Adding Mods To A Server

Macko

Hello, me and my friends have been actively playing tag and match in servers for a while now and we wanted to add mods to spice things up, whenever i add a mod to my game and start the server, my friends get the "you can not download the mods" screen of death.

things i have tried: adding the mods while the server is running (going into mid game add-ons and adding them in)

i'm really stuck on what i have to do, so can someone please help me? if i need to elaborate, just ask me.

idk this might be useful but i'm Australian.

Have you tried giving your friends links to the mods you want to add?

Alternatively, if you want to do it the lazy way, you can simply raise the download limit.
SRB2 by default prevents the server from sending files larger than 4mb to any joining players.
You can change this with the maxsend console variable. It takes a value in bytes.
Opening the console and entering maxsend MAX will set it to the maximum value (51200, equal to 50mb).

Have you tried giving your friends links to the mods you want to add?

Alternatively, if you want to do it the lazy way, you can simply raise the download limit.
SRB2 by default prevents the server from sending files larger than 4mb to any joining players.
You can change this with the maxsend console variable. It takes a value in bytes.
Opening the console and entering maxsend MAX will set it to the maximum value (51200, equal to 50mb).
Thanks! i will definitely try this, most of the mods i am using are more than 4mb, so that explains the problem.

We really should raise that default. Pretty sure most mods are bigger than that these days 🤔

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back