Toy Story 3 (And other Toy Stories)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I think 3 might be a good time to end it.

Andy is grown up. I don't see how they would do a sequel unless it revolves around a new owner.

After all these years there coming out with a third one. When I was little I used to watch Toy story all the time.

Disney has a reputation for churning out sequels, but Pixar generally seems to avoid them. Although its more a policy of 'we're not going to make a sequel until we are convinced we have a good story' than 'all sequels are terrible'. With that said, I think that it is unlikely that Pixar will find a reason to come back to the Toy Story series (at least for a film) unless Disney forces them. With John Lassetter in charge, I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Last edited:
Also, look what happened to the Shrek series. The producers CAN make awesome movies. Yet, the latest Shrek adventures are losing their value. Just look at the rating, many people think Shrek is just dying and its a good time to close it before they ruin it more. Shrek is being the same old movie.

I don't think we need tons of Toy Story sequels as IMO 3 is enough.

Disney has a reputation for churning out sequels, but Pixar generally seems to avoid them. Although its more a policy of 'we're not going to make a sequel until we are convinced we have a good story' than 'all sequels are terrible'. With that said, I think that it is unlikely that Pixar will find a reason to come back to the Toy Story series (at least for a film) unless Disney forces them. With John Lassetter in charge, I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Well, they can just say "Make Toy Story 9001 or you're fired." And if they do get fired, since Disney owns Pixar(they're Disney Animation Studios officially, IIRC) they will most likely keep the rights for all eternity.

Also, look what happened to the Shrek series. The producers CAN make awesome movies. Yet, the latest Shrek adventures are losing their value. Just look at the rating, many people think Shrek is just dying and its a good time to close it before they ruin it more. Shrek is being the same old movie.

I don't think we need tons of Toy Story sequels as IMO 3 is enough.

Well when you think about it, the newest shrek was basically a sort of re do of the first one, meaning that they had shrek go back in time before the first movie to be a real ogre again. Also I am going to see toy story 3 with a friend this Saturday so it might be worthwhile.

I just saw the movie(In 3D =D)

It was awesome. Everything was done with love. The presentation,the ending,the graphics, the storyline! Oh, the move surprisingly had you "WTF is going to happen" a whole bunch of times.

If they DID make a Toy Story 4, it would be about the toys' adventures with Andy's children. :3

No it'd probably involve the new owner they get at the end but really I'm surprised they waited so long to make a third movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I might be a little bit picky, but I would consider that spoilers. Considering you're talking about the end of a movie that is still in theaters and not everyone has seen yet. I'd put that in spoiler tags. (spoiler) and (/spoiler) with brackets instead of parentheses.

If they DID make a Toy Story 4, it would be about the toys' adventures with Andy's children. :3

Actually, Andy gives all of his toys to the little girl who is seen in the middle of the movie. My guess would be that a Toy Story 4 would be about the adventures with her as their owner now.
I highly doubt there will be a Toy Story 4 though.

Now I might be a little bit picky, but I would consider that spoilers. Considering you're talking about the end of a movie that is still in theaters and not everyone has seen yet. I'd put that in spoiler tags. (spoiler) and (/spoiler) with brackets instead of parentheses.
It's really not that big of a spoiler since I don't say who they end up with.
Actually, Andy gives all of his toys to the little girl who is seen in the middle of the movie. My guess would be that a Toy Story 4 would be about the adventures with her as their owner now.
I highly doubt there will be a Toy Story 4 though.
That's really more of a spoiler than what I said.

I just saw the movie(In 3D =D)

It was awesome. Everything was done with love. The presentation,the ending,the graphics, the storyline! Oh, the move surprisingly had you "WTF is going to happen" a whole bunch of times.

I saw the movie too, it was done perfectly

and I hope the toys have a happy life with bonnie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from seeing it.

Much like Yahtzee's review of Portal, I can literally not find one thing wrong with Toy Story 3. The technical qualities of the film are absolutely amazing (for fun, take a look at this clip of the original Toy Story at 1:30 and compare with the humans in this trailer for Toy Story 3. It's absolutely amazing how computer-generated animation has advanced since Toy Story's beginning), the music is spot-on, the plot is great (especially entertaining is the toys' complicated escape from Sunny Time Daycare), and there are sentimental moments aplenty (my personal favorite is when Andy's toys join hands and accept their fate as they're about to be incinerated with no salvation in sight). It's a great and entertaining film.

That said, however, there wasn't that engrossing sense of fantasy and unadulterated wonder that I experienced with the first Toy Story and its sequel, to a lesser extent. This isn't the movie's fault, of course. I'm twenty-one years old, and while this movie is certainly enjoyable for adults (any adult, after all, can relate to the theme of growing old and separating from aspects of his or her childhood), I simply don't have the sufficient suspension of disbelief to totally be immersed in it. So, if you have kids or young siblings or relatives, take 'em to the film: They'll thank you for it. And if you were a kid when you saw Toy Story, or you're a fan of animation in general, go see it regardless. Toy Story 3 provides great strides in animation, as stated above, as well as closure to a fantastic set of movies.

Hey, did any of you see Sid's two cameos in Toy Story 3? Look for somebody who's wearing a t-shirt with a skull on it.

Last edited:
The end was sorta happy, sorta sad. I think Andy should've kept his toys and given them to his kids. It says in one of the movies that Woody was Andy's dad's before he gave it to Andy. Andy should've kept Woody and given it to his kids when he grew up. But I'm glad that Andy made another kid happy by giving his toys away.
The scene in the trash room disappointed me sort of. The toys should've given up, they should've kept trying. It's not like Buzz or Woody to give up.

EDIT: I just remembered another two characters. That surveilance monkey was freaky! And I thought the phone was evil from when I saw the trailers. Spanish Buzz was funny. XD

Last edited:
Just came back from watching it -- I'm deeply moved, to be honest. Like most of you guys, I saw the first two movies when I was just a wee little tot...and here I am, so many years later, watching a movie with a plot that aged with me, as I too am graduating this year.

I won't lie to you guys -- I cried. I looked over to my friend (also graduating) beside me and, sure enough, he was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back