• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to think that they are listening to this.
Post automatically merged:

Also uuuh Another thing:
The latest they will anounce sa sonic will be Dec 24 Because in 7 days it will be the last day of december and the whole year
Nope stop thinking that because didn't golden shine or metalwario say not to predict the release date anymore?

It's done when it's done... need I say more...
While I don't think any harm is done by speculation of the release date, you have to remember the golden reason of why When it's done™ is said so often, and that said speculation should stay as such.

Hey golden, you still considering adding the, "talk about low budget flights!" easter egg, (SA-Sonic will have the chance to say the line when getting carried by a flying character.) and is Metal considering adding the Dirk and Milne sprites in an update or something? (Katowsky kick for milne, frozen and ice surd sprites for Dirk.)

While waiting, i have been playing some fangames that are pretty neat! You guys should try them too.

-Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute (well these are ports...)
-Sonic 1 and 2 SMS Remake
-Sonic 3D in 2D
-And...
SRB2!

While waiting, i have been playing some fangames that are pretty neat! You guys should try them too.

-Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute (well these are ports...)
-Sonic 1 and 2 SMS Remake
-Sonic 3D in 2D
-And...
SRB2!
I also recommend Sonic 3 A.I.R.
Now I'm just gonna try and get this back on topic.
Nope stop thinking that because didn't golden shine or metalwario say not to predict the release date anymore?
I mean, I do agree this speculation thing might become another "OMG ACT [[Page Number]]" if it was left unchecked. We may not know when this mod is gonna release, but since it is near being finished, let's all wish Shine and Wario luck!

Last edited:
What maps are you playing on here??
Can someone tell me which levels are used in the recent SA-Sonic gifs? never seen them on the levels addon section.
The Crisis-City looking one is Annihilated city. The rest are different OLDC maps. It's always worth trying out OLDCs and ULDCs (Official/Unofficial Level Design Contest), they're all big HUB levelpacks with plenty to see.

Who is faster? Super SA-Sonic or Super Mystic SA-Sonic?
"Mystic Super" SA-Sonic when controlled properly. The whole spiel of SMS' powershare is giving other characters a taste of SMS-style gameplay. Basically what the whole overpowered alt characters on the MB ended up doing. (SMS-style usually means ridiculously fast and exaggerated versions of their usual gameplay style.)

Super Sonic is a hell of a lot easier to pick up, control, and kick ass with, though. Think of Super Sonic as "all purpose superpower" and "Mystic Super" Sonic as "speed speed speed speed speed!"

Yeah, I'm back again! If its possible, can I see the light speed dash's neat tricks again?
Yeah! I Also wanna see those Neat light speed dash tricks.
What kind of tricks, though? Oh well, wheeeeee!!

srb20800.gif
srb20803.gif

He wants the Katosky Kick (Milne) and Frozen sprites (Dirk)
It means sprites and support for the katosky kick for Milne, and sprites for things like the ice surf for dirk.
Ahh. No Katosky Kick(At least, I can't see Metal wanting to make stuff like that), but a frozen sprite already exists.(Mainly to stop Sonic from lying down dead inside the ice cube)

everything looks outstanding so far! While I sort of dislike SMS I feel like the support would be something I'll be fine with, the main thing I would probably the lag from most servers. Mainly because of their effects. Though keep up the great work with everything! I'm so exited for this to be done!
Mystic Super only works with SMS anyway. But even then, it won't cause lag. It's usually humongous sprite spam or large-scale mobj checks(Black Hole) causing issues. Those little electric sparks and optional client-side screen effects barely contribute.

I absolutely love the idle and ledge animations, both really capture that SA2 feel and I adore how smooth they look.

And to know all SA-Sonic's other visual flair isn't a hit on performance is great! I don't think it's a problem for me regardless, but a lot of people run the game on obscenely low end toasters so it's great to know.

The only mod support outside of what's already included I'd like to see for SA-Sonic would be... support for SRB2 Persona, maybe?
Right? Metal's addicted to adding frames. I've never seen him settle for 2 frames of animation when vanilla SRB2 would've done that.

I still have to do "the big netgame strain test", but so far with up to 6 players, not a shred of lag at any point!

No Persona support on release, we'd rather work on polishing the base release, but I'm definitely considering it for a patch.

----------

We are nearing release, so we've gone back and started polishing stuff! Actually, Wario felt all his sprites could use polishing, so how about we start from scratch and release this NEXT year's christmas season? ...no? Okaaay then.

Super Sonic's placeholder life icon has been updated to the real deal! Kind of small for a GIF, so have the pic itself as well!
srb20726.gif
XTRAA0.png

Our spindash has a new revving aura and unique spinball sprites to be more accurate to Sonic Adventure! That weird shakey aura was rather tricky to get looking right!
srb20775.gif

I've visually updated midair uncurling! This is no new last-minute skill, just some visual flair to highlight the different behavior from Sonic Adventure. (You'd stop dead in your tracks if you uncurled in midair in SA1, or bounce in SA2.) The Sonic Advance-2 styled afterimages help indicate that this briefly cuts through SA-Sonic's usual air drag!
srb20769.gif

A comparison to NOT uncurling, which leaves you experiencing air drag the entire time. (Why I keep saying air drag is a huge deal)
srb20770.gif

The fact we're going back to update things that could've been passable should give a good indication of our progress! I know release dates mean alot to everyone, so I'll talk things over with Metalwario. Then next post I'll announce our exact release date!

One more thing. With SRB2 2.2.10 bots can soon be added without selecting Sonic & Tails, then swapping with a botskin lua script. SA-Sonic works too differently for a vanilla bot to understand, however, so I went and added bot support!

srb20788.gif

To lazily copy from my own changelog....
BOT SUPPORT:
-Bounces, spindashes, and thoks when you do.
-Keeps LSA charged and unleashes it in your chosen direction when you let go of spin.
-Will try bouncing and ledge-grabbing if he can't reach you with a normal jump.
-Encourages you if you're flying him and are tired.
-You can vault-jump off him when he charges his spindash.
-Starts screwing around when you are too, or when he gets bored.
-Can turn super when you are super.
-Can carry you while he's super and then be steered by you. Press Custom3 to have him take off if he's grounded.
srb20798.gif
srb20794.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back