Let's be honest, how is development going along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannons and teleporters. Sounds logical to me.
By that logic, we could stick a teleporter at the end of every act and therefore absolutely any transition would make sense. Go from a deep underground cave to a space station? Sure!

Seriously, proper transitions are unnecessary in platform games, and would require us do work to make cutscenes instead of actual gameplay. That's just not worth it.

Actually mystic, with out the end result, the logic doesn't work. Carnival night's cannon Shot both sonic and Tails over to Icecap. Sonic landed on a conveniently placed snowboard, and tails hit a wall. Knuckles got to use the teleporter provided he took the path made for him. He arrives in Icecap via a receiving teleporter.

IMO, All SRB2 would need for a transition to Eggrock would be the Grand Egg ship, or getting launched from a volcano.

Transitions aren't needed for every level, although even Sonic 2 had a cutscene for getting into space. Although Mystic's teleporter in DCZ "idea" probably could work fine, GEZ could also just be a one-act zone housing Metal Sonic.

Death Egg Zone was an important plot piece in Sonic 2. Transitions between minor zones aren't important (in fact, I think it's kind of implied that Sonic runs from zone to zone just to free all of the animals that Robotnik captured), but you do want to know how Sonic gets from the ground to his final destination, and so the cutscenes are a good detail.

Man people are always so unsatisfied these days. I mean dude the godly ones who made SRB2 did this entirely for the public and as a hobby?! Thats right they werent even paid to do this. I mean they made this in their spare time. They could rather be watching a movie, or eating some steak. Just be lucky that we already have this version or srb2 which im sure took years to make.

Last edited:
A lot of people are working hard on mapping and are not in the dev team. As harsh as it may sound, you will also need talent, and who knows if you have that?

I dunno, maybe it reveals itself along the way. And I said hopefully, because hope is always in people's hearts.
EDIT: And Fawfulfan isn't on the dev team, and this is such a bad thing, because he has a lot of talent. So, if he isn't, I may know: If I wanna enter the dev team, I must be BETTER than FFF, so I will never be like.
EDIT: And SC, you're such a hope blaster.

Last edited:
I dunno, maybe it reveals itself along the way. And I said hopefully, because hope is always in people's hearts.
Sure, have your hopes. Just don't expect too much either. If you're really good, you will be part of the dev team, but work towards smaller goals for now.

EDIT: And Fawfulfan isn't on the dev team, and this is such a bad thing, because he has a lot of talent. So, if he isn't, I may know: If I wanna enter the dev team, I must be BETTER than FFF, so I will never be like.
Fawfulfan also barely has the time to develop his own pack, not to mention developing SRB2. But yes, the mappers on the dev team are probably better mappers than Fawfulfan, at least from what either side has shown us. Not to put Fawfulfan's talents down, but the dev team is just really good at what they're doing. (CEZ never happened kthx)

EDIT: And SC, you're such a hope blaster.
Spirit = Hope, Crusher = Blaster
Well, not quite literally, but you get what I'm aiming at ;)

Ok...
I will try. It's not easy, but worth. At least I wanna have an good position. Fawfulfan told me to do something and not circling around only posting messages. Now I'm making stages, I'm progreeding, I think.

Err, most of them actually do. As you may have noticed, the ones that don't work on it have also lost their red user titles (well, except those who are also Judges).

Well, no, the ones removed are the ones who are so inactive that they haven't touched development in over a year. I'm guilty of not doing any development in quite a while, we're talking months, as are a few others.

Also, it's orange, not red, is everyone colour blind or something?

I'd call it a reddish-orange myself. A real good kind of orange considering the blue background on the theme I use.

Ok, I seriously think it's time to settle what the problem is with a closing post. So, here goes.

Many of us have lives. I know that, speaking personally, I am working MANY hours a week and have barely enough time to do the things I need to do to move on with life, let alone work on a fangame. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position. Any other dev member who wishes to share their two cents worth at this point is welcome to, but really, you guys do need to understand that we are doing what we can. Finding motivation to work on a project with no real tangible benefit and at the detriment of things that need to be done is difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back