A new Sonic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Yup.
Here's the IGN story:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/648/648544p1.html

This quote especially interested me, as I don't know any of these.

IGN said:
In Sonic Riders, Dr. Robotnik has set up a speed challenge, and all the Sonic characters, including Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna, Storm the Albatross, Jet the Hawk, Miles "Tails" Prower and Web the Swallow, have decided to compete. To the victor goes a Chaos Emerald.

Well, discuss!

http://www.mooglecavern.com/sega/images/sonicriders14gi.jpg
http://www.mooglecavern.com/sega/images/sonicriders26ie.jpg

So far, I'm not sold.

Sonic Riders looks like an F-Zero game with the name "Sonic" tacked right on it. Except it's not an F-Zero game - it's a generic racer. At least Sonic R was a footrace - running on feet has "Sonic" already written all over it!
I also don't like the idea of three new characters - seriously, we have enough of them already. There'd better be a gang plot related to this (swallow, albatross, hawk - get the pattern?), or I'll be real pissed.

"eXtreme!!!11"
Thank God this isn't the next-gen Sonic that's going to be announced tomorrow (9/9)

They're part of SOMETHING; EspioKaos confirmed they're part of an organization called "Babylon". Dunno anything more than that.

Other than that, it looks fun, if a sign they're running out of ideas.

Shadow Hog said:
They're part of SOMETHING; EspioKaos confirmed they're part of an organization called "Babylon".

And what was in the center of Babylon?
I think Bagdad

Anyway this "Sonic Riders" won't get my money.

Of course, being the guy who always has the different opinion, I've gotta admit it lookss neat, and I'd invest my 40 bucks for a copy. Not as cool as Sonic R [One of my favorite games of all time, IMO], but still looking nice.

I saw this topic in school. Since the cookies are all blocked, I can't see those kind of pictures. I thought it was some sort of fangame featured at IGN. Now that I'm at home, a new Sonic game? Its true, it looks like F-Zero though. But considering a Sonic game finally be as fast as F-Zero gets my attention.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Not as cool as Sonic R [One of my favorite games of all time, IMO], but still looking nice.

Sonic R, is like, so awsome :mrgreen: .

This game will probably rock, if not be awsome.

I just hope the same team responsible for F-Zero GX is on this. If they are, then this could possibly be the best Sonic game in years.

sonic360_350.jpg

My expectations for the next Sonic game are pretty low. If it's anything like the the tech demo though, then it will be a step in the right direction.

Mystic said:
I just hope the same team responsible for F-Zero GX is on this. If they are, then this could possibly be the best Sonic game in years.
Both Nintendo and SEGA made F-Zero GX. So the chances that the team will make Sonic Riders is way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back