<SeventhSentinel> OH GOD THE TITLE SCREEN IS SO CREEPY
<SeventhSentinel> JESUS
<SeventhSentinel> PLEASE DON'T KEEP THAT IN
<SeventhSentinel> I LITERALLY ALMOST SCREAMED
<TehRealSalt> I AM ANIME
<TehRealSalt> UGUUU
<TehRealSalt> UGGUUUUUU

xdYt07u.png

Shut Up and Get On It was a community project meant to encourage people to make a level. Any kind of level, without worry of quality or how your level would measure up against others! With 30 total maps, this far exceeded my expectations for entries. I hope you all enjoy experiencing playing this as much as I did working on this! Please avoid spoiling anything in your posts. This got way more secrets than anticipated, so put secret/finale discussion in spoilers. Please try to avoid giving flat-out directions to everything too, unless if asked for.

Back of the box phrases:
  • 30 levels in total from 25 different contributors, with 1 final boss map, 2 secret maps, and a hub map!
  • Progress tracking via emblems, so that you can put it down and finish it later!
  • Special netgame attention! Maps beaten get used as makeshift emblems, and there's a map voting system!
  • Two different endings, based on a complex morality rating system!
  • 45 total emblems, for people who like to complete everything!

I must give special thanks to these fine individuals as well:
  • JStheguy, for making the SUGOI Team intro graphic.
  • Prime 2.0 and toaster, for coding assistance.
  • Zipper, for making the spectacular final boss for my incompetent ass.
  • Boinciel, for making all the secret levels (on accident), as well as writing, acting, and filmography.
  • MonsterIestyn, Sorry For Putting Up With My Antics and Fixing All Those EXE-side Glitches and Crashes for 2.1.16

MAP03 - Groggy Gale Zone (TehRealSalt)
Music: "Mountain Journey" by Supergoose (https://modarchive.org/module.php?52496)

MAP04 - Skytop Zone (Glaber)
Music: "Mysticism" by Necros/PM (https://modarchive.org/module.php?48433)
Sprites: Old Drilla by SSNTails
Coding: Prime 2.0 and toaster for creating the Lua script

MAP08 - Contaminated Water Zone (MK.exe)
Music: Unknown, retrieved from "Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Hard Bosses Edition"

MAP09 - Nightlight Ruins Zone (Steel Titanium)
Music: "Entry Into The Crater Part 1" from Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode 4
Textures: SRB2 Asset Pack

MAP10 - Robotnik Park Zone (FuriousFox)
Sprites: Bumper sprites by Blade
Music: "Pleasure Castle ...for Twinkle Park" from Sonic Adventure
Special Thanks: MotorRoach for supplying the balloon pop sprites from Sonic 3

MAP11 - Aquatic Corridors Zone (*icefox*avp*)
Music: "Waves" by kid pixel ( )

MAP12 - Overgrown Castle Zone (Chaobrother)
Music: "Fillmore Act-1" from Actraiser

MAP13 - Lilac Conservatory Zone (RoyKirbs)
Music: "Marshmallow Castle" from Kirby Super Star

MAP14 - Sunset Ruins Zone 1 (Hedgefox)
Music: "Beta Aquatic Ruin (Neo Green Hill Zone)" from Sonic the Hedgehog 2

MAP15 - Sunset Ruins Zone 2 (Hedgefox)
Music: "Danger (Approaching Boss)" from Kirby Triple Deluxe, and "Boss 2" from Sonic 3D Blast

MAP16 - Lavender World Zone (CarlosGamer72)
Music: "Jumper" by Waterflame

MAP17 - Sky Labyrinth Zone (Tripel the fox)
Music: "Act 1" from Sonic Labyrinth
Coding: Tripel the fox for the original script, toaster for tweaking it

MAP18 - Fiery Volcano (Monster Psychic Cat)
Music: By JexuBandicoot527

MAP19 - Mine Maze Zone (RomioTheBadass)
Enemy: Drilla taken from Glaber's SRB2 The Past

MAP20 - End of Time (Duon)
Boss: Derived from SOC by Morph and Thompson
Music (Cutscene): "void" by nutcase (https://modarchive.org/module.php?169697)
Music (Level): "Heaven of Pain" by MADOKAN (https://modarchive.org/module.php?44352)

MAP21 - Cute Ice (Zipper)
Music: "REMNANT" from Megadimension Neptunia Victory II

