• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

1.09.4->1.1 Character WAD Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue said:
I'll Begin said:
Furthermore, why can't we have more special and run frames? Can we have them please? :<

Can't this be SOC'd?

Yes. But then every character will need them. What happens in a SOC for one character affects every other one, as I recall.

Also Tails' coloring is all screwed up. I'm not sure if this is fixed, but if you were to be, say a blue tails, you would have little orange spots all over him. Looks really bad IMO...

...which doesn't make any sense since Tails' sprite, prior to any color changes, is green.

I'll admit that the ability to define custom animations would be sweet (more fluid running animations, for instance), but also somewhat masochistic. Just sayin'.

Shadow Hog said:
...which doesn't make any sense since Tails' sprite, prior to any color changes, is green.

There's still little orange spots on Tails even when he's green. They're just not so easy to notice with that colour because of the orange spots fitting it more, unlike when Tails' colour is blue.

EDIT: Hmm... maybe that custom colormap for characters could be used to fix things like this with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, could it?

srb20286xg6.png

>.>

Dark Warrior said:
Cue said:
I'll Begin said:
Furthermore, why can't we have more special and run frames? Can we have them please? :<

Can't this be SOC'd?

Yes. But then every character will need them. What happens in a SOC for one character affects every other one, as I recall.
Wasn't that the purpose of OBJCTCFG, to allow SOC changes that affected only the character it came with? But OBJCTCFG is broken in 1.09.4, right?

OBJCTCFG == MAINCFG

Originally, OBJCTCFG was to be for PWADs, and MAINCFG for IWADs.

I see. Well, can't you make a similar lump or something? Or better, have a range of special slots that will be character specific. This way that can be implemented.

Yeah, cause I'd definitely like to make some character affecting socs that affects my characters but don't break other characters at the same time.

In case you still wonder, the idea would be to reserve a number of thigns and states for the players. Then you just allocate them for every character loaded, and when using players, use those slots instead of the original ones.

Actually it would be good to put the default player states and the thing in those slots, and actually make players don't use the normal slots at all. Would make the code easier (as you'll know you'll always use those special slots), as well as making sure players can't break each other.

SSNTails said:
Sprites are the same. The only difference is that there are some extra sprites added onto the end:

PLAYc0 - Monitor sprite with your character's face on it
PLAYd0 - Monitor sprite with 'static'
PLAYe0 - 1up Icon (16x14) of your character's face (basically what's showing on the monitor in PLAYc0)
PLAYf0 - Level end sign with your character's face on it
Team Rebellion for 1.1 here we come! Well, when 1.1 is released, that is.

A spinstate and jumpstate variable for the S_SKIN would be neat. That way, you could change the amount of frames in a jump, or completely change what happens when that button is pressed.

Yep. And, if there were variables for other things, like runstate, you could completely sidestep half the problems with the current setup of having one thing affect all characters.

SSNTails said:
PLAYc0 - Monitor sprite with your character's face on it
PLAYd0 - Monitor sprite with 'static'
PLAYe0 - 1up Icon (16x14) of your character's face (basically what's showing on the monitor in PLAYc0)
PLAYf0 - Level end sign with your character's face on it

If change the monitor static box like a SA box, only will change the 1up box static?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back