• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
908517024576196648.gif
Oh I didn't know metroid could aim.
Free-Aim makes things SO much easier in Metroid Dread/Samus Returns. In older Metroids you had to aim 45-degrees angles while jumping and shooting with exact timing. Though they did increase the damage bosses do by ALOT to compensate. Maybe too much.

On a forum, you need to actually talk about the topic, that's why they're called topics.
A'ight, so I'm gonna have to teach you guys how to butter up your Sonic for prom. Make sure you compliment his natural make-up, his luscious blue fur, how round his jumpball looks tonight, how well-polished his shoes looks, and most of all, his smile. Say it with a dead-serious face in front of your PC. He'll feel your aura and know you mean business.

srb20402.gif

Anyway, messing around aside, we're now at 55 sprites remaining!

I wonder, if one were to build up speed in super form, in SA1 super mode, then switch to SA2 mode quickly, would the speed stay as long as they go straight, would it slowly go down to the SA2 mode speed cap, or would the speed be instantly decreased to the SA2 speed cap?
Good question! Flight speed is soft-capped, but you can technically uphold speeds beyond Sonic's speed cap. So flying out of water? Boost of vertical speed. Hitting a floating horizontal booster ring or horizontal red spring? You'll go faster than usual until you turn. Switching from SA1 mode isn't gonna cut it, though, the switch nulls out your speed!

After the sprites isn't coding next or is that been done already? Because if not Golden going to need just as much energy as Metal. Oh also just when back to your video of how sms was made and got to say when u said it could be adventure sonic its kinda funny how a year later you working on one.
Sonic didn't magically get these abilities and physics changes without them being coded. Most of it is indeed already implemented, though in need of optimization and still being heavily changed even now. Wario requested new physics changes as recent as yesterday. So expect things to be different on release compared to the GIFs.

Before we delve into Super Sonic's SA1 gameplay style, let's show off the 3rd style. NiGHTS! We got some unique sprites for the drill and a shortened transform animation due to the existence of multiple laps in some stages.
srb20410.gif

The Sonic Adventure era had loads of references to NiGHTS. Sonic Shuffle's whole theme is basically NiGHTS, so I figured SA-Sonic deserves special NiGHTS treatment. In place of a brake, you'll charge a spindash instead! The further you charge, the more drill-meter it'll consume. This playstyle is more energy intensive and makes precision weaving hard, but you'll be WAY faster than anyone else. Especially those early emerald stages will be finished quick!
srb20411.gif

Your controls change while spinning, so keep that in mind before you mash! Spamdashing won't stack like usual, but it's still useful for turning around or forcing back your control or speed for a tiny bit of drill meter!
srb20415.gif

Successfully finish the stage for a glorious dream exit! Hopefully the gameplay changes make special stages more interesting for those who've played them a hundred times already!
srb20416.gif

A'ight, so I'm gonna have to teach you guys how to butter up your Sonic for prom. Make sure you compliment his natural make-up, his luscious blue fur, how round his jumpball looks tonight, how well-polished his shoes looks, and most of all, his smile. Say it with a dead-serious face in front of your PC. He'll feel your aura and know you mean business.

srb20402.gif
Instructions unclear, hedgehog is stuck in toaster.
Successfully finish the stage for a glorious dream exit! Hopefully the gameplay changes make special stages more interesting for those who've played them a hundred times already!
srb20416.gif
Much appreciated, it's nice to have a little shake up from the usual. All the effects for this look so clean.

Before we delve into Super Sonic's SA1 gameplay style, let's show off the 3rd style. NiGHTS! We got some unique sprites for the drill and a shortened transform animation due to the existence of multiple laps in some stages.
srb20410.gif

The Sonic Adventure era had loads of references to NiGHTS. Sonic Shuffle's whole theme is basically NiGHTS, so I figured SA-Sonic deserves special NiGHTS treatment. In place of a brake, you'll charge a spindash instead! The further you charge, the more drill-meter it'll consume. This playstyle is more energy intensive and makes precision weaving hard, but you'll be WAY faster than anyone else. Especially those early emerald stages will be finished quick!
srb20411.gif

Your controls change while spinning, so keep that in mind before you mash! Spamdashing won't stack like usual, but it's still useful for turning around or forcing back your control or speed for a tiny bit of drill meter!
srb20415.gif

srb20416.gif
55 sprites? Great work so far Metal Wario!

As for the nights ability it looks so cool! Though I'm actually not 100% sure about it, the ability rubs me the wrong way for whatever reason. But I think I'll change my mind when I play it myself, though what I will say about it was it's a very smart idea, very fair as well! I'm also guessing you can perform it using spin? Anyways keep up the awesome work!

55 sprites? Great work so far Metal Wario!

As for the nights ability it looks so cool! Though I'm actually not 100% sure about it, the ability rubs me the wrong way for whatever reason. But I think I'll change my mind when I play it myself, though what I will say about it was it's a very smart idea, very fair as well! I'm also guessing you can perform it using spin? Anyways keep up the awesome work!
he said it replaces the ability to slow down, which is mapped to spin

Free-Aim makes things SO much easier in Metroid Dread/Samus Returns. In older Metroids you had to aim 45-degrees angles while jumping and shooting with exact timing. Though they did increase the damage bosses do by ALOT to compensate. Maybe too much.

srb20402.gif

Good question! Flight speed is soft-capped, but you can technically uphold speeds beyond Sonic's speed cap. So flying out of water? Boost of vertical speed. Hitting a floating horizontal booster ring or horizontal red spring? You'll go faster than usual until you turn. Switching from SA1 mode isn't gonna cut it, though, the switch nulls out your speed!

Sonic didn't magically get these abilities and physics changes without them being coded. Most of it is indeed already implemented, though in need of optimization and still being heavily changed even now. Wario requested new physics changes as recent as yesterday. So expect things to be different on release compared to the GIFs.

srb20410.gif

srb20411.gif

srb20415.gif

srb20416.gif
Man,this is sweeeeet

...I get the feeling it'll make Egg Satelite Zone much more painful though

srb20402.gif

srb20410.gif

srb20411.gif

srb20415.gif

srb20416.gif
What's with the weird emerald in the final gif?

srb20410.gif

srb20411.gif

srb20415.gif

srb20416.gif
The free aim is honestly a godsend, and sure makes the game feel much smoother! It's a change in Dread and Samus Returns that really helps, and speaking of smooth and helpful, SA-Sonic's NiGHTs controls look smooth as butter!! I love this!

I always loved how NiGHTs was referenced a ton in Adventure, and the extra love for the mode here suits SA-Sonic perfectly! I really can't wait to use that spindash, it opens up a ton of fun routes through the stages I'd imagine! The extra effects again are amazing to look out without being so over the top, especially that exit animation! The spritework is again incredible, and I wish Golden Shine and Metalwario all the luck in finishing up what's left!!

srb20402.gif

srb20410.gif

srb20411.gif

srb20415.gif

srb20416.gif
Great! I wonder how many other character mods in SRB2 (not just 2.2) get affected by the NIGHTS stages?

So my mind got an idea, What if there's a way to make special things happen with certain characters, Like for example; SA-Sonic and SA-Shadow(If he does exist in the future) meet then there would be a dialogue about their rivalry, It's basically a special interaction towards SRB2 Characters!

Classic SRB2 Sonic meets SA-Sonic:

Sonic: Who are you?
SA-Sonic: I'm you, But better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back