About Rocket Metal Sonic

Psy

The Observer
So I've seen the original rocket metal sonic, and if I remember correctly it is reusable. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I have a version that may or may not have been intended to be held off from the public. The file name is METAL-29.pk3

If anyone owns this mod or knows someone who is supposed to own it, please tell me. I would like to know who made this and if it got leaked or just was never properly released.

So I've seen the original rocket metal sonic, and if I remember correctly it is reusable. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I have a version that may or may not have been intended to be held off from the public. The file name is METAL-29.pk3

If anyone owns this mod or knows someone who is supposed to own it, please tell me. I would like to know who made this and if it got leaked or just was never properly released.
I have this mod too. If i remember correctly, Inazuma made it. There are two versions, the one we have, and one with different abilities.
Post automatically merged:

I was told that Inazuma never released it because of it being leaked. I also was told that Inazuma was hosting a server, which was where the mods came from.

I have this mod too. If i remember correctly, Inazuma made it. There are two versions, the one we have, and one with different abilities.

I was told that Inazuma never released it because of it being leaked. I also was told that Inazuma was hosting a server, which was where the mods came from.
I didn't get the one I have from an inazuma server, so that must have been one of the servers that leaked it. But he made the inazumaserv mod and the METAL-29 mod and they BOTH got leaked? or just the one?

The Rocket Metal Sonic that was on Inaserv was specifically called "InazumaServ_RocketMetal-v3.pk3" which was a mod that used reusable sprites from this thread: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/rocket-metal-sonic.27397

The Inaserv version consisted of Lua done by me (sorta) as a learning experience which gave Rocket Metal a bounce and overdrive. The mod hasn't been updated by me in over 2 years nor was it ever private as I have hosted with the mod publicly for a while on my dedicated server before I took the server down indefinitely. I don't know what METAL-29.pk3 is.

The Rocket Metal Sonic that was on Inaserv was specifically called "InazumaServ_RocketMetal-v3.pk3" which was a mod that used reusable sprites from this thread: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/rocket-metal-sonic.27397

The Inaserv version consisted of Lua done by me (sorta) as a learning experience which gave Rocket Metal a bounce and overdrive. The mod hasn't been updated by me in over 2 years nor was it ever private as I have hosted with the mod publicly for a while on my dedicated server before I took the server down indefinitely. I don't know what METAL-29.pk3 is.
Well its nice to know at least that wasn't supposed to be private, now I can be confident in knowing I'm not having something I shouldn't.

I would assume that I cannot post the mod myself, as I didn't make it and we have no idea who the creator is correct?

well you could post screen shots and gifs if you can't post the wad itself. That way if someone recognize it we can find either the wad or the author a little easier.

I actually happen to own this lost Rocket Metal Sonic (I think) it's by someone who's account is now deleted, but apparently they were banned from the MB?
I know the first release is on the MB, but they had more planned, I think
1641837446016.png
srb20020.gif

I wish I could remember more, but this is all I can recall. Sorry if this isn't very helpful!

so here is the one I have, I put input display for reference.

The First one is how the spindash works, a little charge makes you roll, but just a tiny bit more and you get full dash mode.
srb20007.gif

The second is dash mode itself, something strange is the fact that there are two graphics for the little blue effect, and only one of them changes
color with speed.
srb20008.gif

The third is his ability, pressing spin in the air doubles vertical momentum, while pressing jump reverses it. You can also combo them into one another, but you can only use them once before having to land again.
srb20009.gif

He also has custom abilities, C1 fires lasers and uses 5 rings. C2 gives you instadash mode, and lets you slide in that direction without pressing anything at the cost of 15 rings, and C3 lets you use a hover similar to Silver, using ten rings upon activation and draining 1 for every second you keep using it.
srb20010.gif
srb20013.gif
srb20014.gif
srb20015.gif

He seems really fleshed out, its kinda strange i've never heard anyone say anything about a version like this. Maybe it got leaked?

I actually happen to own this lost Rocket Metal Sonic (I think) it's by someone who's account is now deleted, but apparently they were banned from the MB?
I know the first release is on the MB, but they had more planned, I thinkView attachment 59995View attachment 59996
I wish I could remember more, but this is all I can recall. Sorry if this isn't very helpful!
this one also looks pretty cool, its sad that literally everyone who has ever worked on RM ether got banned or gave up, its like he has a curse.

so here is the one I have, I put input display for reference.

The First one is how the spindash works, a little charge makes you roll, but just a tiny bit more and you get full dash mode.View attachment 60001

The second is dash mode itself, something strange is the fact that there are two graphics for the little blue effect, and only one of them changes
color with speed.
View attachment 60002

The third is his ability, pressing spin in the air doubles vertical momentum, while pressing jump reverses it. You can also combo them into one another, but you can only use them once before having to land again.
View attachment 60003
He also has custom abilities, C1 fires lasers and uses 5 rings. C2 gives you instadash mode, and lets you slide in that direction without pressing anything at the cost of 15 rings, and C3 lets you use a hover similar to Silver, using ten rings upon activation and draining 1 for every second you keep using it.
View attachment 60004View attachment 60005View attachment 60006View attachment 60007

He seems really fleshed out, its kinda strange i've never heard anyone say anything about a version like this. Maybe it got leaked?

this one also looks pretty cool, its sad that literally everyone who has ever worked on RM ether got banned or gave up, its like he has a curse.
WOAH I'VE NEVER SEEN A ROCKET METAL LIKE THAT!!
You think you could DM me the file? I'd love to have an analysis of this character

Yeah that's a really old version of a Rocket Metal using those same reusable resources. Admittedly, not even sure how you have that file but they're from 2020
Old.png

DD/MM/YYYY (And GMT time lol)
It was a tossed together file that was done as a proof of concept more than anything. Current days it's, pretty different, and that file you have there, Psy, shouldn't really exist, so I guess I'd technically call that leaked lmao
srb20336.gif

That being said, the current version, I am very certain no one has. It's its own thing and, tbh, not even sure this'll see a public release.
Current version isn't even finished yet..

Yeah that's a really old version of a Rocket Metal using those same reusable resources. Admittedly, not even sure how you have that file but they're from 2020
View attachment 60115
DD/MM/YYYY (And GMT time lol)
It was a tossed together file that was done as a proof of concept more than anything. Current days it's, pretty different, and that file you have there, Psy, shouldn't really exist, so I guess I'd technically call that leaked lmao
View attachment 60117
That being said, the current version, I am very certain no one has. It's its own thing and, tbh, not even sure this'll see a public release.
Current version isn't even finished yet..
Good, this one isn't quite finished either, I forgot to say this but this version has a very... interesting quirk.

See he CAN go super, and has superrun support, but without some mod that FORCES you to go super it is impossible to do so.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back