SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Scaler - Size customizer Details »»
Scaler - Size customizer
Version: 1.6, by Revenge_of_Shadow (Still crushes in mobians.) Revenge_of_Shadow is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2021

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 11-02-2020 Last Update: 11-03-2020 Favourites: 1
Scripts

Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	41275
Does anyone remember Metal Madness? Does anyone remember tiny Sonic? Well, you can go small again now, thanks to Tails' invention based on Sonic's stories he heard. And big as well. Why exactly is it cool? It allows you to explore level even more.

Name:	Shrimp2.gif
Views:	282
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	41277 Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	248
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	41281.
Also, because of the very physics + some of my exaggeration, scale of the character changes his speed.

Name:	srb20003.gif
Views:	212
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	41282
Usage: No matter what are you doing, you can hold Spin button for five seconds to activate Tails' gadget and change size. First you go tiny (0.25x), then normal, then huge (4x), then go back to normal size. Hold button for a longer time to keep changing.
Console usage: resizeplayer <integer size> :

Name:	srb20008.gif
Views:	206
Size:	6.52 MB
ID:	41283
set any value of size, normal is 65536. Keep in mind, that it may cause bugs because of arithmetic operations.
doresize <boolean> : write "true" or "false" as variable to turn on/off resize operation. Helpful, if you are charging serious spindash or using somebody as Bandages.
getspeed: debug command. You can use it only to test whether did you screw the game or not.
resetscaler: if something goes way bad, use this. It will reset player to normal, vanilla data. I am very sorry.
Also works with other mods!

Name:	Screenshot_20201102-071220.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	41280

For some reason just does not work on netgames... NOT! It is fixed now. Almost.

Version 1.6: Major bug fix.

Download Now

File Type: lua L_Scaler_v1_6.lua (4.9 KB, 21 views)

Screenshots

Name:	BigBoy.png
Views:	161
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	41276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultrathicc.gif
Views:	163
Size:	4.97 MB
ID:	41278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrimp.gif
Views:	118
Size:	7.50 MB
ID:	41279  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 11-02-2020   #2
Revenge_of_Shadow
Still crushes in mobians.

Ah, yeah. Thanks to Golden, Tatsuru, jmas, Nightwolf, jmas, Self-Propelled Bot, Niko, Lord of the Shrimp Zolton, Gomiken and others for the huge help and tons of explanations. Honestly, they have all the rights for this code i have. Thank you all!
Old 11-03-2020   #3
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020   #4
Simon_T
Pyro the Setsuna Fan

Tails basically invented the Sonic's world counterpart of the Pym Particles :0
Old 11-03-2020   #5
Revenge_of_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
Tails basically invented the Sonic's world counterpart of the Pym Particles :0
Probably. Tails in Sonic Robo Blast is sorta underrated, so i wanted to lift him up.
Old 11-03-2020   #6
Haxa

When I first saw this mod, I was very excited because I've been looking for a shrinking mod to do a challenging playthrough as a tiny character. The issue I have is that when I change my size, rather than my speed scaling depending on my size (e.g. the smaller I am, the slower I move vs the larger I am, the faster I move) it seems glitchy and random. My character either goes so slow they're practically running in place, or moves so fast that they're hard to control. Even if I reset my player's size, the glitchy speed persisted. I also noticed weird interactions with slopes if my speed was really high, where I'd get stuck going up them.

I really love this mod in concept, and could get many more hours of playtime with this game out of it. As far as suggestions go, I think with the speed values fixed and slope interactions, this mod would be incredibly fun to play around with. If possible, maybe a setspeed command so people can have more customization.

Last edited by Haxa; 11-03-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Haxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020   #7
Revenge_of_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxa View Post
When I first saw this mod, I was very excited because I've been looking for a shrinking mod to do a challenging playthrough as a tiny character. The issue I have is that when I change my size, rather than my speed scaling depending on my size (e.g. the smaller I am, the slower I move vs the larger I am, the faster I move) it seems glitchy and random. My character either goes so slow they're practically running in place, or moves so fast that they're hard to control. Even if I reset my player's size, the glitchy speed persisted. I also noticed weird interactions with slopes if my speed was really high, where I'd get stuck going up them.