MAP22 - Robotnik Laboratory Zone 1 (Manimi)
Music: "Mechanical Resonance ...for Final Egg" from Sonic Adventure
Sprites: By strikezee

MAP23 - Robotnik Laboratory Zone 2 (Manimi)
Music: "Bullet Station" from Sonic Heroes

MAP24 - Fudge Canyon Zone (VAdaPEGA)
Music (Easter Egg): From Soup 0.9

MAP25 - Orbital Complex Zone (Knux576)
Music: "Okta-xy-geen" by Skaven252 (https://modarchive.org/module.php?71907)
Textures: Spherallic for the skybox flat

MAP26 - Gravity Well Zone (Goldenhog)
Music: "Galactical Galaxies" from Speedy Gonzales in Los Gatos Bandidos

MAP27 - Kodachrome Void Zone (Boinciel)
Music: "Overscan" by Andreas Bilke (https://modarchive.org/module.php?158049)
Special Thanks: MonsterIestyn for fixing texture/flat animation bugs for 2.1.15, inspired by the Doom level "Dada" by Scientist (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/d-f/dada01)

MAP28 - The Grand Finale (Zipper)
Music (Level): "Continuous Hits" from Megadimension Neptunia Victory II
Music (Boss): "Purple Heart's Theme" from Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3
Music (Dogoo): "Game Over" from Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth
Special Thanks: Boinciel, for Boin things

MAP29 - Garanz Site 16 (Boinciel)
Music (OGG): "Mystic Forest" from Umineko: When They Cry
Music (MIDI): "Jungle ~A Lush Load~" from Phantasy Star Online

MAPA0 - Teleport Station (TehRealSalt)
Music: "bump-n-knock" by phaser (https://modarchive.org/module.php?116891)

Additional Credits:
Graphics (Title Screen): Background from Super Castlevania IV
Music (Title Screen): "Dracula Battle" from Super Castlevania IV
Music (Credits): "Void Glide" by Gargoyle (https://modarchive.org/module.php?43717)
Music (~True Ending~): "Hellraiser ~The Mastermind Behind The Scheme~" from Megadimension Neptunia Victory II

v1.2:
  • Fixed a very catastrophic mapping error in Robotnik Laboratory 1 that caused wall scrolling thinkers being applied to almost every linedef in the map. This would crash the host when someone tried joining during this level.
  • A really quick port of the fake cecho system from SUBARASHII has been added to replace the actual cechos. This fixes unlock messages being red after End of Time, and removes any chance of console errors about cechos popping up.
  • Mine Maze's level select picture has been updated, at the request of the author.
  • Lavender World's lavender grass flat was previously an invalid size. This caused no apparent side-effects in game, but it has been replaced with a properly sized version.
  • Fixed the 50 Big Ring and the HHH having their despawn behaviors flipped around. (Previously, the 50 Big Ring would despawn if Area X was unlocked, while the HHH would despawn in Match.)
  • A Lua hook for the Elemental Shield from another add-on that accidentally made it's way into the file has been removed.
  • The mod is now wadzipped, reducing the file size by a fair chunk.

v1.1:
  • A new cvar has been added: "useemblems". Setting this to "no" will force the game to use the multiplayer/modified game method of tracking maps beaten and not unlocking the same gates between files (at the cost of maps beaten not being saved due to limitations for Lua/save game interactions). Useful for replaying the game without deleting your gamedata.
  • A cvar from an old dev version returns (and this time actually working), "votetime"! This lets you set how many seconds the voting timer lasts; you can also set it to 0 to have it last until everyone has put in their vote, or set it to -1 to have it skip voting and go straight to the map picked.
  • If you're pressing anything during the first ten tics when a vote starts, input will now get ignored until you stop pressing anything. This helps prevent accidentally voting when someone starts a vote unexpectedly in a netgame.
  • Nightlight Ruins has been heavily extended. It's nearly twice as long now!
  • Robotnik Park now has sexy new bumper sprites, courteousy of Blade!
  • The button that opens the exit in Contaminated Water has been made a bit more obvious; it now has more metal flowers around it, a different texture, and lowers when you press it.
  • Gravity Well's had its gravity strength made to be much more lenient in areas where you were required to spindash, for the sake of staying future-proof.
  • Kodachrome Void has additional extra lives in various, very evil spots. Most of the pure black walls have also been made unclimbable.
  • A couple of platforms in Groggy Gale had been moved around and adjusted.
  • Slight adjustments to The Grand Finale; you now get rings on spawn in netgames (the amount scales with players) and the BonusType is now Boss instead of ERZ3.
  • Unlocking Garanz Site 16 now highlights the "F" on the mulitplayer progress bar with yellow, and has a multiplayer cecho.
  • Garanz Site 16 is now possible to access from the hub in Race mode.
  • Fixed a grass flat bleeding into a couple other sectors in Skytop. Not really sure how, I just moved a couple vertices around, but it's fixed so
  • A couple of lines have been made unclimbable in Teleport Station.
  • Moved a couple of monitors in Sunset Ruins 1 that were sitting on top of torches.
  • Moved two rings that were stuck in a pit in Retro Hill 1.
  • Act number was removed from Aquatic Corridors, at the request of the creator.
  • I didn't properly store player names for the voting hud, so if the person who started it left mid-vote you'd get an error message! Now properly checks for player.valid, stores the name for when the player leaves, and has a backup easter egg string if all these fail for whatever reason.
  • A kind of small, slightly secretive extra that unlocks on 100% completion. This is gamedata compatible, so if you've already gotten all emblems then you can go right for it!

