SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #61
khamo
Thought I create here? No!
 
khamo's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
Welp, had an idea to potentially balance Strike Mode a tiny bit...
Uh oh:
It's the Sonic 2 Nick Arcade Beta all over again...
__________________
Steal or half-assedly port someone else's work isn't going to make you liked from anyone.
khamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #62
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game
 
Daviroll_Limit's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamo View Post
It's the Sonic 2 Nick Arcade Beta all over again...
i understood that reference, you madman
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit (aka: Pc-98 Fan)
"i'm your friendly neighborhood user!"
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #63
Pink Mario
Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
Welp, had an idea to potentially balance Strike Mode a tiny bit...
Uh oh:
haha funni sonic go BONK
this will become as funni as failing tricks

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
Now we enter the realm of absurdity.



---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

it looks like the stomp gives you speed a little
Pink Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #64
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game
 
Daviroll_Limit's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
Greenflower XL?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit (aka: Pc-98 Fan)
"i'm your friendly neighborhood user!"
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #65
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mario View Post
it looks like the stomp gives you speed a little
It doesn't, that's just the normal acceleration.

I have plans to tweak the bonking off walls, but it's there, basically just a new animation (easy to make), and making it not trigger at shallow angles from the wall.

Last edited by The Real Inferno; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:36 PM.
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #66
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game
 
Daviroll_Limit's Avatar
Default

sorry for the question, but: is there a plan to make a video about the full moveset when the character gets completed/released?
I ask this from someone who learns quite slowly from new stuff, so i may need something that isn't going to the MB every 2 seconds
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit (aka: Pc-98 Fan)
"i'm your friendly neighborhood user!"
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account

Last edited by Daviroll_Limit; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:36 PM.
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #67
Pink Mario
Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit View Post
sorry for the question, but: is there a plan to make a video about the full moveset when the character gets completed/released?
I ask this from someone who learns quite slowly from new stuff, so i may need something that isn't going to the MB every 2 seconds
i hope this happens i really want a see a whole vid on it
Pink Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #68
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit View Post
sorry for the question, but: is there a plan to make a video about the full moveset when the character gets completed/released?
I ask this from someone who learns quite slowly from new stuff, so i may need something that isn't going to the MB every 2 seconds
If I can do it, I will, but there WILL also be a list on the MB release post for simplicity sake.
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #69
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game
 
Daviroll_Limit's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
If I can do it, I will, but there WILL also be a list on the MB release post for simplicity sake.
Thank you for that
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit (aka: Pc-98 Fan)
"i'm your friendly neighborhood user!"
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #70
Pink Mario
Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
If I can do it, I will, but there WILL also be a list on the MB release post for simplicity sake.
will it be like the sms video that was fun to watch
Pink Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #71
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mario View Post
will it be like the sms video that was fun to watch
I'd try to format it after those: for I agree, those are fun to watch.

Meanwhile, I just realized this has gone from being Sonic with a stolen Drop Dash, recoded Jump Thrust, and stolen Insta-Shield to being basically what if Alt Sonic and SMS got fused into one character mod.

Even funnier is that of the OG 2 origins for RBSonic (SSonic, my first character mod with Lua, manifested in the form of Strike State, MCSonic (the character mentioned already) is basically the core of everything else), MCSonic has an even earlier history as a 2.1 WAD created by my current main friend group as TFSonic, which is just a bunch of Lua scripts thrown together to make Sonic like he is in Megamix, lol. This is where the victory pose originates from.

All of that came together to make a Sonic that is basically Alt Sonic + SMS.
Hey, at least the controls aren't all over the keyboard.
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #72
Pink Mario
Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
I'd try to format it after those: for I agree, those are fun to watch.

Meanwhile, I just realized this has gone from being Sonic with a stolen Drop Dash, recoded Jump Thrust, and stolen Insta-Shield to being basically what if Alt Sonic and SMS got fused into one character mod.

Even funnier is that of the OG 2 origins for RBSonic (SSonic, my first character mod with Lua, manifested in the form of Strike State, MCSonic (the character mentioned already) is basically the core of everything else), MCSonic has an even earlier history as a 2.1 WAD created by my current main friend group as TFSonic, which is just a bunch of Lua scripts thrown together to make Sonic like he is in Megamix, lol. This is where the victory pose originates from.

All of that came together to make a Sonic that is basically Alt Sonic + SMS.
Hey, at least the controls aren't all over the keyboard.
that fact makes him better then sms already. sms used all the custom buttons, tossflag, normal and main fire and also had cofusing button combos
while this sonic is all on spin and jump and 1 cutsom button
tho this dose make me kinda worry what if this sonic ends up not being able to do one move and doing the other? what im trying to say is that maybe you should have like a sms aid command so the they can see what your doing (tho this is way less confusing) it would help alot
Pink Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #73
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mario View Post
that fact makes him better then sms already. sms used all the custom buttons, tossflag, normal and main fire and also had cofusing button combos
while this sonic is all on spin and jump and 1 cutsom button
tho this dose make me kinda worry what if this sonic ends up not being able to do one move and doing the other? what im trying to say is that maybe you should have like a sms aid command so the they can see what your doing (tho this is way less confusing) it would help alot
I've tested repeatedly. Due to the situational uses of each move on Spin, there isn't a single conflict, just a matter of situation changing what occurs. I get what you mean, though.
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #74
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game
 
Daviroll_Limit's Avatar
Default

honestly hoping that this character is soon to be complete and released, since i can't wait to blast through Sonic speed!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit (aka: Pc-98 Fan)
"i'm your friendly neighborhood user!"
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #75
Pink Mario
Banned
Default

also could you make super jump like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20091.gif
Views:	27
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	43917  
Pink Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #76
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mario View Post
also could you make super jump like this?
That was the plan:
- Be in Strike State.
- Hold back, then hold Spin to crouch.
- Longer you hold Spin, the larger the jump, with an upper cap. You'll flash during this state, faster and faster as you reach the max charge.
- Release Spin to fly upwards, trading Strike State for vertical height.
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #77
Pink Mario
Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
That was the plan:
- Be in Strike State.
- Hold back, then hold Spin to crouch.
- Longer you hold Spin, the larger the jump, with an upper cap. You'll flash during this state, faster and faster as you reach the max charge.
- Release Spin to fly upwards, trading Strike State for vertical height.
so its kinda like the charge jump....
Pink Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #78
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mario View Post
so its kinda like the charge jump....
Yes, exactly that.
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #79
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Made Strike Mode tweaks as of late, here's another RVZ demonstration, with Xian.exe's Speedometer in the bottom left:
The Real Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #80
khamo
Thought I create here? No!
 
khamo's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
Made Strike Mode tweaks as of late, here's another RVZ demonstration, with Xian.exe's Speedometer in the bottom left:
I'm genuinely surprised how well this mod is made from the viewpoint we have now. It's heavily polished and looks really fun to play, despite being another Sonic mod; this feels like a completely different character.

Plus can you give the link to the speed-o-meter?
__________________
Steal or half-assedly port someone else's work isn't going to make you liked from anyone.
khamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.