Advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuriyuu

Hey, I'm new here and I'd like to ask for some advise on the final special stage. I can only get about 200 rings; is there any tips you can give me?

If you aren't a cheater, however, I'd suggest trying to use the strafe key, and memorizing the layout. With strafe key usage, it's possible to beat it with over a minute on the clock.

Also, try to get good with picking up the squares of rings in a 3x3 pattern. If you can get all 9 rings quickly, you'll be much better at it.

When you pick up more than one ring per second as average, you can be safe (at least at the first bonuses).

Here's what I do:

First, run through the ring squares in the starting room. And yes, I do mean run through them. I don't waste time trying to pick up every ring, I just circle around each square picking up as many rings as I can in one go (Generally, there are only about 2 to 3 rings left). Next, look for the blue neon hallway that's slightly elevated above the ground, and grab the rings in there. Once you're there, jump from the hallway onto the green square and do the "square skim" trick. Now, head into the hallway directly in front of you and run along the rows of rings (I don't travel any farther into the hallway than that). Now, head into one of the neon hallways on either side of the room. When you enter the hallway, look around for the green room, and grab the rings in there. Next, head to the adjacent hallway and look for the green room in there (It should be on the opposite side of the hallway). Now, from there, head for the springs on the other side of the room, and try to grab as many rings as you can in midair. Run along the edges of the room and grab the rings, while carefully thoking past the spikeballs. Once the edge of the room has been cleared of goodies, head for the blocks in the center. Don't run around in circles grabbing rings, but run and jump from block to block, grabbing the rings in straight lines (No, I'm not a neat freak). Now, the next part is pretty confusing, but you'll have to enter one of those blue hallways you came from, only two sets of hallways lead further. If you wind up where you came from, just head back and take the hallway on the opposite side and continue. Notice the rows of blocks set up like a staircase? Get to the uppermost block and thok to the large green pillar (Assuming you're playing as Sonic, otherwise this whole strategy may differ), and collect your prize, then procede to continue towards the next hallway (Which, of course, is not the same hallway you came from, silly). As you'll practically be done by now, the rest really doesn't need any further explaination. If you wind up back at the beginning and still need a few rings, there should be plenty of extras lying around.

Heh, I just realized how futile it is to write a strategy for a special stage, especially when you probably don't know the stage like the back of your hand... Ah well, keep trying. XP You know, I really SHOULD right a strategy guide for this game...

You know I don't have time for that. Nor do I have the will or the patience. =/

Heckfire's the one where you're underground sorrounded by lava and have to hop platform to platform, right?
I cleared that.
It's called Tails.

Yeah, but that takes away virtually ONE HUNDRED PRECENT of the challenge =P

Personally, I'm pleased that my WAD is so well known... That, plus it caused a lot of controversy, make me really happy to have created it ^_^

Yeah, you made some wad, there, Omega. I don't see what's so controversal, though. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back