SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

[Srb2Heroes] Team Pony Details »»
[Srb2Heroes] Team Pony
Version: 1.0, by Demnyx Onyxwing (Wishes to change his name) Demnyx Onyxwing is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 06-07-2016 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Characters Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

Ever want some colorful horses in a Sonic game (or a fan game)? And you wanted them in a team? Alright, here you go.

This is strictly for SRB2 Heroes. Use without will not work.
Though, if you do have a version of the WAD with all the necessary Lua ripped for the teams to work, then this will work just fine.

This team consists of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack, each being Speed, Fly, and Power respectively.

Spoiler: Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash, being a Speed type, naturally runs pretty fast. She can use her Homing Attack to easily take out enemies. She does not have the Light Dash ability.

Spoiler: Fluttershy
Fluttershy can use her wings to carry her teammates across gaps.

Spoiler: Applejack
Applejack is able to break all kinds of breakable walls, but is not able to glide or climb. Instead she has a jump thok. She can break walls by either running into them or using her ability.

Spoiler: All three ponies are colorable.

Spoiler: There are two version of this WAD:

One with the normal HUD icons (Team_Pony):

And one with the old HUD icons (Team_Pony_Alt):

Dropbox Links:
Team_Pony
Team_Pony_Alt

Credits:
Original Character WADs by Sutekh94 (akb778)
Sprites by urimas on DeviantART
Tripel the Fox for the Team Lua template

Download Now

File Type: zip Team_Pony.zip (380.2 KB, 1133 views)
File Type: zip Team_Pony_Alt.zip (382.6 KB, 685 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 06-15-2016   #2
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Welcome to releases!
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016   #3
Demnyx Onyxwing
Wishes to change his name

I might fiddle with some of their stats, even though this is gonna get kicked under the rug like Eggmanese was.

Last edited by Demnyx Onyxwing; 06-18-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: I grammar goodly.
Demnyx Onyxwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #4
Kiylo
Just a dope on the net :V

the bravery it took to post something people will cringe at you for .... i respect you
Sushikins#8440
Kiylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #5
ZeldaisHot
Permanently Banned

No one wanted Ponies in a Sonic game. That's not a troll also like no one really did.

(ZeldaisHot received a warning for this post: Only give constructive criticism.)
ZeldaisHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #6
Burning-Fox
Does not approve of rails.

It bothers me a little bit that this wad seems to be the exception for "criticism" when it comes to sprites. I get they're not yours, but...

There doesn't appear to be any shading in the sprites, only flat colors. While I applaud you for having the guts to upload this at all - more polish could be put into the sprites themselves. Anti-aliasing, adding some kind of 'shine', just in general try not to make them look so flat, and viola, you'll have something very good.
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm a thief.
Burning-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #7
Demnyx Onyxwing
Wishes to change his name

I'm actually amazed this was even accepted. I wasn't really planning to try to submit this, but hey, why not? I can see that the sprites definitely need some polish compared to the game's sprites. I might give it a touch up, eventually.
Demnyx Onyxwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #8
Rafeku
Casual Player

I think that's because in the cartoon(and god please...) they don't have any sort of shading...at all, just flat color
Old 06-20-2016   #9
Flare957
a.k.a. HyperFlare957

This is a pretty solid heroes team. Just one thing that I have a nitpick with;
In the show, Fluttershy could barely hold a single pony, let alone two.

I would've chosen Twilight as the Fly character, but whatever makes you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeku View Post
I think that's because in the cartoon(and god please...) they don't have any sort of shading...at all, just flat color
Well there are the many moments with the lens flares...
Flare957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016   #10
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeku View Post
It only makes them stand out like an eyesore, though. They would fit into the game much more if they had any actual shading and anti alias to go along.

It can go without saying that their sprites do feel a tad small as well.
Old 07-01-2016   #11
Rafeku
Casual Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRoach View Post
It only makes them stand out like an eyesore, though. They would fit into the game much more if they had any actual shading and anti alias to go along.

It can go without saying that their sprites do feel a tad small as well.
I agree with the anti alias(although I couldn't care less, for some reason I like stuff sharp on SRB2. It just fits.) but what's wrong with the no shading? They're not even supposed to be in SRB2. And like I've stated before, they are just flat colored in the cartoon, so what the heck. You saying it's an eyesore, when I look to it there's nothing wrong... It's like asking to put shading on Blu from "Foster Mansion", which is just a blue pe- ghost shaped figure, which again has no shading.( though gameplay wise he wouldn't work... too hard to know what's he doing.)
Old 07-01-2016   #12
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

To get my point across, if I started on a Megaman wad for SRB2, would you rather have me to actually try making him fit into the game's style, or just leave him without any shading just to resemble his NES sprites?

MLP Ponies are not Mr. Game & Watch. Being "flat" is not something that defines their designs at all. In the same fashion, I could take AOSTH Robotnik and put him in SRB2 while giving him black outlines and absolutely no shading because "he has no shading in the cartoon". It's a stupid excuse that sacrifices consistency and actually fitting visuals to the game.
Old 07-01-2016   #13
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Context is important. The sprites on their own are not bad. The problem is that they don't match the style of the game's environment. An appropriate aesthetic for a character wad would have the same shading and outlining style as the rest of SRB2's characters.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016   #14
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

I'd like to say the author (almost definitely) didn't make the sprites. The sprites are from some online My Little Pony fan-game thing, which can help explain the lack of shading, as it wasn't intended for Sonic Robo Blast 2 in the first place.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016   #15
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Did people not read the opening post or something? He credits the original authors and links to the proof of permission right there.

Quote:
Credits:
Original Character WADs by Sutekh94 (akb778)
Sprites by urimas on DeviantART
Tripel the Fox for the Team Lua template
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 07-02-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote