connection was once suppose to be even closer with him being in Dark City act one where he could chase you around. A dev version of this level exists too.
That Actually Sounds Cool, Is There A Way I Can Check It Out?

Yes, the Dev level exists in SRB2 the Past, however it's in a pre-brakeggman state.
Btw,someone is making Dark City from 2.0 era, the same level you ported into SRB2TP.
Albeit Brak Eggman isnt in it. :(

When I saw brak for the first time
He seemed like a normal boss to me.

But then...

At first it seemed to me that his gait was familiar

Then it seemed to me that his familiar sound of rockets

And in the end.

This is Cyberdemon from doom!

2.0 had cannonballs and the glue gun as his attacks, and you fought him by making him hit himself, in the second phase you finish him off by riding his rocket and firing it back into him.
Not the best execution, but it's not horrible if you're good at it. The thing is you can't expect people to have that kind of skill, the controls for that aren't very good either.

Anyway, 2.2 brak boss is easy lol, literally just constantly be moving and none of his moves should hit you. The strategy should be to hit and then run, or rather, land a hit -- disengage -- then re-engage when the invincibility frames run out. It's like fear of danger vs the actual danger.

I somehow found an alternative way of hitting 2.0 Brak.No,not with the use of rockets. Im not gonna say it,though,because you could figure it out by yourself.

But nonetheless, Brak Eggman is likely to be the boss fight of Dark City Zone in future versions, perhaps possibly set in some sort of arena in the city considering how Brak Eggman now happens to be.

City sewers maybe. If you think about it, that green water in Eggrock could be Sewer water in Dark City.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back