• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

06 Sonic Model (BestSonicModel.md2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
Do not port non-reusable content without getting permission first
So I found a Sonic 06 model, and I ported it to 2.2 (halfway)

it has 2.1 compatiblility and 2.2 compatiblility is almost done
when i find the 06 model creator ima ask for their permission to publish it
also for the first image he has a life icon, its just thats from before i put it in
Post automatically merged:

updated it to have super animations and need to make it change color, anyone know how

Attachments

• srb20088.png
    srb20088.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,659
  • srb20089.png
    srb20089.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 479
  • srb20090.png
    srb20090.png
    253 KB · Views: 568
  • srb20091.png
    srb20091.png
    542.8 KB · Views: 364
Last edited by a moderator:
Uh you know you have to ASK first before doing anything to the model right. Pretty sure these aren't reusable

Bruh.......

You need the creator's permission first, and then port them and make the thread. :worry:

I don't really see what the hype is with porting high-poly models to SRB2, normally I don't mind models, but in the case of models from most other games they generally tend to look really out of place because if they're on their own then they don't blend in with any sprites or anything, it looks awkward seeing a higher poly sonic in the middle of a bunch of crawla sprites.

I don't really see what the hype is with porting high-poly models to SRB2, normally I don't mind models, but in the case of models from most other games they generally tend to look really out of place because if they're on their own then they don't blend in with any sprites or anything, it looks awkward seeing a higher poly sonic in the middle of a bunch of crawla sprites.
People always want high poly models, and the reason is: tHeY lOoK cOoL.

Anyway, i agree with this comment. :ohsnap:

i said i was gonna ask
Then you haven't asked, and therefore you don't have permission! If you don't get permission to port non-reusable mods, that is plagiarism, and we take that very seriously. Even screenshots of plagiarized content are not acceptable.

Hey, so first off, you shouldn't have ported this without permission. Second, from what I can see from the screenshots, there are definitely some problems. In the first screenshot, there's a problem with the life icon, obviously. I've encountered this before when I used to port models. (that were reusable, mind you) The problem is that you don't have an SPR2_LIFE animation, and because of that, the game uses the SPR2_STND animation. To fix this, just make an SPR2_LIFE animation and make a life icon. But since you've already done the work and merging a life icon would mean flattening it on every frame of every animation except SPR2_LIFE, you could just flatten everything on SPR2_LIFE. There won't be a life icon at all, but hey, it's better than having another Sonic. Another thing is that the animations look shoddy from what I can see. That SPR2_RIDE animation is... questionable. His arms aren't bent at all, neither are his fists curled. I get that can be hard, especially with high poly models, but I still gotta point it out. Getting curled fists to look right on high poly models can be hard but I've done it before, and it's better than just having open fists. In conclusion, please don't port things without the creator's permission. (or at least keep it private until you do get their permission)

Try to ask permission from the creator first before porting anything. Once you've done that, however, to make it change color, you need to have a _blend png file. For example, if the regular textures for Sonic are SONIC.png then the blend would be called SONIC_blend.png. What do you put in there, you may ask? Basically the skin/fur of Sonic (so the blue parts in this case) only, in black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back