Nintendo 3DS Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably it's bigger for a higher-capacity flash memory chip. After all, if you are using sprites for whatever reason, you have to store basically twice as much data for the 3D effect.

Considering we can fit 32gb on something smaller than a SIM card (aka Micro SD) you'd think they'd be smaller now, not bigger.

3D on a portable console without glasses? I can only think of epileptic attacks and visual damage. :P

Purple color: I'll be getting the purple one and painting the top green in honor of both my GBC's. I loooooooooooved the clone trick in Pokémon RBY.

Big memchip: If 32Gigs fit on a microSD, imagine what we'll be able to store on something this size!

No glasses 3D: slider to turn it off, and I bet it'll go the way of those Sony TVs that were supposed to do that... glasses.

Display purposes.

This isn't the first time they've done. Hopefully, they change their mind and add the colors to the family. :)

I want a hot pink one!

... Nah, just kidding. I want a blue one. Anyway, this seems awesome! An Analog stick?! On a DS?! Wow! ...But it's not really a stick. More like a touchpad.

Also of interest in the VentureBeat piece: Iwata says that the 3D tech in the system has been prototyped on the GameCube and the Game Boy Advance. Just imagine! There's an alternate reality where the Wii has six dimensions duct-taped together.
Instead of going with the rumored Nvidia Tegra chip to power the display in the 3DS, Nintendo has chosen a product from Digital Media Professionals. The Japanese hardware company announced last night that its PICA200 chip was selected by Nintendo as the GPU in the Nintendo 3DS.

DMP boasts that the 200MHz chip can provide 15.3 million polygons a second, 800 million pixels a second, and can perform alpha blending, full-scene antialiasing, and other features that sound like they make nice graphics.
Nintendo is hyping the crap out of me.

Oh, so the 3D isn't new afterall
http://www.joystiq.com/

Now if only SEGA could make a new system that hyped players as much as the 3DS hypes us.

Instead of going with the rumored Nvidia Tegra chip to power the display in the 3DS, Nintendo has chosen a product from Digital Media Professionals. The Japanese hardware company announced last night that its PICA200 chip was selected by Nintendo as the GPU in the Nintendo 3DS.

DMP boasts that the 200MHz chip can provide 15.3 million polygons a second, 800 million pixels a second, and can perform alpha blending, full-scene antialiasing, and other features that sound like they make nice graphics.

I don't know what they're saying, but that sounds awesome.

Purple and Gold are apparently just for display, and won't be sold.

I'm going to cry now. *sniff*

Well, a lot of the time. New colors are made when a new revision comes out. Or even when the system has been out for a while.

Bad news is, it auto-updates, making piracy more difficult this time around...

This is bad news? Its actually pretty good as tons of developers have said they're games don't sell. One example is GTA:China Town Wars. It landed on the top pirated games for the DS for a while. Rockstar complained about this and then just ported the game to PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back