[Open Assets] SA1-style HUD

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Simple little HUD mod that replaces the stage title, time, rings and lives displays, as well as hiding score, to make it look a bit more like Sonic Adventure.

It also has its own boss meter. Unlike other boss meter addons, it tries to only show the boss you're actively fighting for maps with more than one boss.

Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwPs4aa_o3DsaDNKdFRfVXNTaG8/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 4,775
  • 2.png
    2.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 4,011
  • 3.gif
    3.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 3,047
  • 4.gif
    4.gif
    994.2 KB · Views: 2,407
  • sahud.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,530
Last edited:
A very nifty addon! Awesome fix with the whole boss HP thing! It was a pleasant surprise to see its compatibility for custom characters as well...sorta!

Welcome to Release!

I suggest editing Title cards to be more like the Loading screens from SA1/2, and changing the End level screen to be more like the Mission Complete screen, with everything in the boxes and stuff. And maybe also edit the Special Stage HUD.

Oh my god I love this.

It brings all the nostalgia back, especially that boss health bar. I do have to ask, where can I find that Mecha Sonic boss fight?

I suggest editing Title cards to be more like the Loading screens from SA1/2, and changing the End level screen to be more like the Mission Complete screen, with everything in the boxes and stuff. And maybe also edit the Special Stage HUD.

End tally cannot be edited by Lua, at all. If I can't do it right, I'm not doing it at all.

I don't plan to implement either old SS or NiGHTS HUDs; old SS isn't really supported by SRB2 anymore, and NiD isn't a game mode in SA1 :p

Title cards, though? Maybe!

I do have to ask, where can I find that Mecha Sonic boss fight?

That screenshot was taken in Boss Mayhem

This is a very nice hud, but I wish it supported the translucenthud command.

It's impossible; I use drawFill a lot, and the ring red flash couldn't work unless if I could read translucenthud's value

That doesn't tell me what the actual value is, that just sets a patch's translucency to match it. I can't make a patch set to a translucency that's always higher than V_HUDTRANS

Last edited:
What do you convert the life icons (.PNG) into to get them to show the correct/change palette (like when Super) in-game? I want to add in Shadow, Amy and Metal Sonic life icons.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back