• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoutout to Soniku11's character zone test for being a surprisingly entertaining place to run around in and test stuff!
srb20468.gif

It's like these trails were made for the Lightdash, even though the gaps suggest they weren't.
srb20471.gif

So my mind got an idea, What if there's a way to make special things happen with certain characters, Like for example; SA-Sonic and SA-Shadow(If he does exist in the future) meet then there would be a dialogue about their rivalry, It's basically a special interaction towards SRB2 Characters!
I have the ambition to make this happen, but audiofiles and special mode interactions take up alot of space and code bloat, and we'd prefer to keep SA-Sonic grounded. Unless SRB2 suddenly gets a massive performance boost both netplay and FPS-wise, that'll remain the goal! We're already more complex than originally intended.
Great! I wonder how many other character mods in SRB2 (not just 2.2) get affected by the NIGHTS stages?
As far as I know, SMSreborn and SA-Sonic are the only ones.
Literally everyone who's been keeping track of this thread.
Damn straight. You're all super chads, and we love you all.
868463770723303444.png

Will this sonic have sonic wind.
No reference to that now, but could it become a possibility if we put in Battlemod support one day.
Man,this is sweeeeet

...I get the feeling it'll make Egg Satelite Zone much more painful though
Yeah, be careful! Being fast is fun and a godsend in earlier stages, but getting hurt shaves off much more time than the extra speed can compensate for. Had to learn that the hard way when I tried to spin-spam my way through Black Hole Zone.
if they packed all the lines into a seperate wad then i guess it would be fine
but the speech bubbles are more srb2-esque than voice lines honestly
It's a novelty easter egg, I feel it'd lose it's luster if you had to go out of your way to add in an easter egg.
This guy looks like he controls better then the ACTUAL adventure sonic.. nice
That's the goal! Our first wave of testers have been able to pick him up quite well, so it looks like we're hitting our target!
Hello guys, since I was sick for two days and the thread is gonna close soon. How many sprites left?
50. Hanging, Bubble Gasp, and rolling frames. That'll be the last time I comment on this, because people might impatient on Metal when they learn these are technically done.
What did we say about talking about Liver's in this thread... :shitsfree:
The harvest of organs that must not be named is going smoothly...

Sorry to keep you waiting! Let's dive into Super Sonic's SA1 gameplay style!

You do not gain any jumpheight like with usual superforms.
srb20473.gif

Unlike SA1 you won't lose any abilities, but most of them haven't gotten a true "Super" power up either. Spindash and thok as much as you like, but you'll never reach your true potential relying on them like in base form. So what's the appeal from SA1-mode?
srb20475.gif

Those who've beaten Sonic Adventure 1 know! Super Sonic gradually speeds up while airborne, AKA, inverted air drag! This means the fastest way to travel is not through any of your abilities, but rather making incredible leaps through the air! Break your limits by leaping and you'll eventually turn into a Blue Bolt of Lightning! We'll call it the Blue Bolt for short!
srb20476.gif

In Blue Bolt, you're at your absolute fastest and become unstoppable! You emit constant shockwaves destroying enemies nearby, any object that would block you is pierced like butter or flung skyward, and you can slide generously across walls like you would when spindashing!
srb20484.gif

srb20490.gif

For insanely fast movement potential or traditional play, use SA1-style. Want a leisurely time or desire the freedom of flight? Use SA2-style! There's more to show yet, but I promise you SA-Sonic remembered to put the "super" in superform.

Last edited:
Shoutout to Soniku11's character zone test for being a surprisingly entertaining place to run around in and test stuff!
srb20468.gif

It's like these trails were made for the Lightdash, even though the gaps suggest they weren't.
srb20471.gif

I have the ambition to make this happen, but audiofiles and special mode interactions take up alot of space and code bloat, and we'd prefer to keep SA-Sonic grounded. Unless SRB2 suddenly gets a massive performance boost both netplay and FPS-wise, that'll remain the goal! We're already more complex than originally intended.

As far as I know, SMSreborn and SA-Sonic are the only ones.

Damn straight. You're all super chads, and we love you all.
868463770723303444.png

No reference to that now, but could it become a possibility if we put in Battlemod support one day.

Yeah, be careful! Being fast is fun and a godsend in earlier stages, but getting hurt shaves off much more time than the extra speed can compensate for. Had to learn that the hard way when I tried to spin-spam my way through Black Hole Zone.

It's a novelty easter egg, I feel it'd lose it's luster if you had to go out of your way to add in an easter egg.

That's the goal! Our first wave of testers have been able to pick him up quite well, so it looks like we're hitting our target!

50. Hanging, Bubble Gasp, and rolling frames. That'll be the last time I comment on this, because people might impatient on Metal when they learn these are technically done.

The harvest of organs that must not be named is going smoothly...

Sorry to keep you waiting! Let's dive into Super Sonic's SA1 gameplay style!

You do not gain any jumpheight like with usual superforms.
srb20473.gif

Unlike SA1 you won't lose any abilities, but most of them haven't gotten a true "Super" power up either. Spindash and thok as much as you like, but you'll never reach your true potential relying on them like in base form. So what's the appeal from SA1-mode?
srb20475.gif

Those who've beaten Sonic Adventure 1 know! Super Sonic gradually speeds up while airborne, AKA, inverted air drag! This means the fastest way to travel is through any of your abilities, but rather making incredible leaps through the air! Break your limits by leaping and you'll eventually turn into a Blue Bolt of Lightning! For short, the Blue Bolt!
srb20476.gif

In Blue Bolt, you're at your absolute fastest and become unstoppable! You emit constant shockwaves destroying enemies nearby, any object that would block you is pierced like butter or flung skyward, and you can slide generously across walls like you would when spindashing!
srb20484.gif

srb20490.gif

For insanely fast movement potential or traditional play, use SA1-style. Want a leisurely time or desire the freedom of flight? Use SA2-style! There's more to show yet, but I promise you SA-Sonic remembered to put the "super" in superform.
oh, My, GOD!

Thats so goddarndamndarn Cool!
Ahem, Anyways... Im thinking it will take 10 - 15~ more days.

Because he made 5 in a day, So that would be around...
1 sprite every 3~ Hours.
Good work to ya both!!!
(I really hope he remembers he can mirror Sprites to save time!)
(And if he does, then i sound dumb!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back