• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, It's as good as done. Gameplay for Super Sonic was done pre-emptively as well, so Metalwario should have a nice idea of what exactly the gameplay he's spriting for is going to feel like in-game.

No name yet. Just a random map for me to play around with and work on when time lets me. Who knows what it'll become.

So Metalwario got the death frames done! Here's some ingame GIFs! Death animations are entirely context sensitive.
srb21368.gif
srb21389.gif

srb21367.gif
srb20890.gif
Oh My God! Sonic is DEAD.

I dunno why but i have a gut feeling that SA-Sonic is gonna be a part of the SRB2 Best Addons History like Modern Sonic by MotdSpork which became the "Main" modern sonic. I have two reasons so starting here; SA1/SA2 Sonic addon/mod for SRB2 is waited for years or even maybe decades to exist, And now it's becoming true by Metalwario64 and Golden Shine, Next one is that judged by the gifs and images they sent in the thread it's an debatable accurate SA1/SA2 Hybrid Sonic. Anyway i got an idea for a stage design :threat:. i sadly can't create it as i use a mac...:devastation: anyway the idea is below and go ignore it :worry:.

Stage Name: Speed Highway or in other titles i made "Highspeed City"
Yep it's that one ridiculous stage with loads of roads normal humans or cars can't use along with making no sense.
Design:

First Part:
The start is basically the same but with edits to fit the SRB2 stereotype, Like adding platforms filled with enemies and such, Along with moving grounds as a "parody" of the moving things that forces sonic to curl.

Second Part (Helicopter but in SRB2 we'll replace that.): After finishing the platforming section of SH/HC you would break into a window in a tall building, After getting inside you would need to get on a specific floor (The floors in that building are 10, the one that is "Specific" is 5th floor, the 6th floor stairs or elevator would be blocked or have a sign that says "Out of Order"), After getting into 5th floor you would be getting in the edge of a window that is coincidentally stood out making it dangerous to stand in...

Fourth Part (Goin' down): After standing in the coincidentally window the lower window breaks due to pressure of Sonics/Or other character's weight they would fall down and teleport in another segment of the stage which is a Mach Speed section which has different designs to capture that they are wall running, So the "Floor" would be textured with the sides of a regular building section, After a while of running the character crashes into another glass similar to the original Speed Highway, The pillars would have hazards around them (Black spikes??) to remake the effect if Sonic crashes into one of the pillars in Speed Highway, After a while they would teleport again but this time Mach speed isn't activated. This would be the building's interior while you would go to a "door?" to exit the building and go outside.

Final Part (City Station or just call it Highspeed City): Finally after all the adventure it's time to relax, The CS/HC section is just a simple large area surrounded with buildings with a beautiful sky as a skybox, The city has a park as it's center, and there lies a fountain with a goal post/ring in the top.

If only Stage Builder can be used in Mac i would do this :devastation:.

Last edited:
I dunno why but i have a gut feeling that SA-Sonic is gonna be a part of the SRB2 Best Addons History like Modern Sonic by MotdSpork which became the "Main" modern sonic. I have two reasons so starting here; SA1/SA2 Sonic addon/mod for SRB2 is waited for years or even maybe decades to exist, And now it's becoming true by Metalwario64 and Golden Shine, Next one is that judged by the gifs and images they sent in the thread it's an debatable accurate SA1/SA2 Hybrid Sonic. Anyway i got an idea for a stage design :threat:. i sadly can't create it as i use a mac...:devastation: anyway the idea is below and go ignore it :worry:.

Stage Name: Speed Highway or in other titles i made "Highspeed City"
Yep it's that one ridiculous stage with loads of roads normal humans or cars can't use along with making no sense.
Design:

First Part:
The start is basically the same but with edits to fit the SRB2 stereotype, Like adding platforms filled with enemies and such, Along with moving grounds as a "parody" of the moving things that forces sonic to curl.

Second Part (Helicopter but in SRB2 we'll replace that.): After finishing the platforming section of SH/HC you would break into a window in a tall building, After getting inside you would need to get on a specific floor (The floors in that building are 10, the one that is "Specific" is 5th floor, the 6th floor stairs or elevator would be blocked or have a sign that says "Out of Order"), After getting into 5th floor you would be getting in the edge of a window that is coincidentally stood out making it dangerous to stand in...

