Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. :P Sorry about the typo Chrispy, I can't figure out why I keep doing that.

DAAAH, I had to use imageshack this time, because Photobucket is down for maintenance. D:
q4nn2.gif
q5ff2.gif

The head movement is finished on the rest of the angles, but I still don't know about the back frames. :/
r3om3.gif
r4ft3.gif

The rest of the running sprites that are supposed to bob up and down do, now. The side and front-diagonal ones don't, last I checked, and it makes them look weird anyway.
blaz3aa7rv6.png

Some progress on her falling sprite, and this is the closest I could get to her SR falling pose. What do you guys think?
Also, I do have more sprites done, I'm just too lazy to convert them to PNG and upload 'em right now. :P Will do that once Photobucket is back up. >_>

Just make the file extension png and upload it. That's how I convert most of my avatars. =P

You can actually do that? I need to remember that later. :P
Will edit the pickup frames and hurt sprites into this post as soon.

Even though you can post after my post which I posted now after your post replying to my post. =P

Violo said:
Even though you can post after my post which I posted now after your post replying to my post. =P
Head...hurts.
Anyway, I realy like the look of this wad Dr.Pepper, Im just wondering though, will the jumping frames be the normal "Ball jump" or will it be in the Sonic rush "Spinning jump" style?

super said:
Anyway, I realy like the look of this wad Dr.Pepper, Im just wondering though, will the jumping frames be the normal "Ball jump" or will it be in the Sonic rush "Spinning jump" style?
Blaze will have the spin jump like she had in Sonic Rush. (The currently released WAD also does this too.) Having her spin into a ball wouldn't make much sense. I actually tried that months ago, it looked really weird. :P
Anyway, I got her first spring-up frame done. What do you guys think?
BLAZP1.png

Her hurt frames are done, although I might make her head tilt back later.
11.png
12.png
13.png
14.png
15.png

The tails pickup frames:
21.png
22.png
23.png
24.png
25.png

All that's left to do now are the bubble-breath frames, the rest of the spring-up sprites, falling, spinning, and tipping. The rest of the work from there will just be refining what I already have. I have to go to bed right now, though. :P

Dr.Pepper said:

The side and back-horizontal animations have her kicking her legs painfully high.
I do realize this is based off Sonic's run animations. (they look physically impossible in the first place)

Her heels seem to dissapear on some angles as well, not sure if that was intentional.

Great work so far! You're quite dedicated.

Her tail looks odd in the hurt frames. It should extend behind her and out a bit instead of just hanging there. Also the tail needs to bob somewhat in the running frames, it looks like some kind of blue stick jammed into her back. Maybe it should sway back and forth ever so slightly so as not to be in the way of the foot.

rocky said:
IWANT TO SEE THE BUBBLE PICKUP SPRITE PLEASE

Rude much?

Anyways, these are pritty good Dr. P. The shading is good, though it's a little odd. Also, in her hurt frames, her hair braids, and her tails should spike upwards more like she's bristling her fur. She looks like she's a little TOO calm after being hurt. XD

Chrispy said:
Use the upward facing angle of the head for the hurt frames.
That's a good idea, and it worked out for the better. :P I might need to shrink her pupils though.
BLAZ1.png

JEV3 said:
Her tail looks odd in the hurt frames. It should extend behind her and out a bit instead of just hanging there.
Is this better? (Once I get the spring up frames done for the rest of the angles, I'll put their heads in the place of the current ones as well.)
BLAZ2.png
BLAZ3.png
BLAZ4.png
BLAZ5.png

JEV3 said:
Also the tail needs to bob somewhat in the running frames, it looks like some kind of blue stick jammed into her back. Maybe it should sway back and forth ever so slightly so as not to be in the way of the foot.
I see what you mean, how's this?
Q2-1.gif
Q3-1.gif
Q4.gif

Do you mind if I suggest something about the running?

Can you make her have her hands out instead of running like SRBsonic
I see how far you've gotten into the running and I don't want to ruin it, but can you. You don't have to... just a little suggestion.

Thompson said:
Do you mind if I suggest something about the running?

Can you make her have her hands out instead of running like SRBsonic
I see how far you've gotten into the running and I don't want to ruin it, but can you. You don't have to... just a little suggestion.
Do you mean have her run like SonicRE? I don't know, it's something to think on, seeing as I can't make her run exactly the way she does in Sonic Rush anyway. :P (Because SRB2 only gives me four frames for running instead of eight. I wouldn't have had so many problems with ShadowRE's running animations if it were otherwise.)

I don't like the idea of making her run like SonicRE. Give her a little personality, make her different. That's what makes a good WAD. If they all look the same there's no point in downloading them!

Chrispy said:
I don't like the idea of making her run like SonicRE. Give her a little personality, make her different. That's what makes a good WAD. If they all look the same there's no point in downloading them!
That's why I said I'd think on it. :P So yeah, I'm pretty sure I won't be doing it. I can't imagine Blaze running like Sonic anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back