Resource icon

Scaler - Size customizer

Revenge_of_Shadow

Still crushes in mobians.
Preview.jpg
Does anyone remember Metal Madness? Does anyone remember tiny Sonic? Well, you can go small again now, thanks to Tails' invention based on Sonic's stories he heard. And big as well. Why exactly is it cool? It allows you to explore level even more.
Shrimp2.gif srb20002.gif.
Also, because of the very physics + some of my exaggeration, scale of the character changes his speed.
srb20003.gif
Usage: No matter what are you doing, you can hold Spin button for five seconds to activate Tails' gadget and change size. First you go tiny (0.25x), then normal, then huge (4x), then go back to normal size. Hold button for a longer time to keep changing.
Console usage: resizeplayer <integer size> :
srb20008.gif
set any value of size, normal is 65536. Keep in mind, that it may cause bugs because of arithmetic operations.
doresize <boolean> : write "true" or "false" as variable to turn on/off resize operation. Helpful, if you are charging serious spindash or using somebody as Bandages.
getspeed: debug command. You can use it only to test whether did you screw the game or not.
resetscaler: if something goes way bad, use this. It will reset player to normal, vanilla data. I am very sorry.
Also works with other mods!
Screenshot_20201102-071220.jpg

For some reason just does not work on netgames... NOT! It is fixed now. Almost.​

Version 1.6: Major bug fix.

Attachments

• BigBoy.png
    BigBoy.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 554
  • Ultrathicc.gif
    Ultrathicc.gif
    5 MB · Views: 682
  • Shrimp.gif
    Shrimp.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 499
  • L_Scaler_v1_6.lua
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,754
Last edited:
Ah, yeah. Thanks to Golden, Tatsuru, jmas, Nightwolf, jmas, Self-Propelled Bot, Niko, Lord of the Shrimp Zolton, Gomiken and others for the huge help and tons of explanations. Honestly, they have all the rights for this code i have. Thank you all!

When I first saw this mod, I was very excited because I've been looking for a shrinking mod to do a challenging playthrough as a tiny character. The issue I have is that when I change my size, rather than my speed scaling depending on my size (e.g. the smaller I am, the slower I move vs the larger I am, the faster I move) it seems glitchy and random. My character either goes so slow they're practically running in place, or moves so fast that they're hard to control. Even if I reset my player's size, the glitchy speed persisted. I also noticed weird interactions with slopes if my speed was really high, where I'd get stuck going up them.

I really love this mod in concept, and could get many more hours of playtime with this game out of it. As far as suggestions go, I think with the speed values fixed and slope interactions, this mod would be incredibly fun to play around with. If possible, maybe a setspeed command so people can have more customization.

Last edited:
When I first saw this mod, I was very excited because I've been looking for a shrinking mod to do a challenging playthrough as a tiny character. The issue I have is that when I change my size, rather than my speed scaling depending on my size (e.g. the smaller I am, the slower I move vs the larger I am, the faster I move) it seems glitchy and random. My character either goes so slow they're practically running in place, or moves so fast that they're hard to control. Even if I reset my player's size, the glitchy speed persisted. I also noticed weird interactions with slopes if my speed was really high, where I'd get stuck going up them.

I really love this mod in concept, and could get many more hours of playtime with this game out of it. As far as suggestions go, I think with the speed values fixed and slope interactions, this mod would be incredibly fun to play around with. If possible, maybe a setspeed command so people can have more customization.

Oh. I dunno. I worked for a week with this mod, i don't even know why is wrong. Do you use vanilla characters?

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

1_1 update: fixed button-controlled resize.

Oh. I dunno. I worked for a week with this mod, i don't even know why is wrong. Do you use vanilla characters?

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

1_1 update: fixed button-controlled resize.
Yes, everything is vanilla besides the mod. I went and recorded some movies of the issues I was having to see if maybe you have any idea what could be happening.

https://i.imgur.com/sDDgSqO.mp4
This one shows the extremely high speed of the 0.25x scale character, as well as the slope interaction it has.

https://i.imgur.com/aE4ncOl.mp4
In this one, for some reason the resizeplayer command doesn't work for the first two integers, but only on the third does.

https://i.imgur.com/H6P1ZC8.mp4
This is half scale, and the speed seems to be working decently, but I have a gigantic shadow for some reason, and the shadow remained no matter how much I scaled up or down.

https://i.imgur.com/YcG6Up8.mp4
In this one, I wanted to show a glitch I haven't mentioned yet. When you're very small, your character gets teleported all around the map for some reason if you stand still.

Last edited:
I like to report a bug, I accidentally make the size 1000 and it bugs out, but when I got out of it when I use resetscaler, but this happened
srb20000.gif

But when you Be 1, 10, 100, 1000, or 1000+, if you stop running, you'll move so quickly that you broke the game until you use resetscaler.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, braking breaks in really low scales, no matter what you do. This is a game bug, and as such is unfixable.

just use the scale console command that's already in the game, this mod is nearly pointless but it's cool and you took effort to do it, so i respect it. (i cant do any better lol)

just use the scale console command that's already in the game, this mod is nearly pointless but it's cool and you took effort to do it, so i respect it. (i cant do any better lol)

See, I began this mod earlier than i found out this command. But i made it as a gameplay part and made it a little more interesting feature.

When I use Scaler Commands in version 1.3, this happened.
attachment.php

I can't move and the speed is lowered until you change your skin.

Attachments

• scalerbug.gif
    scalerbug.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 3,928
This lua is the best one!

With neo sonic modern sonic and toei(and probably more characters) just breaks the speeds and they go nyooom...ehm...the lua is cool

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back