Fourth Part (Goin' down): After standing in the coincidentally window the lower window breaks due to pressure of Sonics/Or other character's weight they would fall down and teleport in another segment of the stage which is a Mach Speed section which has different designs to capture that they are wall running, So the "Floor" would be textured with the sides of a regular building section, After a while of running the character crashes into another glass similar to the original Speed Highway, The pillars would have hazards around them (Black spikes??) to remake the effect if Sonic crashes into one of the pillars in Speed Highway, After a while they would teleport again but this time Mach speed isn't activated. This would be the building's interior while you would go to a "door?" to exit the building and go outside.

Final Part (City Station or just call it Highspeed City): Finally after all the adventure it's time to relax, The CS/HC section is just a simple large area surrounded with buildings with a beautiful sky as a skybox, The city has a park as it's center, and there lies a fountain with a goal post/ring in the top.

If only Stage Builder can be used in Mac i would do this :devastation:.
Considering some of the mods/wads have characters with a secret unique stage you can only find by using the console this would be a great thing to add to the mod/wad too!

I dunno why but i have a gut feeling that SA-Sonic is gonna be a part of the SRB2 Best Addons History like Modern Sonic by MotdSpork which became the "Main" modern sonic. I have two reasons so starting here; SA1/SA2 Sonic addon/mod for SRB2 is waited for years or even maybe decades to exist
Yea, I'm glad I joined the srb2 community when I did so I wouldn't have to wait, but you wanna know a mod everyone has wanted since this game got popular? A mod that makes it so you can go up slopes, loops, and genuinely make this game even more like sonic.

Yep, It's as good as done. Gameplay for Super Sonic was done pre-emptively as well, so Metalwario should have a nice idea of what exactly the gameplay he's spriting for is going to feel like in-game.

No name yet. Just a random map for me to play around with and work on when time lets me. Who knows what it'll become.

So Metalwario got the death frames done! Here's some ingame GIFs! Death animations are entirely context sensitive.
srb21368.gif
srb21389.gif

srb21367.gif
srb20890.gif
JESUS
That Lava death animation is brutal......well, it definitely adds to the memory that certain parts of the old Adventure Games were pretty scarring as a kid, so good to see that's been replicated too. Hahaha

srb21368.gif
srb21389.gif

srb21367.gif
srb20890.gif
Can't wait to see the drown one, good work on these! I especially love the Arid Canyon one and the Techno Hill 2 one, but the other two are AMAZING too!

srb21368.gif
srb21389.gif

srb21367.gif
srb20890.gif
This is such an cool idea. I thought that the mod is already full of content and couldn´t get better, but every time I look into this thread and see something new from you both, I get even more excited.

This is such an cool idea. I thought that the mod is already full of content and couldn´t get better, but every time I look into this thread and see something new from you both, I get even more excited.
It feels like SEGA would've done the same if they had the time/budget. Their departure from mimmicking Mario's pose into detailed deaths with character's voice lines when they faint, Sonic catching fire as he enters earth's atmosphere, or god, those drowning animations. Ambition was a huge thing for Sonic until after Sonic Unleashed.

POV: Sonic after discovering Elise kissed him to revive him instead of just using the chaos emeralds that literally gives the wielder infinite power.
Just goes straight back to being dead...

No...not Tails (even tho I Yoshi him all the time).
All he had to do was raise his darn head...!

Now imagine there's a secret animation for the lava death, in which case Sonic does a thumbs up before fully sinking.
"No problem, 98 more lives left!"

Keep in mind the gasping animation is still missing and these will be polished to reflect it better later.
srb21440.gif
srb21379.gif

Also, deaths transition should end up smoothly transitioning into other deaths.
srb21452.gif
srb21449.gif
srb21453.gif
srb21377.gif

srb21455.gif

Not to mention Tails in the SA2 Chao Garden:

wHQrUJZ.jpg

Also, I'll just post the death rotation I made:

KejVxnb.gif
Am I the only one is reminded of those death sprites from Xtreme sonic when I see these sprites, well I mean Sonic Xtreme was supposed to be the sonic adventure before sonic adventure so I guess that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back