2011X (sonic.exe)

[Open Assets] 2011X (sonic.exe) v1.6

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This mod goes great with SRB2Battle, except for Amy, Vector, and Mighty (which are easy to fix). You can't shoot 2011x with Gamma, but giving 2011x the MF_BOSS flag fixes it. I liked the mod so much I spent over a week making LMS for every character in my addons folder. It took forever because the mod updated right after I finished! so I had to redo everything because of the new folder layout:dramahog:

View attachment 184888View attachment 184890View attachment 184889View attachment 184887
I don't know if your online but how do you do this exactly?
 
After getting annoyed with people bragging on Soashi's, I decided to finally do something about a few cheesy strategies I've noticed that make X look stupid. As I've stated before, I'm all for dunking on X, but if it's too easy, it doesn't feel earned, and then what's the point? Where's the pride in overcoming an enemy that never really posed a threat?

That said, the following strategies will no longer work as of v1.5:
  • Using any buttons while grabbed by X, including attacks such as:
    • Doom Guy's punch
    • TA Tails's various bombs
    • Samus's various weapons
  • Anything that could previously kill X will still do so, but to much less dramatic and beneficial effect, including:
    • Kou's Titan Drop (this one still gives you an achievement, even! Just... a less safe one.)
    • TA Tails's Napalm powerup
    • Reveries Armageddon shield
  • TA Tails's Glove powerup
  • Knuckles's burrowing from Battlemod
 
After getting annoyed with people bragging on Soashi's, I decided to finally do something about a few cheesy strategies I've noticed that make X look stupid. As I've stated before, I'm all for dunking on X, but if it's too easy, it doesn't feel earned, and then what's the point? Where's the pride in overcoming an enemy that never really posed a threat?

That said, the following strategies will no longer work as of v1.5:
  • Using any buttons while grabbed by X, including attacks such as:
    • Doom Guy's punch
    • TA Tails's various bombs
    • Samus's various weapons
  • Anything that could previously kill X will still do so, but to much less dramatic and beneficial effect, including:
    • Kou's Titan Drop (this one still gives you an achievement, even! Just... a less safe one.)
    • TA Tails's Napalm powerup
    • Reveries Armageddon shield
  • TA Tails's Glove powerup
  • Knuckles's burrowing from Battlemod
Wait, Kou can kill it?

Oh my god, Kou can kill it! That's hilarious! :wonderful:

As far as I can tell, this doesn't work when it tries to grab him, so... Use at your own risk, as this is most consistent in Rage Mode, but wow, I'm amazed it works at all!
 
Since it's creator (Locktrap) is problematic medias,,👀
Not trying to stir up drama, but is there a source for this? Even any information about who first brought these allegations up? All I can find is some random guy on Reddit mentioning it offhandedly and an out of context snippet of a post saying he's been removed from the OM team and had been for a while. If he did do all of that, then I'll gladly remove his works from this mod and replace them with the new stuff. I'm just trying to get my facts straight before I take any action.
 
Not trying to stir up drama, but is there a source for this? Even any information about who first brought these allegations up? All I can find is some random guy on Reddit mentioning it offhandedly and an out of context snippet of a post saying he's been removed from the OM team and had been for a while. If he did do all of that, then I'll gladly remove his works from this mod and replace them with the new stuff. I'm just trying to get my facts straight before I take any action.
I don't think there's any source about it or even a post from Locktrap
 
Last edited:
To be on the safe side, I've decided to remove Locktrap's music from 2011X v1.5. Again, I haven't been able to find anything substantial, but given that the Sonic.EXE community and Roblox both have an unfortunate history with this kind of abuse, I think it's better not to take chances. Dyno's music will replace the default chase and last life themes, and the Retro ones will be replaced with placeholders, since I presume replacements are being worked on. I will try to avoid further discussion, since I still can't find anything concrete one way or the other and I want to mitigate potential misinformation.
 
To be on the safe side, I've decided to remove Locktrap's music from 2011X v1.5. Again, I haven't been able to find anything substantial, but given that the Sonic.EXE community and Roblox both have an unfortunate history with this kind of abuse, I think it's better not to take chances. Dyno's music will replace the default chase and last life themes, and the Retro ones will be replaced with placeholders, since I presume replacements are being worked on. I will try to avoid further discussion, since I still can't find anything concrete one way or the other and I want to mitigate potential misinformation.
just to let you know, "HERE I COME" (the retro X rage mode theme) was made by aerozity, so you can still use that one
 
not that big of a bug but i guess its good to mention
when using sloperollangle, characters dont rotate after dying
left: without addon
right: with addon
 

Attachments

  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    7 MB · Views: 143
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 126
when using sloperollangle, characters dont rotate after dying
2011X isn't supposed to make characters rotate after dying. I assume that comes from another mod you have loaded that causes that behavior when someone dies of space drowning, which X's grab counts as in order to use proper sprites.
Post automatically merged:

...the Retro ones will be replaced with placeholders...
Scratch that, the replacement came sooner than I thought! The new RetroX chase theme, TIME OVER, will be used in 2011x v1.5. I'll try and hold out for the last life variant, but if I end up getting too impatient for that, it'll use the new last life theme I added for F0UND YOU (SONIC 2011) in the meantime.
 
Last edited:
2011X isn't supposed to make characters rotate after dying. I assume that comes from another mod you have loaded that causes that behavior when someone dies of space drowning, which X's grab counts as in order to use proper sprites.
oh strange.... the space drowning looked normal to mee
ill check to see what addon i have does that
 
Hopefully this gets added to the next update (with the other themes too aswell)
Lol if i can i'll use it for my harder 2011x mod but yeah
 
Scratch that, the replacement came sooner than I thought! The new RetroX chase theme, TIME OVER, will be used in 2011x v1.5. I'll try and hold out for the last life variant, but if I end up getting too impatient for that, it'll use the new last life theme I added for F0UND YOU (SONIC 2011) in the meantime.
well guess what lol
 
PikaJade updated 2011X (sonic.exe) with a new update entry:

v1.5 - An Ordinary Update

This one's been in the works for a bit! Many of these features were tested on Soashivito's co-op server before release, so many thanks to the folks there for helping with that.
  • New feature: Ordinary Mode!
    • An alternate gameplay loop inspired by An Ordinary Sonic ROM Hack that places you on a perpetual countdown to being chased by a powered-up 2011X, which can be extended by breaking a monitor or hitting a checkpoint
    • 10 new exclusive music arrangements made by: meeeee :3...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Is there a chance to bring back the old regular X themes?
Also could it be possible to have a choice to only play the last life themes regardless of lives? (I'll never be running out of those things to be able to hear peak)
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back
Top