• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in any of that crap,just something I heard every now and then

I'm interested in the mod because I feel like it'll be a good taste on what the Adventures games are like,abit with some tweaks to suit SRB2 of course
Well then have not try out the adventure games if you want a good taste of them lol? if you can afford them of course. sonic adventure 1 goes on sale for a dollar on steam its a bad port but you can mod the shit out of it easily

Shine has done everything he can to make him control as well as possible with a controller. Since he is super responsive, having the analog controller gives you much more precision I feel. I personally don't like how SRB2 plays with a controller very much, and I don't have a good keyboard, so this makes the game so much more playable for people like me, so I'm glad I got this thing rolling in the first place. XD
I'm in full agreement, Simple Mode with a controller is so god damn imprecise and slippery, overhauling how the game feels from the ground up for a controller is a good choice.

How would you recommend playing adventure sonic? Controller or keyboard?
It works well either way. But it's Sonic Adventure, so you'd use a controller naturally.

It's been ages since I last checked here and I want to say I adore the project so far!! You guys are doing amazingly, both with sprites and code. I'm excited to play this when it's ready!

The animations especially are looking gorgeous. I love how bouncy the running looks, It's really evocative of SA2. As much as I do love the bounciness though, to me it does look odd when at really high speed. I wonder if Sonic will lower his head a bit and have a more blurred run above his normal running speed like SA1? I always loved that touch, as if at that point Sonic just needs to coast along.

Oooh, I'd love to see how the roll differs from jumping- speaking of, the jumpball looks really cool! I adore how well it blends into his actual jump animation. The trail on the bounce attack also looks good!

Yeah, my own favorite would be SA1 Sonic, one can guess by my comment on the run animation. He had a lot of personality there and his animation in-game was spot on! Can't say the same about the cutscenes, but they have their goofy charm too. This makes me wonder though, how much influence from each Adventure-era game will be in this mod? I see a lot of SA2's influence going by the animations, bounce attack and those speed lines (which are a nice touch!). And lastly...
srb21138.gif

srb21540.gif

It's hard to tell in GIFs, but Sonic does actually transition from that bouncy SA2 run into a more SA1 full-speed blurred-legs effect with less bobbing. The sprites take more after SA2 and Uekawa's artwork, but you'll definitely feel alot of SA1 during gameplay.

On topic: Have you've had Adventure Sonic run around in Emerald Coast(via Dimension Glaber) yet?
I...don't have a save file for that mod, and it's got far too many locked levels to scroll through.
srb21539.gif

I'm in full agreement, Simple Mode with a controller is so god damn imprecise and slippery, overhauling how the game feels from the ground up for a controller is a good choice.
I found the "Center Camera" button to be essential for Simple Mode. Lets you strafe, and it locks onto bosses Adventure-style too, which is pretty cool.

I...don't have a save file for that mod, and it's got far too many locked levels to scroll through.
srb21539.gif
While not the best remake, theres always the Xmas port. If you don't have a save file of it, It will probably take you 30 minutes tops to get there, but only to make one gif wouldn't really be worth it.

Something I should've asked before: Does the Tactical Ricochet Manoeuvre allow you to gain more height from springs

Also found this video that has a media fire link with a SRB2 port of City Escape

Maybe have Adventure Sonic run around in there?

Last edited:
Man I haven't looked in here in ages, I don't know why I didn't talk here, maybe it's because of the amazing work you guys are putting in which made me speechless. Keep up the good work

Also found this video that has a media fire link with a SRB2 port of City Escape

Maybe have Adventure Sonic run around in there?
The map doesn't look the same as in the gif. If you tell the difference, there's different building's, and they're not the same squared building with used textures plastered on different vertical points of the stage, and also there's the skybox, it's a fully light blue sky and barely any clouds in the way, unlike the City Escape stage that uses the legacy skybox, and one more thing, it CAN'T be City Escape unless it was supposed to be City Escape in the first place.

The map doesn't look the same as in the gif. If you tell the difference, there's different building's, and they're not the same squared building with used textures plastered on different vertical points of the stage, and also there's the skybox, it's a fully light blue sky and barely any clouds in the way, unlike the City Escape stage that uses the legacy skybox, and one more thing, it CAN'T be City Escape unless it was supposed to be City Escape in the first place.

Who said it was related to the gif

Wow, that city, is that a one act stage, or a hangout? Just asking about it.
Neither. It doesn't exist yet!

Something I should've asked before: Does the Tactical Ricochet Manoeuvre allow you to gain more height from springs
Debating on it. It'd feel weird on diagonal springs and we're trying not to add unnecessary stuff that'd make him OP.

How many Sprites did you use for the running animation? cause u put a lot of detail to this mod.
Our local nutjob Metalwario put in 8 frames for the running, walking, rolling, AND jumpball animations. Even made 6 frames just for the teetering. 3 for falling and spring as well.

So, good news, boy(ette)s)! All that's left before work on Super Sonic begins is the life icon on the bottom left of the screen! Here's another comparison showcasing SA-Sonic's physics. SA-Sonic retains momentum from springs and boosters, while that SA-Faker emulating just his stats on the other hand.....

srb21558.gif

srb21559.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back