• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, y'all are brutal!
CYN1owH.png
Oh. I didn´t know it was for an older version. Sorry :worry:. I thought it was for 2.2. For that time I think it looks great.:wonderful:

Is there a way to retain your speed when you homing attack a target? I don't know if you've already covered that before thanks to the page spam
Not a thing in either Adventure game(or any official game), so no. Not that'd it be very useful for his playstyle, SA-Sonic is sluggish in the air and benefits from being grounded. That said, SA-Sonic gets awesome control bouncing off enemies, you won't be stuck in place like with the vanilla homing attack!

That's pretty cool-HOL UP Did you say.....SADX COLOR PALETTE?!
Oh right, never showed that off. Metalwario64 made that palette ages ago! SA1 is fairly similar to SA2's colors, but SADX has super shiny highlights, so we felt it was worth the additional color option.

srb20660.gif

Holding CUSTOM2 gives you this color on (re)spawn in single player!

so you can literally steal peoples ability to not get 1 hit killed? thats very epic. by the way, is it ok if i add a balanced version of SA-Sonic when it is done?
Steal? 1-hit killed? What are you on about? But no, no alternate SA-Sonic's. Superform aside, SA-Sonic's not that busted anyway.
Kick/Punch? I played SA2 and Sonic doesn't have that!
He actually does! Try tapping the B button in SA2 with different rhythms during the somersault. You can end it in a slidekick or a badly animated punch! I would know, I had to do my research on the Adventure games to decide how on I'd replicate it's mechanics!
Hopefully it didn't come off as to rude, don't want to mean to come off as rude.
You're all fine! I know the old SADX Sonic doesn't remotely stack up to this project. It just feels like a grand failure in hindsight.
Did you really work on two sa sonic's?? And you thought way way back in the stone age to make Adventure Sonic??? (Before scraping it to make sms.) Coolio!
I never scrapped anything for SMS. Back then, I just grabbed an old unfinished wad I liked from SRB2 1.08 and "finished" it because SRB2 1.09.4 came with new character abilities. That wad was SADX-Sonic. But I never had the spriting skill to do Adventure Sonic justice, and I never planned to do it. My own best attempt at Adventure Sonic was SMSreborn in NiGHTS.

It was Metalwario64 who reminded me how much I'd love an Adventure Sonic when I saw his sprites. This project never would've happened if he didn't decide to make those. So as usual, all praise Metalwario and donate those livers, boys!
Damn, y'all are brutal!
Wow, way to call out my laments there!
360190957624492042.png

SELECTIVE BUFFER SYSTEM
Here's another control thing that's hard to show off! SA-Sonic has a selective buffer system to correct minor timing mistakes.

In this GIF, I start holding spin a few frames before Sonic actually landed which would usually result in Sonic doing nothing. Thanks to the buffer system, however, Sonic immediately starts charging the spindash when he does land. This only affects cases where you JUST landed and doesn't interfere with other actions. You also don't need to worry about holding buttons and Sonic suddenly doing unintended actions. This system is just there to predict what the player probably expects Sonic to do.
srb20618.gif

Same in this GIF. I pressed jump again right after doing the Far Thok, a few milliseconds before Sonic landed. This results in Sonic instantly leaping off the slope as he lands, like the player probably expected him to.
srb20619.gif

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
Like most of my mods, I give players the ability to disable potentially nauseating quake-effects and eye-straining screen flashes/effects. It might make things less satisfying, but that'll be worth it if the mod's unplayable for you otherwise. (To be fair, SA-Sonic rarely gets crazy outside of some superform shenanigans and a few death animations. SMS or Samus this sure ain't.)
srb20658.gif

But I have a question! What do I call this option? Samus' command name was "antiseizuremode", which is awful. Right now, I have the commands seperated as "SANoQuakes" and "SANoFlashes", but I should probably combine them into one and rename it.

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
Like most of my mods, I give players the ability to disable potentially nauseating quake-effects and eye-straining screen flashes/effects. It might make things less satisfying, but that'll be worth it if the mod's unplayable for you otherwise. (To be fair, SA-Sonic rarely gets crazy outside of some superform shenanigans and a few death animations. SMS or Samus this sure ain't.)

this is excellent

Not a thing in either Adventure game(or any official game), so no. Not that'd it be very useful for his playstyle, SA-Sonic is sluggish in the air and benefits from being grounded. That said, SA-Sonic gets awesome control bouncing off enemies, you won't be stuck in place like with the vanilla homing attack!

Oh right, never showed that off. Metalwario64 made that palette ages ago! SA1 is fairly similar to SA2's colors, but SADX has super shiny highlights, so we felt it was worth the additional color option.

srb20660.gif

Steal? 1-hit killed? What are you on about? But no, no alternate SA-Sonic's. Superform aside, SA-Sonic's not that busted anyway.

He actually does! Try tapping the B button in SA2 with different rhythms during the somersault. You can end it in a slidekick or a badly animated punch! I would know, I had to do my research on the Adventure games to decide how on I'd replicate it's mechanics!

