Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

Well well well. Finally released v1.4. IT'S BEEN SEVENTEEN DAYS- Er... I mean, good show, man... uh, men... idk. But what I do know what to say is... All Hail Team MetalShine!!!!!
It's all Shine lately, but I did touch up the Tails flight motivation sprite some to look more like a real icon, and I made a Super variant, despite Super not needing to be carried by Tails, since I thought the world needed more Adventure Super Sonic Uekawa artwork.

Won't be doing that.(Unless by royal decree of Metalwario64, ofc) You can add the footsteps mod, SA-Sonic does support that.

Here we go!
srb21210.gif

For reference, you only have 1 frame and only when outside invincibility/flashing. He's just using cheats.

Send me a GIF if you can. I'm not getting that. Maybe you've set your sprite limit to a really low number?
srb21222.gif

The legendary spriter himself made a return this time to give us a small but powerful blessing for v1.4. Praise the lord!
Hang on!

Speaking of legendary, I'll see if I can procure some more of Metalwario64's renders to add to the main thread soon. Look forwards to those!
Post automatically merged:

Oh dammit it didnt send uh here lemme try it again with a shorter one

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
There is now a new bug as of 1.4. Charging a spindash to a lightspeed dash causes some objects to flicker. (springs, trees etc)

Well, Sometimes, if you dont get it. release the lightspeed dash then recharge it

Also the jump to get a quicker lightspeed aura is now 1 s e c o n d.
Well don't complain too much. Stuff like this just h a p p e n s .

Well don't complain too much. Stuff like this just h a p p e n s .
Oh dont worry im not complaining at all. just giving a small bug report.

Oh dammit it didnt send uh here lemme try it again with a shorter one
SCRATCH LITTERALLY EVERYTHING IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY ADDED TWO VERSIONS

Edit:Yep. im a dumbass and accidentally added 1.3d and 1.4 oops

It's all Shine lately, but I did touch up the Tails flight motivation sprite some to look more like a real icon, and I made a Super variant, despite Super not needing to be carried by Tails, since I thought the world needed more Adventure Super Sonic Uekawa artwork.
I like this sprite. Is it gonna be the Signpost sprite for when SA-Sonic finishes an act whilst Super?

Has anyone else seen a strange visual thing in the latest versions where when you turn Super, the Chaos Emeralds have some sort of 'afterimage' of sorts...? It makes it look like there's two of each Chaos Emerald... Is that supposed to be normal or...

I like this sprite. Is it gonna be the Signpost sprite for when SA-Sonic finishes an act whilst Super?
It would be cool, but it would cause a lot of problems in terms of code and compatibility, so it's probably not a good idea to spend a ton of time trying to make it work and avoiding the potential bugs doing so may cause.

At least it exists, so that's good enough for me. :P

It would be cool, but it would cause a lot of problems in terms of code and compatibility, so it's probably not a good idea to spend a ton of time trying to make it work and avoiding the potential bugs doing so may cause.

At least it exists, so that's good enough for me. :P
Same.

SCRATCH LITTERALLY EVERYTHING IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY ADDED TWO VERSIONS

Edit:Yep. im a dumbass and accidentally added 1.3d and 1.4 oops
You better remember, "there's only ONE REAL SONIC"!
934765284668080139.webp

Has anyone else seen a strange visual thing in the latest versions where when you turn Super, the Chaos Emeralds have some sort of 'afterimage' of sorts...? It makes it look like there's two of each Chaos Emerald... Is that supposed to be normal or...
Hmm. Looks like it might be a translucency error on the afterimages being too opaque. I don't think it's worth a 1.4b hotfix on it's own, but I've got it noted down!

So, what if you made the SA 1UP addon, when you set the 1UP sound to Jingle, instead of it playing the regular SA 1UP sound, it would play this jingle:

Howdy.
Found out that this happens when SA-Sonic is added to netgames.
I think this either happens with one server in specific, i still don't know.
ERROR: NetXCmd buffer full, cannot add netcmd 22! (size: 245, needed: 48)

So, what if you made the SA 1UP addon, when you set the 1UP sound to Jingle, instead of it playing the regular SA 1UP sound, it would play this jingle:
Actually, I made that a little while back but never got around to posting it.

I use it all the time, myself. :) It contains the proper SFX for that setting as well, so it covers both bases I feel.

Last edited:
Howdy.
Found out that this happens when SA-Sonic is added to netgames.
I think this either happens with one server in specific, i still don't know.
that happens to me either when i go to the server that had sa sonic in it after that that happens

You better remember, "there's only ONE REAL SONIC"!
934765284668080139.webp

Hmm. Looks like it might be a translucency error on the afterimages being too opaque. I don't think it's worth a 1.4b hotfix on it's own, but I've got it noted down!
heh, translucency errors and adventure sonic.

reminds me of the plethora of problems with the lighting and texture rendering in SA2:B.

Metalwario64 updated Adventure Sonic (v1.4) with a new update entry:

v1.4b

Shine here!

I got a bad feeling when I saw a GIF of Super Sonic skipping his transform animation. That problem was NOT there 30 minutes before I posted the update.

And sure enough, it led to a real eyestrain of a bug. So here's 1.4b, with some minor extras to make it worth your while. Continue bringing this stuff up as you find it. While mistakes may happen, I'm not going to leave you guys to struggle with them for long!

COMMANDS:
-Added extra...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So, this is a silly idea, and I don't know if this is the right venue, but I have a cool idea that could happen but would take a little bit of ingenuity. It would be cool if Adventure Sonic could run on walls like he can in the Adventure games. I know that walls aren't walkable in SRB2, but it could work like a modified Knuckles Wall Climb. It would activate if Adventure Sonic hits a wall while on a slope exceeding X angle while going at Y speed while in a Running state. This would require additional Running sprites (1 directly Overhead, as well as a "3/4 overhead" (inbetween side view and overhead). This would be mirrored for other side. Only need 1 "3/4 overhead" running animation, due to how camera is expected to work in SRB2) for different camera angles and different running angles. Side view in this context could just be a rotated version of the normal ground running sprite). The modified Wall Climb here would deactivate if speed is below a threshold but would allow for a seamless transition if done correctly.

I don't know. It's something that would make the character stand out even more than it already does. Just a thought.

Last edited:
So, this is a silly idea, and I don't know if this is the right venue, but I have a cool idea that could happen but would take a little bit of ingenuity. It would be cool if Adventure Sonic could run on walls like he can in the Adventure games. I know that walls aren't walkable in SRB2, but it could work like a modified Knuckles Wall Climb. It would activate if Adventure Sonic hits a wall while on a slope exceeding X angle while going at Y speed while in a Running state. This would require additional Running sprites (1 directly Overhead, as well as a "3/4 overhead" (inbetween side view and overhead). This would be mirrored for other side. Only need 1 "3/4 overhead" running animation, due to how camera is expected to work in SRB2) for different camera angles and different running angles. Side view in this context could just be a rotated version of the normal ground running sprite). The modified Wall Climb here would deactivate if speed is below a threshold but would allow for a seamless transition if done correctly.

I don't know. It's something that would make the character stand out even more than it already does. Just a thought.
I do think something like this has been done with Wido.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back