Bosses when in simple mode

playing in simple mode was cool but the problem is the bosses , I wish there was only a separate option that would automatically target bosses or enemies without getting strafe or turn

That's it

playing in simple mode was cool but the problem is the bosses , I wish there was only a separate option that would automatically target bosses or enemies without getting strafe or turn

That's it
Interesting. You're saying you want the camera to focus on the boss without your character facing them when you lock on to them?

Hmm, I've never had much trouble and always liked that my character faced the boss so I could strafe around and aim my Thok easily.

Why would you want to turn away if you're locked on?

Interesting. You're saying you want the camera to focus on the boss without your character facing them when you lock on to them?

Hmm, I've never had much trouble and always liked that my character faced the boss so I could strafe around and aim my Thok easily.

I had a lot of problems the first time I played the game with the simple
Post automatically merged:

actually I want it to look like in Sonic adventure when it's going to face the bosses, then the camera is centered on the boss

actually I want it to look like in Sonic adventure when it's going to face the bosses, then the camera is centered on the boss, that way it's better because you don't need to take more steps to adjust the camera

Last edited:
I had a lot of problems the first time I played the game with the simple
Well the game does indeed have a steeper learning curve than other 3D Sonic games. I didn't even KNOW you could lock on when I first played the game. It just takes alot of practice.

I also play on Simple mode with a controller. But over time I got the hang of it. Moving the camera and moving your character in a platformer with an FPS sense just takes time from my experience. I eventually learned to do all the bosses without getting hit before I learned I could lock on to them.

Locking on without strafing could help in some ways, but then aiming your attacks might be more challenging if you're using Thok since it will rely on your characters facing position.

Well the game does indeed have a steeper learning curve than other 3D Sonic games. I didn't even KNOW you could lock on when I first played the game. It just takes alot of practice.

I also play on Simple mode with a controller. But over time I got the hang of it. Moving the camera and moving your character in a platformer with an FPS sense just takes time from my experience. I eventually learned to do all the bosses without getting hit before I learned I could lock on to them.

Locking on without strafing could help in some ways, but then aiming your attacks might be more challenging if you're using Thok since it will rely on your characters facing position.
For me if the camera is centered on the boss, it's good for new people or people who don't know much about Sonic in 3d, a friend of mine called Victor played the game and it took too long to finish the boss of techno hill because of the camera

For me if the camera is centered on the boss, it's good for new people or people who don't know much about Sonic in 3d, a friend of mine called Victor played the game and it took too long to finish the boss of techno hill because of the camera
That Fight was definitely tough for me my first time 🤣 I eventually learned he always has a dedicated circular path and would just wait for him.

And Oh yeah it would certainly help new players with the game get the hang of the early boss fights.

It's just that the later bosses like Fang, and Metal Sonic move in such ways that you would probably get some kind of whiplash with the camera zipping all over you with how quickly they jump/fly around and attack. I guess they could make the camera always unlock at those moments, but there are also bosses like Eggman in Deep Sea Zone that would defeat the purpose if the camera always locked onto him, since you are supposed to hit the "real" one among his fakes.

If you're coming in from other 3D Sonic games it can be hard to break the habit in expecting the controls and camera to work like a 3D Sonic game. I get it, it's Sonic, in a 3D space, it's always done it this way, but having and learning to manage full control over the camera I think is key to improving control over the game.

I learned the hard way originally because I set my controller buttons in a way that made camera control more difficult (like having A as jump or B to spin), when really you gotta keep those on the shoulder buttons to always have camera control like a Third person or First person game. Once I had it like that it was ALOT easier to improve.

It definitely just takes time before it all "clicks", at least that how it went for me. Hope your friend wasn't too discouraged, it does get better with time.

If they somehow found a way to implement it would be neat, though I probably wouldn't use it personally.

Assuming you’re playing with a mouse and keyboard, don’t use Simple mode. Simple mode is designed for use with controllers

Because it would look cool

Assuming you’re playing with a mouse and keyboard, don’t use Simple mode. Simple mode is designed for use with controllers
I will ignore your advice and proceed to do the opposite of what you just said

• Cool!
Reactions: Lan

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back