I really love this mod in concept, and could get many more hours of playtime with this game out of it. As far as suggestions go, I think with the speed values fixed and slope interactions, this mod would be incredibly fun to play around with. If possible, maybe a setspeed command so people can have more customization.
Oh. I dunno. I worked for a week with this mod, i don't even know why is wrong. Do you use vanilla characters?

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

1_1 update: fixed button-controlled resize.
Old 11-03-2020   #8
Haxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge_of_Shadow View Post
Oh. I dunno. I worked for a week with this mod, i don't even know why is wrong. Do you use vanilla characters?

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

1_1 update: fixed button-controlled resize.
Yes, everything is vanilla besides the mod. I went and recorded some movies of the issues I was having to see if maybe you have any idea what could be happening.

https://i.imgur.com/sDDgSqO.mp4
This one shows the extremely high speed of the 0.25x scale character, as well as the slope interaction it has.

https://i.imgur.com/aE4ncOl.mp4
In this one, for some reason the resizeplayer command doesn't work for the first two integers, but only on the third does.

https://i.imgur.com/H6P1ZC8.mp4
This is half scale, and the speed seems to be working decently, but I have a gigantic shadow for some reason, and the shadow remained no matter how much I scaled up or down.

https://i.imgur.com/YcG6Up8.mp4
In this one, I wanted to show a glitch I haven't mentioned yet. When you're very small, your character gets teleported all around the map for some reason if you stand still.

Last edited by Haxa; 11-03-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Haxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020   #9
Revenge_of_Shadow

1.1 update: fixed spin hold resize. To do : fix tiny Sonic and Tails flight call. Fix Opengl shadows.
Old 11-04-2020   #10
Pyrakid Wolfo

welp these commands are pretty tough, resizing is somewhat glitchy, but cool mod.
Old 11-04-2020   #11
Mari0XS0nicGamer
My Name is Jeff :P

I like to report a bug, I accidentally make the size 1000 and it bugs out, but when I got out of it when I use resetscaler, but this happened

But when you Be 1, 10, 100, 1000, or 1000+, if you stop running, you'll move so quickly that you broke the game until you use resetscaler.

Last edited by Mari0XS0nicGamer; 11-04-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Mari0XS0nicGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020   #12
Mr.Siphon
Do YoU bElIeVe In GrAvItY?

Neat, very nice
Mr.Siphon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020   #13
TeriosSonic
Cheese Cheeser

To my knowledge, braking breaks in really low scales, no matter what you do. This is a game bug, and as such is unfixable.
TeriosSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020   #14
FoxDude
lazy person

just use the scale console command that's already in the game, this mod is nearly pointless but it's cool and you took effort to do it, so i respect it. (i cant do any better lol)
Old 11-17-2020   #15
Revenge_of_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDude View Post
just use the scale console command that's already in the game, this mod is nearly pointless but it's cool and you took effort to do it, so i respect it. (i cant do any better lol)
See, I began this mod earlier than i found out this command. But i made it as a gameplay part and made it a little more interesting feature.
Old 11-18-2020   #16
Cole207

When I use Scaler Commands in version 1.3, this happened.

I can't move and the speed is lowered until you change your skin.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scalerbug.gif
Views:	1640
Size:	6.68 MB
ID:	42318  

"an unexpected turn of events."
Cole207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020   #17
>Ace9668
>ACE

Any chance that you can add a command to change the length of time required to hold the button down?
>Ace9668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020   #18
Extem the Hedgeho

The purple gem from '06. Now all we need is an infinite jump.
Extem the Hedgeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020   #19
Damianaman

kirby consume

(i do not know how to put gifs here)
Old 12-03-2020   #20
Black Crewmate
Black crewmate

Default This lua is the best one!

With neo sonic modern sonic and toei(and probably more characters) just breaks the speeds and they go nyooom...ehm...the lua is cool