SRB2 version 2.1.20 patch release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by Rob Tisdell on 01-02-2018 08:51 PM.

Belated happy new year, and thank you for your patience. There wasn’t going to be another of these, but then Windows decided to update and break all our 2.1.19 executables, so guess we’re just going to have to deal.

* Changes with major impact:
* IMPORTANT: SRB2 now detects mouse movement in a much better way. If you’ve been having issues since Windows 10 last updated, this is for you.
* Fixed downloads from servers being dropped whenever someone new attempted to join.
* Fixed several minor compounding issues with resynchronisation in netgames, which may have significant effect.
* Fixed a crash when removing thinkers (mobjects and the like) whilst running thinkers.iterate() in Lua.
* Fixed a crash caused by Lua scripts calling CV_RegisterVar on existing console variable names.
* Modified Lua’s “PlayerSpawn” hook to call its associated functions even if the player spawned at a checkpoint instead of a player start.
* Fixed Linedef type 414 crashing the game if an invalid sound number was supplied somehow.
* Linedef type 8 (Special Sector Properties)’s ability to trigger sector specials by touching sector edges (turned on by the “Peg Midtexture” flag) now works as intended.
* A restartaudio function is now available. If you change audio output device mid-game, run this command in the console and things should be taken care of.
* This isn’t really a code-side thing, but the person you should contact to get a Mod ID in future should be Rob.

* Changes with minor impact:
* Once AGAIN we have tamed the silly springs so they no longer try to jump with the player. They are now only solid to anything they can’t launch.
* Fixed Record Attack demos not recording changes to the player’s scale/size properly, which resulted in ghosts disappearing sometimes if they attempted to grow bigger.
* You can no longer kick or ban players outside of netgames. This means you can’t kick Tails out in Sonic & Tails mode in Single Player, sorry. =) Likewise with Player 2 in splitscreen mode.
* Fixed the Lua function P_FloorzAtPos not considering slopes for normal floors.
* Fixed save games for a custom mod not saving to custom home folder.
* Fixed Linedef types 305-307 (the Character Ability trigger linedef specials) being completely broken.
* Fixed FOFs causing Each Time effects on the ground below to fire.
* Fixed air-bobbing platforms’ undersides performing bizarre, undesired movements.
* Fixed sloped Quicksand and space countdown FOFs. Quicksand now also supports reverse gravity.
* Fixed a bug with being able to go under lava FOFs with slopes, due to the solid lava code not supporting slopes properly. The Lua functions P_CheckSolidLava and P_CanRunOnWater now also support slopes as a result.
* Fixed the TIME/SCORE part of the Single Player/Coop HUD moving position when the tally screen starts if you are using a non-green resolution. Also, the time display at the tally screen no longer limits the minute number to between 0 and 59.
* Fixed OpenGL screenshots appearing greyscale and distorted when taken in the 1366×768 resolution.
* Fixed a Software renderer-only glitch where PolyObject walls could sometimes be seen through level boundaries in other areas, turning anything above and below into HOM or skybox.
* Fixed some OpenGL-only glitches involving sloped FOFs with lighting.
* Fixed MD2 interpolation not working under certain circumstances (particularly if an object’s state has a finite duration normally, but the object has made it infinite instead).

View on SRB2.org

R.I.P kicking Player 2 for shits and giggles, those good times will be missed.

It's good to see the mouse issue is fixed, even if I never encountered that bug.

What's a mod ID?
It's a version number embedded into the SRB2 executable that is sent to the master server for it to report what is the server's version.
Modders can compile SRB2 with a different mod ID, if they want.

It will show as an unknown version due to the number probably not being in the master server's database. You can ask for one if you're making a mod or something.

Used mainly to differentiate versions like for example vanilla SRB2 from TopDown, Kart and even different versions of vanilla SRB2.

For those who use the "PlayerSpawn" Lua hook and would like their functions for that hook not to do something for spawning at starposts (or otherwise to do something special specifically for starposts), I believe the game itself uses player.starposttime to check whether the player has a starpost set or not (0 = no, anything else = yes). So, naturally, we do the same thing in Lua to test this.

So the following code, for example, would print one message if the player spawned at a starpost, and another if they didn't:

Code:
local function pspawntest(player)
	if player.starposttime
		print("Player "+#player+" has just respawned at a starpost!")
	else
		print("Player "+#player+" has just spawned!")
	end
end

addHook("PlayerSpawn", pspawntest)

Hope this helps with your Lua scripting!

(only snag may be that bots don't actually ever respawn at a starpost regardless of this value, though I don't recall if they ever actually activate them themselves anyway)

Um....I don't know if its just me, but for some reason my computer is detecting the patch release as malware. Or something of that nature. Help anyone?

Yeah.
You could do at least one of these:
  • Disable your antivirus (temporally, if you have one)
  • Send a false positive report (if available, so it can be marked as a not malicious file)
  • Exclude the new SRB2 executables from automatic scanning from the antivirus (if you have one)
  • Get Windows SmartScreen to shut up by disabling it temporally or by excluding the executable from its scanning too (if you use Windows)

It's not just you. We've been getting a lot of false positives for 2.1.20 for some reason, and we still haven't tracked down why. The game is clean, regardless.

I await the day when 2.1.21 happens.
By that time, unicorns are resurrected and brought to people as pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back