• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Botanic Serenity Version 2 in 0 days! UPDATE: 9/16/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
That big thok barrier in the middle of the level, I know it has to be to either help remove lag, or to help avoid those annoying HOMs, but couldn't you give a GFZROCK to not make it look weird? You've got your beautiful scenery all around, but some kind of space-time mirror in the middle.
BlueZero4 said:
Actually, I think it looks fine in the middle. I don't know about you, but a big wall of GFZROCk seems kinda out of place. :/
bszv2_3.png

Waterfalls. How's that?

Heck, we could probably make the level more dream-like if the one-sided linedef columns were all waterfalls and they were all over the place. I hope I can fit them in the level, somehow.

Make it GFZ grass with translucent water all over it... It all depends on how dreamy you want to go... You could put translucent waterfalls over the sky allover... The only problem would be, of course, opengl which is kinda weird with waterfalls...

You can merge all of the real columns, but the 3D blocks count as decoration. You can't merge all those as one sector because some columns will be surrounded by different types of sectors. The 3D blocks have to adhere to that, so you can't merge them all. At average, I'd say about seven more FOFs would be required.

Also, adding the waterfall 3D blocks would require twice as many linedefs as simple columns, and linedefs do contribute to a slower framerate.

Titanium said:
I personally would like to have BSZv2's item placement well-suited for "Score Attacking", as much of the original NiGHTS's level designs and object placement were designed with score attacking in mind. However, you might have a little trouble doing this due to the large size of each mare, as much of score attacking consists of making multiple laps for getting big links, and just plain racking the score up in general. However, throwing in a lot of content in each mare could be the solution I guess.
srb20008.png

Okay, so it was the secret level. But it's still part of BSZ, right?

Chaos said:
The secret level is an entirely different map.

No it's not, it's just got a different route the player travels through, the level itself is exactly the same. :P

The "route"? The entire NiGHTS thingitem placement changes, as well as the emeralds are removed.

While yes, there's emblems, those aren't configured in the map editor. ;D

What the hell Aled. Not only do you PM Digiku about this, but THE MUSIC IS CLEARLY STRAIGHT FROM NiGHTS INTO DREAMS!

I'll Begin said:
What the hell Aled. Not only do you PM Digiku about this, but THE MUSIC IS CLEARLY STRAIGHT FROM NiGHTS INTO DREAMS!

Since when was that clear to all of us?

Aled and I don't even have NiGHTS Into Dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back