• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

AmyR Remake WIP (Beta WAD Available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
It looks like all you did was change the pallette a little.

No i changed her from bubblegum pink to try to make her, her normal pinkish purplish color that was what I was trying to point out Nitro.

EDIT: Is that a bad thing, I personally think it makes her look better, what do you say?

It looks horrid in my opinion. Here's what needs to be done in my opinion:
amyr2charnf7-1.png

With this version,
-Change the eyes back to how Nitro made them and put the eyeliner back the way it was.

And will people please stop trying to make major, unessesary changes to the picture? It is really annoying.

EDIT: Remember, this is what we're aiming for:
amymain.jpg

Daredevil said:
Okay, I downloaded the WAD. I noticed a few flaws:

- Running frames are just weird.
- Walking frames, use the ones displayed earlier in the topic
- Jumping frames, why is everyone so hyped about editing gasping frames to make jumping ones? Honestly, she doesn't look like she's jumping at all.
- Hammer, get rid of it.
- In your last post, you had spinning frames. Use spin for Amy. Seriously. Amy has sucked since she lost the ability to spin.
You should have actually took the time to read this topic and then told us what you think of the ALPHA wad! I just made it to 'fix' the AmyR WAD so everybody would have a better looking Amy WAD to play while the final version is in the works. Thanks to nitro's and zck2020's help, the final version shouldn't take much longer to finish.
Monster Iestyn said:
Don't forget my Classic Amy!
How much more progress have you made on that since the front walking frames you posted, btw? Just curious, don't shoot me. :P
Shadic_the_Human said:
i couldn't use photo bucket because I kept getting errors -_-
Try not uploading bitmaps, their huge and it would convert them to useless jpg files anyway. Use PNG for Cream's sake! Lots of people are still stuck with using 24/56k modems. If photobucket is still giving you problems, try using imageshack.
Last EDIT:
amyr2charnf7-2.png

I don't know what I was thinking about the eyes or the lines around them. I used to be a big Amy fan...until Blaze made her debut on SR, so it's been a while since I actually looked at Amy in detail. :P I should have looked at pics of Amy for reference, I have no excuse.

Dr.Pepper said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Don't forget my Classic Amy!
How much more progress have you made on that since the front walking frames you posted, btw? Just curious, don't shoot me. :P

Recently I've just finished the back walking frames. I posted them in my topic where anyone can post their artwork.

The sprites themselves look okay, but the pillow-like shading makes her look rather awkward when you play as her. The current AmyR, while a little messy looking, at least fits the graphic style of the game. Also, I'm not really found of her shade of pink; perhaps use a bit of the purple colors along with light red and Doom-pink? If you gave her the current AmyR's color, and made the shading more SRB2-like, then this would be perfect.

I think she looks fine..
Although maybe the pillow shaded hands could use a bit of work..

Her own head seems rather pillow-like too. And about the color, lets compare Amy.wad, AmyR, AmyRE, and an ingame pic of Amy from SADX(I showed the back sprites since they show more of the pink colors):

amyjg2.png

dxscreen002tk4.jpg

Compared to the SADX of Amy, AmyRE's pink is not as vivid, and looks more like a light red with a slight yellow tint than pink. "Purple," on the other hand, seems a little closer to SA Amy Pink, and is much more vivid otherwise. While trying to shade things using only 5 purples is a bit of a pain, you could at least try to add light red or pink to the lighter areas like Donnyku's Amy(aka cross dressing Sonic). Lastly, brighten up her dress a little; her dress is a bit dark red at the moment.

If you just fixed the pillow shading on her, and used the 5 purple colors(the lightest of the purples should be her primary color),along with some lighter reds and pinks without looking messy, then things would look much nicer. Also, I believe Amy's hue started looking a slight bit more purple as the new series went on, so a Sonic Heroes comparison would probably be even closer to the older Amy's colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back