Tatsuru...you've
just misinterpreted his message
TWICE. First you misread it entirely, immediately jumping to the conclusion some rando's statement must be "fact", and
insist I
must be planning out rule-breaking when I was
crystal clear about abiding with the new update's demands.
Then when you had to owe up to your mistake, you STILL double down on the accusation anyway because there'd be "
no other explanation"? How
low do you think of me?
...yes, we implied we disagreed with the content ban. However, I
also stated we'd act neutrally here in public. I feel I've done well enough by staff in simply linking their official accusations only and refraining from publicly escalating here. Acting like we feel that's the whole truth steps far out of that "neutral" zone. We've been showing
goodwill by abiding with something we're not on the same page on. And yes, I
needed to make that statement
why our update was removed. People got confused for hours why it was gone, and whoever
did felt no desire to make one. I couldn't just randomly post a downgrade explaining
nothing.
Still, it doesn't mean I just accept this either. Staff should be well aware this is about FAR more than
v1.9's spindash frames. The ones who were in TAG 2 years ago should've known the
actual reasons things escalated to a content ban too.
But it'd be reckless to clog our public thread with graphic evidence and sensitive details unrelated to SA-Sonic. So instead, let's talk this out like adults. In private.
What I propose is:
When I'm ready, I'll shoot staff Discord DMs inviting them to a group conversation. There, I'll lay everything on the table in an easily digestible way that can't be misinterpreted so easily. I will answer your questions, and you can answer mine as well. We'll clear this up in 1 or 2 days tops, apologize to each other for any misunderstandings and distrust, then evaluate where we stand then.
Not only staff I happen to DM would be "allowed". Feel free to bring any staff you'd trust with sensitive topics. In return, I'll be allowed to bring in people directly impacted by this whole shtick. If I can't prove a relation, you can object to their presence. And if you demand Icezer not show
at all, that's totally fine by me! She was
barely all that relevant anyhow...
If this sounds fair, let's wait until that conversation's been had. I'll freeze all mod releases until then, besides
v1.9b. That way I can't "
secretly shove in uncredited Phanto work" or whatever those trigger fingers are itching for. No rush.
For non-staff:
Sorry for keeping you all in the dark! The discussion date will take a while, so please have patience and
allow us our talk with staff. Regardless of what you believe, please do not use the thread to attack either staff or us. Even if you
think you're knowledgeable! Ideally, this thread should be about SA-Sonic, not become a battlefield over moderation decisions.
We'd want to keep Adventure Sonic going, so we'll do our best to handle this civilly! If something's fair to clear up publicly, I'm sure staff will agree to transparency anyhow.