Anime Discussion Thread

I like both NGE and Gundam- they both hit serious themes, one about personal trauma and the other about the burden of war. I think it's worth watching both, I find it fun to find comparisons and hey, if you know both getting into crossover series will be easier, haha! Granted... I only read Wing years ago and I recently saw G Gundam, which is a really fun tournament style series compared to the serious battles in the other series.
I can relate to that point on Jojo and the classic animation styles too... They had a really nice charm to them! Ripple could really have been expanded on too, it saw a lot of creative use in Parts 2 & 3, and would have been cool to see it again. Part 5 could have had a Zeppili and it'd have fit well!

And heck yeah to watching Hokuto no Ken! Both the movie and the series are classic, it inspired a ton of things including one of my own favorite characters. Parasyte is apparently really good too, but I have yet to see it. The opening theme is a banger, but that can be said of pretty much all the series in this thread as is!
My only gripe is that everyone is talking about NGE...

Macross is also great (not Robotech, the original japanese series).

I also love Gundam Wings' opening and mecha design.

For Jojo I have a huge soft spot for Phantom Blood and I wish I could ever see the 2007 movie once in my life.

Just wait Part 7 to get its adaptation to see the Spin, which is like an alternate ripple.

PS: I also watched Berserk, both the 3 2012 OVAs and the '97 series (I don't want to watch the 2016 one but I'd love to read the mangas).

My only gripe is that everyone is talking about NGE...
Yeah, NGE fans can be pretty annoying, myself included. I think the ones who keep talking about NGE everywhere and all the time do so because they think it's a marvelous anime and they relate a lot to Shinji (at least these are my reasons). It's kinda weird, but when I talk about NGE I'm talking about myself too. I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way, my closest friends also think like that and I've heard some people on the internet saying this too. NGE is an anime that hits hard and deep in some cases to some people, and these are the ones who keep talking about it.

The only Anime i really watched for a time was the first and second season of danganranpa(been so long i forogt how to spell the name)

What do you mean by that?

It looks great, I didn't know about this one (I've mostly watched Macross, Gundam and Space Battleship Yamato).
I'll check it out asap.

Black Jack! The show is bad but in a funny way.
Which anime?

Pokemon, Dragon Ball (the OG, Z, Gt, Kai and Super), Naruto (OG, Shipudden and Boruto), Sonic X and Kirby Right Back at Ya

Last edited:
In the link I added
You meant the 2004 series! I also remember that there was an Astro Boy one being made roughly around this one (I feel like the 00's got a revival of Tezuka's most famous stories). There was even a PS2 game made by Sega and GBA by Treasure.

Pokemon, Dragon Ball (the OG, Z, Gt, Kai and Super), Sonic X abd Kirby Right Back at Ya
Which season of Pokémon?

Also my small gripe about DB is that they have become too much about powerscaling and GT is considered among the worst...

I tried watching this, but I dropped. It isn't bad or anything like that, it's just that I'm too lazy, but it's on my list to watch eventually

You meant the 2004 series! I also remember that there was an Astro Boy one being made roughly around this one (I feel like the 00's got a revival of Tezuka's most famous stories). There was even a PS2 game made by Sega and GBA by Treasure.

Which season of Pokémon?

Also my small gripe about DB is that they have become too much about powerscaling and GT is considered among the worst...
Answer: All pokemon seasons till journeys, mostly Indigo league.
xtra note: at least we had Super Saiyan 4

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back