Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

TODAY IS MARCH 19!!
Shine's guesstimates are not reflective at all of when something releases, please take any release date estimate with a heavy bucket of salt. Also remember the fact that this is just a minor update to a passion project, which is also done in the freetime of those who work on it.

You wouldn't want to be pressured to work on something you've done for fun like it's a job you get paid for, right?

Shine's guesstimates are not reflective at all of when something releases, please take any release date estimate with a heavy bucket of salt. Also remember the fact that this is just a minor update to a passion project, which is also done in the freetime of those who work on it.

You wouldn't want to be pressured to work on something you've done for fun like it's a job you get paid for, right?

I facepalm at my own stupidity

Metalwario64 updated Adventure Sonic (v1.5) with a new update entry:

The overambitious v1.6 grounds itself!

Adventure Sonic v1.6 contains an important fix to potential save corruption!

Unfortunately we kept raising the stakes and adding features, which stalled the actual update for ages. I should've released a v1.5b in hindsight. My apologies for that. But...the good news! It's here now and we got a big changelist!

VISUAL:
-Added all-new grinding sprites! They're used for the surfboard frames atm, but perhaps they're hiding a secret use you'll see...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't know if it's just me, but on a controller it opens the Samenu whenever I press the Open Menu not the pause button (But it works fine on the Keyboard). Is that Supposed to happen? Are the inputs spawped?

I can't wait to play it! But I'm worried about the 3d models... I mean, are they going to update them or won't they? I only ask
I can't say. The model creators are seperate people, so it's their choice. There shouldn't be any rush, though. The new features are fairly isolated. Advance's jumpball is only for the Advance gameflair and the surfboarding frames are very specifically for the rushchars surfboard. For all intents and purposes, they work fine otherwise.

anytime I want to taunt adventure sonic tries to spawn the jetski
If you need to hang in the taunt menu for an infinite amount of time with Rushchars added, and still really want to use the weapon prev+next method, quickly opening the menu 2x when the jetski summoning emeralds are out seems to pause the jetski summon cooldown.

I don't know if it's just me, but on a controller it opens the Samenu whenever I press the Open Menu not the pause button (But it works fine on the Keyboard). Is that Supposed to happen? Are the inputs spawped?
If it's the natural "pause button" on your keyboard, you can simply tap it for the SAmenu. (Or double-tap for a regular pause)

If it's a custom bound pause key, like putting the pause function on the L key or a controller button, you want to hold it down instead.
934769709717520384.webp

It's a limitation in SRB2's Lua input detection before the game's pause kicks in.(Which also pauses Lua thinkers) The only reason the "hold key" workaround exists is because for whatever reason holding pause eventually unpauses the game again, and I was able to detect that happening.
I might have a workaround in the future, but...
612903801715949572.webp
...well, no promises.

If it's the natural "pause button" on your keyboard, you can simply tap it for the SAmenu. (Or double-tap for a regular pause)

If it's a custom bound pause key, like putting the pause function on the L key or a controller button, you want to hold it down instead.
934769709717520384.webp

So Open menu on the controller is not supposed to open the Samenu?... Oh boy something is wrong with my game then, cuz as of right now Pause doesn't open it up

Last edited:
You've bound this key to whatever you wanted your pause button to be on your controller? Then held it down for 1~2 seconds?
Pause.png
*Tears* yes it doesn't do anything. But Open menu button opens it instead...with just a tap. You can probably see why that might be a problem.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back