Alt SSN Sonic

Alt SSN Sonic 1.0

JanYT5!

Some SRB2 modder
JanYT5! submitted a new resource:

Alt SSN Sonic - An Alternative SSN Sonic!

SSN Sonic is back in SRB2! This time he has new things up his sleeve.

Jump Boost
Just after your regular thok, hold jump and then you'll be charging the jump boost! Release jump to also release the jump boost.
View attachment 56846

Be careful however, you can overcharge it!
View attachment 56847

Stop-Dash
Press spin anytime on the ground to do a stop-dash! You will start charging a spindash and you lose all of your momentum, use this to retain...

Read more about this resource...

This plays very good, but theres a lot of problems for me that need more ALTing (ok I'm sorry...)

- The Jump boost is a fun ability to mess around with, and it does what it does, gives you a boost. But then after you perform it and interact with something (like a tree), will cause him to just get stuck and so stiff you cannot control him, the jump boost also needs a small nerf. I like how high he goes at first, but I think he needs to reach a little realism.

- The Stop Dash is... bad... I love how he auto revs up one after landing curled, but theres other things that are wrong that ruins the SSNAlt experience.
1. Sometimes performing the Stop dash leads to this:
srb20053.gif

2. Letting go too early makes you go super slow, sometimes tapping spin while in dash mode will completely make your dash mode and height vanish
3. It feels clumpy and weird to get down, he quickly slows down unlike Bandages when you have free control of the spindash and Alt/Crystal Sonic where he instantly stops and charges it up, basically what I'm saying is the stop dash feels like in the middle of both of these and in a bad way.
4. If you want a character that helps players speedrun, his spindash starting point shouldn't be this low, this gives me so much problems when I'm trying to keep my momentum
srb20057.gif

5. The fact that he doesn't uncurl after spin dashing makes SSNAlt harder to control, as you would most likly be forced to be rely on the thok/jump boost.

This is a great character, and your ideas are amazing. I just think you need more work on him, please pay more attention to the stop-dash. But I mean hey, even after all this complaining theres one thing you allowed me to see on a daily basis... The best ssn sprite to exist: The Fall Sprites! So I'm really grateful for that.

Ill never understand the love for the legacy and SSN Sonic stuff
I get nostalgia reasons but the spriting of the old style SRB2 is really not great compared to what it is currently

The best ssn sprite to exist: The Fall Sprites!
Death sprite smh
Post automatically merged:

Ill never understand the love for the legacy and SSN Sonic stuff
I get nostalgia reasons but the spriting of the old style SRB2 is really not great compared to what it is currently
Some people (like myself) prefer SSN Sonic's spriting to 2.2's, my reason is because he looks more unique than 2.2 sonic

If you thok onto a spring and charge the Jump Boost, you charge it while still in the spring state. Is this supposed to happen?

In Action:
srb20112.gif

really fun mod, speedrun material. maybe add a stomp move since sometimes you get really high into the air with the jump boost

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back