Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

To do that, you'll need to have loaded the rushchars addon, and then, while playing with sa sonic, type in the console "sanoquakes surfboarder" and it'll spawn near you.
Y'all exclusively using that debug function? What, is Marine that scary to approach?
682351160702664809.webp

I don't know how fixable this is actually, but thought i'd bring it up.
I'll skip on that one. It's a rare vanilla bug, plus it's one of those issues where the type of fix used will definitely cause other new issues.

Y'all exclusively using that debug function? What, is Marine that scary to approach?
682351160702664809.webp

I'll skip on that one. It's a rare vanilla bug, plus it's one of those issues where the type of fix used will definitely cause other new issues.
Well actually i spawn the surfboarder the traditional way, collecting the jet ski gear token n all, but since the console command is easier both to execute and to explain, i only talked about the command.

Did you ever get these issues on things like the regular Super Sonic aura or the spintrails?
Oddly enough, no! Particles worked well on Super Sonic for some reason-- only the Invincibility and Hyper Sonic particles mess up, and I've no idea why. Spintrails seem to work well-- they don't have that weird square effect like the particles that borked on the previous examples, or anything I feel stands out.

srb20008.gif

Can I got the info for where you got that version of Green Forest Zone please? I really want to play it.
It's in the SRB2 Community discord. A file called GreenF-demo.pk3 posted by Cola on the 15th of June, 2020. I don't know if Cola intended to make their demo public, but obviously they were ok with anyone in the SRB2 Discord Community Server grabbing it. Nowadays, the CS usually seems open for people who are active enough in the community and well-liked.
Don't be a dick or a spammer, we're always looking to expand this little community with cool people.
689195027863437366.webp

Oddly enough, no! Particles worked well on Super Sonic for some reason-- only the Invincibility and Hyper Sonic particles mess up, and I've no idea why. Spintrails seem to work well-- they don't have that weird square effect like the particles that borked on the previous examples, or anything I feel stands out.
View attachment 87827
I think I know the issue then. Some newer effects use a 100% black background rather than a transparent background, which additive blending usually renders as fully transparent, but that seems to not be the case for the MacOS version...
384538559996231681.webp

I'll try my theoretical fix in v1.6b. If it works, let me know after it releases, since I can't test this myself. (Or maybe I'll just send it to you personally before release if you're up for it?)

I think I know the issue then. Some newer effects use a 100% black background rather than a transparent background, which additive blending usually renders as fully transparent, but that seems to not be the case for the MacOS version...
384538559996231681.webp

I'll try my theoretical fix in v1.6b. If it works, let me know after it releases, since I can't test this myself. (Or maybe I'll just send it to you personally before release if you're up for it?)
Hah, not surprised it's a Mac OS-related issue.
Anyways, sure! I'm more than willing to test it if you'd prefer it that way. I'm fine either way, at least.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back