1.08 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, It works for digital, too. But in digital mode, that slider is a percentage of the Sound Effects slider. You'll probably want it all the way to the right when using digital.

No. I mean that when you set it to something OTHER than the right, it seems as if to go back to the right when the music changes. But, I go into options / sound vol aGAIN, and, it's still there. I move it a teeny weeny bit, and it's as if the music volume is there.

My diagnosis is that you have two variables: One for the slider value, one for the actual music volume. When you change the slider, it sets the music volume var to the slider value var. But, in the change music subroutine, I think it changes the vol back to max again. Try setting a statement that says to change the actuall volume to the slider value in that subroutine.

Hey, I've done SOME programming, too ya know.

ok, because im a dumbass and i didnt realise the exhistance of this thread, i posted a message in the general forum, well, ignore that (if it isnt too late) and heres the glitch/whatever

host a chaos netgame, set so that you need 1 point to win

start a new 1 player game, kill an enemy and vola! you completed the level

you can just do this through all the levels except the 1st 2 bosses

which are easy to kill anyhow, just get near the boss and spin attack, the boss will just sit there doing the pain frames then will eventually die

so using these methods, its possible to complete the game in under a minute, thus unlocking 2 of the secrets

and 1 more thing, gravity should really be set as a cheat apart from on netplay as it can be used to help get the vast majority of sonics emblems

now have fun completing the game in a very very cheap and nasty way

That is great. I knew about that bug (it's already fixed for 1.09), but hadn't thought to use it the way you did.

theres also a glitch with game loading while on netplay, if you load a game, you'll be able to change your character on the game you saved, thus allowing you to get all the emeralds with someone easy like knuckles (who on that note is a little too good, i toned him down a bit on my game) then switch to sonic and have all emeralds e.t.c.

There are 4 bugs that i found out:

1.In GFZ1, right where you start, the little slope, if you step on the edge,
you don't balance.

2.In map81(Dual fortress), there's a GFZROCK teture
SRB2000.jpg

3.When you break a monitor, and spindash under it(wait till it respawns),
then you press the "up" button, Sonic(Tails or Knux or any spindashing char)is standing and breaking boxes.

SRB2005.jpg

SRB2008.jpg

4.In Tets Base zone, when you break a attractive monitor, it's red.

Have you guys fixed that bug where SRB2 suddenly locks up and says "openGL failed to initialize" which erases all data. It's really quite annoying.

I notcied something. Everyone knows that Tails can run on water, right? Well, I found out that he can run on any FOF, tangible or no. I have an invisible, intanginble FOF in my level. For the record, it has per sector gravity. I give Tails speed shoes, and he can run across it as if it was water. Now, this isn't good, as that FOF is meant to be a one way barrier, not to run across. This is a 2D level if it matters. I've managed to find a workaround by making it so he can't have speed shoes up there, but I don't want to take any risks.

Here's something interesting.

Open up the console. Type PLAYERSPEED -1
Then, go into your options. Sep the BACKPEDAL key to UP. Then, set the FORWARD key to DOWN.

Go into any given level, and you can move about twice as fast. Cool, eh?

When you type HELP in the command line, it displays a list of actions you can do in the command line, right?
There's an action called 'Shadow'. I type 'shadow on', and the program crashes with a message box saying 'W_GetNumForNameL SHADOW not found!

Would this count as a bug?
(Sorry if this is repeated.)

yes , it seem to be that we forget to check if SHADOW data exist before asking for non-exist data

Oh, if you want to play with the SHADOW thing, just insert a graphic called SHADOW. It's a really crummy shadow underneath the player in software mode that I was mucking around with.

Well, it might need to be a flat called SHADOW.... I forget.

Sorry if this was repeated, but, when I try to start a 2-player Tag game in Tag Valley, the game crashes with a popup saying 'Not enough starts on this map'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back