v1.0:
  • Initial release.

Records Site 16: http://records.srb2.org/maps.php?pack=4

This mod is compressed with wadzip to make downloading it as easy as possible.

Attachments

• MAP04 - Skytop Zone.png
    MAP04 - Skytop Zone.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 10,143
  • MAP10 - Robotnik Park Zone.png
    MAP10 - Robotnik Park Zone.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 9,954
  • MAP13 - Lilac Conservatory Zone.png
    MAP13 - Lilac Conservatory Zone.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 9,580
  • MAP21 - Cute Ice.png
    MAP21 - Cute Ice.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 9,291
  • MAPA0 - Teleport Station.png
    MAPA0 - Teleport Station.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 9,334
  • sugoi_v1-2.zip
    30 MB · Views: 19,421
Last edited by a moderator:
Incredibly happy with how this turned out. You all did a great job on your levels, and I'm proud of this pack as a whole.

Welcome to anime!

Last edited:
Guys who even is Iceman4O4 still, I hate this submeme so much please kill me

Also tfw glaber makes an exemplary map for when someone asks "how do slopes change anything?", 2016 is a weird year

Its very beautiful, To see how many srb2 spriters and mappers and more, Made this mode together. I think it is one of the best wads i ever saw, Great job

This is beautiful. A good 2 hours well spent. Thanks for the fun guys! :0

I'm Glad this is finally released, I Can finally explore all of the levels the other guys made, This must be one of the greatest SRB2 Community Projects, Good job guys .

I wasn't invited and I'm pissed. Just kidding.

This is really nicely done, and the hub world just amazes me. But whoever made the Sonic Labyrinth like stage really never played Sonic Labyrinth.

I noticed a change in my map Lavender World Zone, the token has been replaced with a giant ring, why? :I

I love this level pack, but I have a HUGE nitpick:

The spot that, the orange emerald appears in Robotnik Park seems impossible to get into. You're bouncing around the room SO much that you have to go to soild floor and try to jump and hope you make it in, and that doesn't seem to change much that way either. Even as Tails and Knuckles. Other than that, Awesome job everyone!

Looking at the credits, I'm noticing an error, SSN Tails had nothing to do with Neo Drilla's Sprites. Neo Drilla's sprites were mine with only the tank treads taken from the modern Crawla.

I even have the work sheet here:
Drilla%20Reborn.png

Unless SSNTails did a whole new set of sprites I wasn't aware of. (My sprite is also seen in one of the preview pictures)

(The name Neo Drilla was chosen to differentiate from from the Classic Drilla seen in Mine Maze)

That is referencing back when you used the old Drilla; since you still use one in an area, it's still not technically wrong.

I'll make it be more specific with that, or move it over to the credits for Mine Maze as it uses them more extensively.

Last edited:
Considering I have 2 Drilla types in the map, yea. that would be a good idea.

Also I found a visual glitch in my map that wasn't present during play testing.
srb20000_2.png

Last edited:
I noticed a change in my map Lavender World Zone, the token has been replaced with a giant ring, why? :I

This is due to a change in the way Emeralds are collected in SUGOI. Several levels in the pack had tokens in them, so 7 were chosen to be replaced with actual Emeralds, while the rest got big rings.

Wow. To day is a big day for SRB2 haha.

Great to see the active community make these maps! Looks like im going to have a long alone time with this mod ;)

Well, it didn't take me long to realize that I love this. Congratulations to everybody who worked on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back