• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A little modding meme

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishandChips

When was the last time I logged in?
So I made this meme based off of actual events that happened in submissions
77DFDBDD-0223-49EB-A98E-FB00DFD4B847.jpeg

I’m pretty sure the reason that it was rejected is because it’s just a single song change and nothing else, which would constitute as a low-effort mod. Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure a whole soundtrack replacement would have a higher chance of making it into releases

I’m pretty sure the reason that it was rejected is because it’s just a single song change and nothing else, which would constitute as a low-effort mod. Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure a whole soundtrack replacement would have a higher chance of making it into releases
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, a mod has to have some sort of original content in it, right?
For instance, I could make a mod that replaces SRB2's whole OST with music from other videogames...
...But it would get rejected because all I did was take music from other sources and made no substantial changes to them (except making them loop smoothly, which by itself is not much). Is that correct?

quotes. Anyways, Facts, There's strict rules for getting submissions accepted, And just one single song change ain't gonna work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, a mod has to have some sort of original content in it, right?
For instance, I could make a mod that replaces SRB2's whole OST with music from other videogames...
...But it would get rejected because all I did was take music from other sources and made no substantial changes to them (except making them loop smoothly, which by itself is not much). Is that correct?
I think that’s sort of a gray area that a judge would need to inform us on. I know composing or remixing a soundtrack is fine because of Cookiefonster’s 8-Bit OST, but I’m actually curious on whether or not I could try to submit a mod where every song is replaced with a Kirby version (with proper themes of course. I would put two variations of Green Greens over both acts of GFZ and Gourmet Race over Metal Sonic’s race for example)

Music mods are not considered your content if you did not compose the music yourself. If its just tracks from other sources, that's not considered your content. Music can be part of a mod, but it cant be the only thing that mod does. So it's both considered low-effort, and not content you have made, and gets rejected, even if you replaced every music track in the game.

Wait, so your mod was just...

changing the titlescreen song to the one of ATS?

bro :worry:

I would assume that if you're doing a title screen mod you got to do more than just change the music to something you didn't make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back