Annoying habit on the MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah your server has been unreachable for the past few days or so. It's weird too, it shows up on the master server, but when you try to join the game it freezes SRB2 unless you press Escape. Getting the server details from here indicates that the same exact players have been playing for the past few days. Might be a bug with the masterserver, or your server crashed unexpectedly and never got a chance to unregister from the masterserver. Either way, you should re-host if you want.

Oh I seen that MagiX guy.

He was not like that the last time I seen him he was not saying this server boring or anything.

Unless I was not listening or something.

Other then that I do enjoy being at your server even if its bad on control lag. I see some of my friends so I like the server a lot.
Magix is lagging like hell and goes up to 800 or 900 ping :/ which makes people leave my server.

Yeah your server has been unreachable for the past few days or so. It's weird too, it shows up on the master server, but when you try to join the game it freezes SRB2 unless you press Escape. Getting the server details from here indicates that the same exact players have been playing for the past few days. Might be a bug with the masterserver, or your server crashed unexpectedly and never got a chance to unregister from the masterserver. Either way, you should re-host if you want.
Probably a dedicated server issue.

Rebooting the server every so often (when nobody's playing, so do this manually!) might be a good idea.

Just remember to write an adedserv.cfg file.

Is it working now?

As I am on holiday in the USA for 4 weeks (actually one week is already over), I will appoint a 2nd admin. Whoever here is most trustworthy? Who knows. I'll accept applications via PM ;)

I'm terribly sorry for any problems that might have interrupted your gameplay on the best CTF server around (YEAH) :(

EDIT: ALSO, I would like to include some nice CTF maps made by the community into the server. Any pointers on how to actually include these with the standard SRB2 CTF maps would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
ALSO, I would like to include some nice CTF maps made by the community into the server. Any pointers on how to actually include these with the standard SRB2 CTF maps would be greatly appreciated!

First, make sure you can either - support direct downloads from the server without lagging the game, or disable said downloads if the maps can easily be found on this forum. (The latter might help deter some of the more... annoying types.)

Then, use the addfile command. And remember the .wad extension. Put the wads in the same folder as SRB2 - this is easier. If you decide to put them in a subfolder, SRB2 assumes pathnames up to it's own root, so WADs in the Downloads folder of the SRB2 folder are written as "Download\*wadname*.wad"

Of course, if the files are somewhere down far away, and forgot to take the left turn in Albuquerque like a certain rabbit, write the full path.

Don't put the addfile command into the adedserv.cfg, as that's kind of annoying to remove if you decide to host vanilla. Just remember to add them. (Or do. It's up to you.)

Last edited:
I would like to suggest you CTF maps from this contest (May/June 2011). They're all pretty good. And I hope that minimum noobs have it.

First, make sure you can either - support direct downloads from the server without lagging the game, or disable said downloads if the maps can easily be found on this forum. (The latter might help deter some of the more... annoying types.)

SRB2's poor netcode makes this rather difficult to do, and unfortunately it still doesn't support downloadurl so you can supply a web server URL for it. :<

The server has an upstream of 400KB/s (not kbit, I mean real kilobytes). If the maps aren't too big, and I can limit the DL rate to something feasible, then it should be no problem. The best thing would be if I can make a message pop up that says "Go to http://blah.dongs/wads.zip for all WADs required for this server!". Is that possible?

Also, Will these maps be automatically added to the stock CTF maps and do not require separate MAP regions?

A downloadurl feature would be kind of neat. I could put all the downloading onto another webserver to keep that line from being cluttered.

That's a good idea, Cue. ;) (let's make the the devs actually implement that :D)

Cheers!

It's been suggested time and time again, nobody actually did it though.

400KB/s or not, ever wonder why sv_downloadurl is used on Gmod and the likes over in-game downloading? It's not because of a poor pipe, it's because otherwise the game is serving files when it could be doing other things. You'd be surprised really.

wtfisthisshit.png

Please, why is SRB2's netcode so... UGHGHAGUAGAGHNIREN

Someone comes in, causes some huge lag, and everybody gets dropped? :(

The host definitely needs a shorter timeout as to be able to kick the lagging node and get back to the others before they give up.

Quick update about some business.

server was down for half a day or so. I was testing new srb2 builds with Alam. If they worked then I could have easily hosted the contest pack.

with the stock SRB2 build it works perfectly fast but the download just hangs somewhere. I get a good 90KB/s from here when downloading a file and it just stops randomly inbetween and hangs unitl I press escape. The new builds alam has provided me supposedly will practically make this event not occur, however they crash on the server. Alam is aware of this issue since someone here has the exact same errors. I hope it gets fixed.

tl;dr the server is back to vanilla 2.0.6...

Cheers!

When will your server be up again? I'm loosing interest in other servers these days...

Actually it was up. Either it crashed or Alam did something (I gave him VNC access to test new builds).

Anyways, I started it again.

Happy fragging :)

Great, now when will someone join your server will just crash. In the loading screen, everytime it reaches the 28kb of $$$.sav will immediately crash with SIGSEGV. You'd better restart the server if you want the people to play here.

SORRY I WAS ASLEEP WHILE YOU POSTED

OK that sucks because... this is the new Alam build we thought was working now. Time to revert... AGAIN.

In other news, welcome the third Admin: SteelTH!

Last edited:
Actually, something happened on your server as you can see. I wanted to change team and I've got Timeout for no reason. When I wanted to come back to your server, it was unreachable. :/

PS: And that PM I sent you, that was obviously a joke. ~_^

FUCKING HELL I'M SORRY FOR THIS OUTBURST OF EXTREME ANGER BUT THIS SUCKS WHY CAN'T SRB2 KEEP AN UPTIME OF A DAY WHILE ALL OTHER GAMESERVERS DIDN'T CRASH IN 75 DAYS AAAA

Now that that's out, yeah, it's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back