Anyone know what this is?

Chad

I was looking around Castle Eggman 2 and found this. Anyone have an explanation (this was found in the web version, v2.2.4)?

e.png

Post automatically merged:

It definitely wasn't accessible without devmode (you need noclip and god). Here's a screenshot of the map to better help people find it.

map.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... IDK. Looks like a haunted castle. I wonder how I never saw this. 🤔
I don"t know, either. I've been through the zone multiple times before. Maybe it was because I was strictly looking for hidden stuff, in fact, I did find a bunch of other stuff I may post about later.
Post automatically merged:

It's not in the current PC version?

Also it does look like Hang Castle
It kind of does. Maybe it was an easter egg to Sonic Heroes.

Maybe it's the new easter egg 2.2.9 added. Maybe it's now accessible normally in 2.2.9, but I'm not sure.

Its the testing area for the skybox, You can find it in Castle Eggman 1 as well. In the 2.1 version of cez1 you can even find the rotating storm test room out of bounds.

"testing area" is sorta inaccurate in this case. That's literally just the level geometry for the skybox, lol.

Excuse me but isn't Robo Blast 2 based off the Doom Legacy engine? Because Source is derivated from Quake.
Yes, SRB2 is running on a heavily modified version of the Doom engine. Comparing to old Valve games, it would go something like this:
Doom > SRB2
Doom > Quake > GoldSrc > Source

Yes, SRB2 is running on a heavily modified version of the Doom engine. Comparing to old Valve games, it would go something like this:
Doom > SRB2
Doom > Quake > GoldSrc > Source
Aaaaaand I just learned that Source Engine is a derivative of the Doom Engine

In case you wanted to look up for secrets or easter eggs more practically, loading the map file into Zone Builder its the best and most practical way to do it. Once you know the basic controls for moving yourself around the whole map plane, you can go anywhere and change anything from the maps. I'ts way better than doing it ingame with god, devmode's map, and noclip.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back