SRB2 v 2.1.18 Patch Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by Rob Tisdell on 05-12-2017 10:56 PM.

Hey all

We weren’t really planning on doing this, but an exploit has been discovered and, unfortunately, been used to crash peoples’ servers and we need to plug the hole.* So we’re releasing version 2.1.18.* Currently it is just* a patch download on the downloads page. * We’re still hard at work on 2.2, and we’re hoping to have stuff for you soon on that front.

Patch notes:

* Netgame fixes:
* Fixed an exploit where malformed packets with invalid node identifiers caused the server to crash.
* Made the server recognise verified admin players’ bans, as opposed to only treating them as unenforced kicks.
* Fixed the fact that the allowteamchange console variable was completely broken, having previously caused both desynchronisations and crashes when switched off.

* Console fixes:
* Fixed an issue where the addfile command was incapable of locating files in subdirectories whilst in netgames.
* Fixed character selection from the command line (and therefore via launchers and level editors) being disabled.
* Fixed the dedicated server console window not handling key combinations involving the Ctrl, Alt or Shift modifier keys.

* Software rendering fixes:
* The game no longer crashes whlst attempting to render certain types of FOF off the top or bottom of the screen.
* Precipitation being off the top or bottom of the screen no longer causes visual artifacting (or, in rare cases, crashes).
* Fixed various issues with the v.DrawFill function. This includes its shoddy handling of V_SNAPTO flags, amongst other quality of life improvements.

* Minor, unrelated fixes:
* Fixed an issue where falling rock hazards could linger in perpetuity after colliding with slopes.
* Fixed a crash caused by Jet Jaw badniks attempting to attack players who had had the “MF_SHOOTABLE” object flag removed through add-ons.
* Fixed a crash caused by attempting to execute the “Call Lua Function” linedef executor with blank fields.
* Fixed an issue where attempting to have more than 10,000 screenshots in your screenshots directory was erroneously allowed.

View on SRB2.org

Neat, now I can effectively disable team changing without having myself get desynched by accident.

Also,
e3aRCwO.png

If you go to that page, the page says
"No mirrors for this file"

Because the 2.1.17 patch was removed to make way for the 2.1.18 patch, I believe.
Also there's a 2.1.17 installer too.

Last edited:
Oh, i didnt saw that there says "2117" in the link

The good thing is:
Anyone can use Mirror 1 and 2

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm really not sure what is causing it. The file that points to the mirrors, to the best of my knowledge, is properly set up, I commented out the random mirror generator for now.

It will be, yes.

But it takes more time to reinstall rather than just patch if you already have the game.

Let me apologise! Since 2.1.15 onwards, I've been handling the preparation of installers for the devteam because I'm basically always around. The last exam of my exam season had just happened when .18 started to become a thing, so I was too busy to make this version's installer for the main release. Now that I'm free of such shackles, it's been created and placed on our non-public file storage, and will be added to the website once the people with the appropriate credidentials get home from work or whatever it is they spend their days doing.

But yeah, Rob is right. There is no reason someone who already has a version of SRB2 from 2.1.15 onwards installed on their machine would download the installer for .18 instead of the patch unless they just wanted to do it for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Welp, the links are now updated. But Mirror 2 and Mirror 3 are missing, can you fix that? Welp, that made me sound like a... spoiled brat, sorry!

Yay! SRB2 2.2 comes a little more closer to completion!
Speaking of which, what is the estimated/approximate/hoped release date for 2.2?

Eh, a patch for the current version usually means the next version isn't ready yet, instead you get critical bugfixes while you wait, else it would've been included in 2.2 ?

Protip: Never expect ANY new version, mod, or addon in the making to be done when you, your friends, or even the developers themselves set some form of a deadline, life is shit, and by default, tend to get in the way of people's lives and prevent them from getting some time to work on projects, especially for this open source free to play kind of mod. It's an objective, but not a required one, especially since no one is, will, or should get paid for doing it.

In the meantime, make a mod yourself, maybe we will know when your mod is done, right? :P

Parkinson's Law. Nobody could reasonably expect a team like this to stick to a predefined schedule, but as a general productivity measure, I hope the devs are at least personally setting goals and dates for themselves. You'll lose perspective of time and a sense of direction otherwise.

when i got the updated ver of srb2 it doesn't work

so when i was done with the installer and tried opening the game it just gives me a error and never works can somebody help me with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back