• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited for this mod to the point where I can't stop drawing in this mods style ( yes I know what specific style it is)
Post automatically merged:

But yeah again good luck

Right now kind of debating the spring tricks, which is something I was wanting a while back, but I'm not super sure on at the moment.
I think the spring moves would be nice as long as you can find a way to implement them in a way that makes the transition between the tricks and the gameplay smooth, although I have a question, is there a reason why you haven't showed the jump animations yet?

I think the spring moves would be nice as long as you can find a way to implement them in a way that makes the transition between the tricks and the gameplay smooth, although I have a question, is there a reason why you haven't showed the jump animations yet?
he did. just not the sa1 ver.

A couple of moves and visual references. Right now kind of debating the spring tricks, which is something I was wanting a while back, but I'm not super sure on at the moment.

A couple of Advance visual references I have so far:
A8Njkgn.gif

0bODOiE.gif
If spring tricks end up happening, try matching them up with Onset Adventure's spring tricks (the new ones with the wip update)

Going up keeps angular momentum, horizontal is basically a dash.

If spring tricks end up happening, try matching them up with Onset Adventure's spring tricks (the new ones with the wip update)

Going up keeps angular momentum, horizontal is basically a dash.
Basically, the Horizontal trick should be activated with double tapping a key while mid-air is still aranged.

A couple of moves and visual references. Right now kind of debating the spring tricks, which is something I was wanting a while back, but I'm not super sure on at the moment.

A couple of Advance visual references I have so far:
A8Njkgn.gif

0bODOiE.gif
These sprites look awesome! I never thought that Sonic Adventure and Advance could work so well together.

As do I. All of Shine's code is amazing, and I'm trying my hardest working on these sprites. Tonight I should finish up on the last of the edge frames like I showed off earlier, so progress is always being made.
As a whole, how far would you say spriting progress is? Man I'm pumped for this Sonic, looks like an incredibly great thing

As a whole, how far would you say spriting progress is? Man I'm pumped for this Sonic, looks like an incredibly great thing
Regular Sonic is getting pretty close to being done, but it depends on how many frames we settle on for the remaining animations. Right now there's the idle and death sprites, but I'd also like to have a skidding frame, and there are still touch ups to older sprites I need to make for consistency, but those I'll save until the end of development, because I'm kind of raring to move on to Super for a change of pace.

I think I have a finalized CSS art (I showed an earlier version of this drawing in the SRB2 server a few days ago):
XbDvkTd.png

ujuiwTU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back