Suggestions

The devmode command "charspeed" should also include the mindash and maxdash parameters (changes the charge-up range of the spindash). Kind of confusing as to why these parameters aren't included in the command to begin with.

I was messing around w/ trying to see how Amy would feel like with a spindash ability instead of the ground hammer, but was disappointed to find that this parameter is absent from the command.

Super Sonic in SRB2 2.2 match

I miss being able to turn super in match, so can someone make an addon for me to do so please?

Last edited:
An option to use 1.09.4's spectator mode

Even though the actual spectator mode matches more the "spectator stuff" I think being able to play the game as a character while other players are fighting, like in 1.09.4's spectator mode, was really cool and I think if gametypes like coop ever have an spectator mode it could be useful for some new players since they could be training some jumps and learning how to not die.

Even though the actual spectator mode matches more the "spectator stuff" I think being able to play the game as a character while other players are fighting, like in 1.09.4's spectator mode, was really cool and I think if gametypes like coop ever have an spectator mode it could be useful for some new players since they could be training some jumps and learning how to not die.

I like the idea of a spectator mode for multiplayer gametypes in general that allows the player to control a "ghost" character. While on the "Spectator" team, the player has "You are a spectator, press (insert whatever button the player has bound to spectate here) to view others players" displayed on their screen for long enough to read.

While on the spectate team, the player could have the following traits:
-Moved to spectate team when getting a game over.
-Appears transparent to themselves, indicating they are a ghost.
-Cannot be seen by other players except others in the spectate team, who see them as transparent.
-Can bounce off enemies/monitors, but cannot deal damage to/break them.
-Cannot pick up rings and other collectibles (Emerald Tokens, CTF flags, etc).
-Cannot interact with other players.
-Cannot trigger the end of level flag (End signs, etc).
-Is immune to all forms of damage except crushing and bottomless pits.
-Can breath underwater and in a vacuum.
-Has infinite lives.
-Dying does not impact score in any gametype.
-While spectating a "living" player, you can only see what they can see (Cannot see spectate team players).
-Can only text chat with other spectate team players.

Id like if (boss) fang couldn't juggle you in the air with his triple shot
Yeah, as it is, even though only the first hit takes rings, each hit after counts against your guard bonus. And if you get hit by the first one, there's nothing you can do to stop the rest.

Couple things:

1. I wish the game would save your settings for anisotropic filtering and field of view. For some reason, these are the things I always have to reset when I start up the game. Anisotropic isn't so bad, since it just takes a flick of the analog stick, but the outdated UI on the field of view making me hold down the button for at least 8 or 9 seconds to get it to 100 is annoying.

2. The minecart sections in ACZ2 are just a little jank. The camera always catches on the saloon doors as it passes through, and the final section, with the rails that loop into themselves, is just a strange mechanic that's a bit difficult to properly decipher just by looking at it coming towards you.

Also THZ2's design is boring, the color choices for most of the levels are murky and dark, and it's almost impossible to skip the credits in co-op.

Better documentation of the Actions on the wiki to include literal examples of how they are used.

add Brak as a playable character in srb2 again!
Brak wasn't ever a playable character.
It was an addon.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------
How about just letting straight up Sonic run on walls like you see in those fangames like Sonic Utopia or Green Hill Paradise? It would require less sprites (the only sprites required would be if there isn't much momentum in the wall run which makes it more of a slide).

There would be a some additional sprites required, which are the running on walls 90 degrees animation. You would only need walking and running though. (Or just running if you need to be above runspeed to run on walls).

There would be a some additional sprites required, which are the running on walls 90 degrees animation. You would only need walking and running though. (Or just running if you need to be above runspeed to run on walls).

Nah, they could just implement something like this for that. Even if they didn't, adding new sprites is time consuming, but it's not undoable.

The real problem is that the Doom engine interprets walls in a fundamentally different way to floors, so you can't just have the floor curve into them and transition into wall-running the way a Sonic Adventure 1 or any game where you can change the gravity by 90 degrees could, especially not in a way that retains momentum. This is the reason the game doesn't have loops.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back