3D model rotating incorrectly in NiGHTS special stages

I do not expect to receive help for this problem due to my past actions, but I have run out of options.

I am currently working on a 3D player model for someone else, and have ironed out every problem except for one.
In the NiGHTS stages, the model rotates on the wrong axis. For example, instead of facing straight up when moving up, the model instead rolls sideways, causing their underside to face the camera.

In every other instance outside of these special stages, the model looks correct, so I have no idea what is causing this issue. It's because of this that I am not certain if this is a problem with the model, or the PK3 that it's meant to pair with. The rotation issue doesn't seem to exist on Sonic / Super Sonic's model. Does anyone with experience making 3D models know (or are willing to tell me) how to make the model rotate properly?

I do not expect to receive help for this problem due to my past actions, but I have run out of options.

I am currently working on a 3D player model for someone else, and have ironed out every problem except for one.
In the NiGHTS stages, the model rotates on the wrong axis. For example, instead of facing straight up when moving up, the model instead rolls sideways, causing their underside to face the camera.

In every other instance outside of these special stages, the model looks correct, so I have no idea what is causing this issue. It's because of this that I am not certain if this is a problem with the model, or the PK3 that it's meant to pair with. The rotation issue doesn't seem to exist on Sonic / Super Sonic's model. Does anyone with experience making 3D models know (or are willing to tell me) how to make the model rotate properly?
How to solve this? ignore the issue, it's a problem with the character itself, rotation axis are in an SPRITEINFO lump, youre meant to copy say sonic's and change his name and then it'll work, in the meantime, just release it with the problem, that way the creator might look at it and go, "ohno my character is an arwing oh god" and fix it.

I've encountered this with... a few models, and every time, I thought, "oh, this must be one of the addons I have loaded, guess I can't help it."
I guess that isn't the case then.

How to solve this? ignore the issue, it's a problem with the character itself, rotation axis are in an SPRITEINFO lump, youre meant to copy say sonic's and change his name and then it'll work, in the meantime, just release it with the problem, that way the creator might look at it and go, "ohno my character is an arwing oh god" and fix it.
Adding the SPRTINFO lump (which I've never heard of until now) fixed the problem, and I'll pass the info onto him for the final product.
Thank you, this was a big help.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back