You're all fine! I know the old SADX Sonic doesn't remotely stack up to this project. It just feels like a grand failure in hindsight.

I never scrapped anything for SMS. Back then, I just grabbed an old unfinished wad I liked from SRB2 1.08 and "finished" it because SRB2 1.09.4 came with new character abilities. That wad was SADX-Sonic. But I never had the spriting skill to do Adventure Sonic justice, and I never planned to do it. My own best attempt at Adventure Sonic was SMSreborn in NiGHTS.

It was Metalwario64 who reminded me how much I'd love an Adventure Sonic when I saw his sprites. This project never would've happened if he didn't decide to make those. So as usual, all praise Metalwario and donate those livers, boys!

360190957624492042.png

SELECTIVE BUFFER SYSTEM
Here's another control thing that's hard to show off! SA-Sonic has a selective buffer system to correct minor timing mistakes.

In this GIF, I start holding spin a few frames before Sonic actually landed which would usually result in Sonic doing nothing. Thanks to the buffer system, however, Sonic immediately starts charging the spindash when he does land. This only affects cases where you JUST landed and doesn't interfere with other actions. You also don't need to worry about holding buttons and Sonic suddenly doing unintended actions. This system is just there to predict what the player probably expects Sonic to do.
srb20618.gif

Same in this GIF. I pressed jump again right after doing the Far Thok, a few milliseconds before Sonic landed. This results in Sonic instantly leaping off the slope as he lands, like the player probably expected him to.
srb20619.gif

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
srb20658.gif

But I have a question! What do I call this option? Samus' command name was "antiseizuremode", which is awful. Right now, I have the commands seperated as "SANoQuakes" and "SANoFlashes", but I should probably combine them into one and rename it.
Eek!
Thats pretty god darn pgogers!
Also personally (I think i may have already said this but)
Pointy Flight speed is way faster than adventure sonic's flight speed.
But i think sa will be way faster!!!
Also...
ITS PAGE Putnumberhere!!!
WOOOOOOO
Also should i be skipping time by sleeping?

Wait does SA-Sonic (Base form) has an idle animation or just static like most addons/mods, Thought of it seeing Xtreme Sonic again earlier and reminded myself of his idles, Not sure if he does have it or not but I still want to make sure, If he does then did my idea of him having a second idle (Action ready or just after action idle) exists or no which is probably the latter seeing that you (the devs) are busy on trying to make SA-Sonic be released as fast as possible and please don't pull up a "Darn, We're not gonna make it! Gotta speed up!" And just release half of the addon/mod

CPUMercy
0 - Fry all CPUs and eyes!!! All effects enabled
1 - Disable quakes
2 - Disable flashes
3 - Show mercy to all CPUs and eyes. Disable both

Kick/Punch? I played SA2 and Sonic doesn't have that!
I had to boot up SA2 just to double check the punch specifically, it's pretty neat! I mostly know about the slide kick both because it's pretty easy to do, and Project M gave him that kick as a way to make his side-special more Adventure like! Poor Smash Sonic, he really got the short stick when it came to updating his moves past Brawl... but I digress!

srb20660.gif

SELECTIVE BUFFER SYSTEM

srb20618.gif

srb20619.gif

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
srb20658.gif

I adore the fact SA-Sonic can change his palette on spawn, it's something I always wanted Neo Sonic and other characters that come with colours to have! It's a super nice personalization, and I will be happy to use the SADX palette as I really like how that extra shine looks on SA-Sonic here! The buffer system is also brilliant and it seems very fine-tuned! The coyote time addon does a similar thing where if you press jump but you're off the ground, you'll jump... but it doesn't account for being on a spring and you'll jump off it losing all your height- so I'm happy the buffer system here accounts for what SA-Sonic's doing! And accessibility options are always welcome, even though I'll leave them off to gush over the crazy visuals, which still look fantastic with the options on. I'm excited for whatever's coming next, and even hidden away as easter eggs!

What about "SAEffectsNerf" or "SALowEnd"? I don't have much ideas, sorry, oh also, really like the pallete thingy, it's pretty awesome to have that!

Maybe something like, "SAEpilepsy Off" and "SAEpilepsy On"

i think "No Flashes" and "No Quakes" are both easy to understand and straight to the point. keeping them separate is probably also a good idea, for players who might be cool with one, but not the other

srb20660.gif

360190957624492042.png

SELECTIVE BUFFER SYSTEM

srb20618.gif

srb20619.gif

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
srb20658.gif

I like that you can change your palette in the single player without having to use multiplayer to do it.

srb20660.gif

360190957624492042.png

SELECTIVE BUFFER SYSTEM

srb20618.gif

srb20619.gif

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
srb20658.gif

Heyy, ya boi is back talking in this thread after watching sneakily from the side-lines
SA Sonic looks really cool by the way with stuff like changing the colour palette using Custom keys.
As well as the different abilities for Super Sonic and the 'Accessibility Options' which ik helps people.
Imo, I think SA Sonic's development shows that through hard work and not giving up you can accomplish anything really.
Anyway time to go back to watching from the side-lines again. Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back